• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Never_Retire_Steve

Who has been your biggest disappointment

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Totally disagree, Maltby in my mind has gone from a valuable player to the team, to a wasted roster spot for a young guy. Maltby used to be an aggitator and was very good at it, he would draw penalties left and right. But this year and last he has lost his edge, most likely due to getting older. He just doesnt play with passion like he used to and it shows, I watch him when he's out there and he just looks lost IMO.

I know I mispelled Samuelson in my last post because honestly I dont care enough to spell it correctly, he is worse than even Maltby taking soft shot after soft shot that has ZERO chance of going in.

I honestly dont know which guy I dislike most......and dont even get me started on Lang.

I also disagree with people ragging on Kronwall, was he horrible in the beginning of the season before he got cut with a skate and had to wear that cage? I have a feeling that cage is 99% of his problem.........yes I agree he has been bad the last few weeks, but once that cage comes off I bet he will snap back into form.

You just misspelled it again.

Yeah, I'd have to go with Bob, too. He's been hot and cold, but what's consistent throughout are his costly turnovers and obvious lack of effort at both ends of the rink.

I bet that hurt your heart to type.

Lang's been great with Calder doing all the puck digging work (ala Cleary). Once Cleary and Calder are out there sacrificing their bodies Lang can go back to throwing pucks into the net :D

Guest Crymson

people like you are the reason people consider abortion!

Excellent rebuttal. Want to join the debate team?

It does. Every time Bob forces me to criticize him, somewhere, a rose turns to black and is no more.

It's hard to hear... like if Rab said Z was lazy! :blink:

It does. Every time Bob forces me to criticize him, somewhere, a rose turns to black and is no more.

Hahaha- doubleposted for truth! :hehe:

Wow, I didn't really expect this thread to be so Detroit centred (obviously should've rephrased the question) but I was thinking in general. Keep in mind that I know most people will be more disappointed with their own team, but who's the player in your fantasy pool that has really held you back this year. For me, it's Cheechoo and it's not even close to second (although Calder was a huge disappointment for before he got traded but I actually cut him at the all-star break....oops!)

(although Calder was a huge disappointment for before he got traded but I actually cut him at the all-star break....oops!)

Well I think Babs is pretty much the only person who pegged Calder for a resurgence after the break :blush:

And thanks for the backup Crym! You're officially my homeslice! :D

Wow, I didn't really expect this thread to be so Detroit centred (obviously should've rephrased the question) but I was thinking in general. Keep in mind that I know most people will be more disappointed with their own team, but who's the player in your fantasy pool that has really held you back this year. For me, it's Cheechoo and it's not even close to second (although Calder was a huge disappointment for before he got traded but I actually cut him at the all-star break....oops!)

Too many disappointments among the Wings to have any effort left to criticise anyone else. :P

well, i would say lang, but i didn't expect much of him. if seen enough in his tenure here to not be surprised by his performance (or lack there of) this year. so i will go with kronwall. he's been a big disappointment in my eyes. it's not that he hasn't been great, he hasn't even been good. i was hoping for more from markov as well.

As far as this team goes I'd have to say either Kronwall. But to be fair, I had pretty high expectations of him to begin with, so we'll see how he does in the coming years. If we're speaking about Fantasy hockey teams, Patrick Marleau really hasn't been much help over the past month or so.

Kronwall has been atrocious, defensively. However, overall lack of urgency when not playing certain teams, is my biggest disappointment.

I could not agree more!! He gives the puck away more than anybody I have ever seen.

I have to go with Kronwall. I think he has been one of our worst defensemen. This may be a reflection of the expectations everyone had, but right now he isn't even a good 3rd or 4th, he's more like a 5th or 6th.

second, i think malby has been great this year. his role isn't to stickhandle around people and score goals, it is to kill penalties and draw penalties and he has been great at both.

Maltby is -10 and he would be -12 without that last empty net goal. He has the worst +/- on the team (not counting Calder's #s with Chicago).

Draper is also a penalty killer and he is +3. When I said Maltby's stickhandling sucks I didn't mean that he should be scoring, I mean that he shouldn't be fumbling the puck and turning it over, which is part of the reason he is -10.

He sucks. I used to like him, but there's no way that any NHL player should only have 5 goals in 72 games, regardless of your role on the team, unless it's being a goalie.

He sucks. I used to like him, but there's no way that any NHL player should only have 5 goals in 72 games, regardless of your role on the team, unless it's being a goalie.

By that logic, a whole lot of people suck. Including Kronwall.

Lebda - 4 goals

Markov - 3 goals

Kronwall - 1 goal

Chelios - 0

Lilja - 0

Granted, none of these guys have played 72 games, so maybe they are okay :P

Come to think of it, looking at those stats makes me think Schneider is a little more important to this team than I originally thought. If he is gone in the offseason, his production will need to be replaced by someone.