• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Never_Retire_Steve

Who has been your biggest disappointment

Rate this topic

Totally disagree, Maltby in my mind has gone from a valuable player to the team, to a wasted roster spot for a young guy. Maltby used to be an aggitator and was very good at it, he would draw penalties left and right. But this year and last he has lost his edge, most likely due to getting older. He just doesnt play with passion like he used to and it shows, I watch him when he's out there and he just looks lost IMO.

I know I mispelled Samuelson in my last post because honestly I dont care enough to spell it correctly, he is worse than even Maltby taking soft shot after soft shot that has ZERO chance of going in.

I honestly dont know which guy I dislike most......and dont even get me started on Lang.

I also disagree with people ragging on Kronwall, was he horrible in the beginning of the season before he got cut with a skate and had to wear that cage? I have a feeling that cage is 99% of his problem.........yes I agree he has been bad the last few weeks, but once that cage comes off I bet he will snap back into form.

Please explain the difference between Maltby last year and Maltby this year. If you have a hard time pointing to the difference, then how can you say you are disappointed? Are you not getting what you expect?

first of all, anyone who thinks a cage makes you a crappy player is wrong. if you don't worry about it, you hardly notice it. i understand that it may take some getting used to, but it definately isn't 99% of kronwalls problem.

second, i think malby has been great this year. his role isn't to stickhandle around people and score goals, it is to kill penalties and draw penalties and he has been great at both.

I don't think Kronwall met anyone's expectations this year...Lang, Maltby and Kopecky are also on my below-expectations list.

apparently no one has the guts to say it, so I will!

HASUK!!!!

the man would have half the wins he does on any other team!

HASUK!!!!

Wow- I can't believe it but I can virtually hear your duncecap swaying back and forth as you jollily type what you imagine was a stunningly clever line.

Edited by Drake_Marcus

Wow- I can't believe it but I can virtually hear your duncecap swaying back and forth as you jollily type what you imagine was a stunningly clever line.

people like you are the reason people consider abortion!

HASUK!!!!

OMG DOM STAY IN NET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Courtesy of the playoff avatar made by edicus. :P

edit: really though, that was an uncalled for post. Dom has been good despite his antics.

Edited by Kp-Wings

edit: really though, that was an uncalled for post. Dom has been good despite his antics.

Dom has been good for a "42 year old goalie"....theres a difference! He isn't GOOD anymore. He is average.

Dom has been good for a "42 year old goalie"....theres a difference! He isn't GOOD anymore. He is average.

Hes pretty good actaully , 34 or 35 wins

Would you rather us being going with Manny "wraparound" Legace? We have a much better chance in the playoffs with Dom rather than Legace.

Well I knew Williams sucked, I'm not a fan of Sammy but people did point out he has some decent D. I guess Lang or Kronwall, Lang you could see this coming though. Also I think Maltby has been playing his role pretty well as of late. Lets just hope Sammy has an "upperback injury" come playoff time, and I like Cleary's heart but I really wouldn't expect to much out of him for the rest of the season. Heres hoping I'm wrong.

Guest Tunbo Batman

it hard to find a disppointment in a in a team that overachieves year after year after year.

Id have to go with Kronwall (bad positional play, no scoring chances), or Lang (clutch but prone to giveaways).

OTOH, Filppula, Hudler, Calder and even Datsyuk-without-Z have kind of been nice surprises :D

He isn't GOOD anymore. He is average.

Well there aren't many average that you could snag for 500K. I'd say he's overachieving, I don't know what you were expecting. I think we were all sceptacle at the start of the season.

yzerman

Never thought of this, but I agreed initially.

However, I think that retiring at the high level of play he was going at, and the 4 assists in 4 games in the playoffs was a good way to go.

Plus he's now contributing to the Wings future. What more could you want?

Never thought of this, but I agreed initially.

However, I think that retiring at the high level of play he was going at, and the 4 assists in 4 games in the playoffs was a good way to go.

Plus he's now contributing to the Wings future. What more could you want?

I think that was airing more on the side of a joke rather than being serious.

people like you are the reason people consider abortion!

EDIT: I initially did a little song and dance defending my IQ and accomplishments, but instead I'll go with this:

I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Edited by Drake_Marcus