• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KronwallCRUNCH

NBC Broadcast team

Rate this topic

The only thing I liked was when Hull got on Lang's case for that lazy ass penalty he took.Did they put Hull in the broadcast booth to try and spice things up a bit?i like Hull ,but all he did was make fun of players and talk s*** with those other two morons.Mickey might be full of cliches,but I would rather listen to Mick and Ken Daniels any day.The pregame was lame also.Where does Ray Ferarro get off saying that the Wings aren't happy with the way Hasek's been playing.I think I would rather mute the tv and listen to Ken Kal on the radio.The jackasses on Vs aren't any better.I hope CBC carries the Wings playoff games when FSN doesn't.

Hull had the quote of the day...

referring to Quincey

"He needs to work on his shot in practice, he's taken some today that could have been blocked without pads"

Edited by WingFanInStarLand

The only thing I liked was when Hull got on Lang's case for that lazy ass penalty he took.Did they put Hull in the broadcast booth to try and spice things up a bit?i like Hull ,but all he did was make fun of players and talk s*** with those other two morons.Mickey might be full of cliches,but I would rather listen to Mick and Ken Daniels any day.The pregame was lame also.Where does Ray Ferarro get off saying that the Wings aren't happy with the way Hasek's been playing.I think I would rather mute the tv and listen to Ken Kal on the radio.The jackasses on Vs aren't any better.I hope CBC carries the Wings playoff games when FSN doesn't.

If only uh you could uh mute the other guy with uh Kal who uh sounds like this uh all the time.

Hull was just acting like a jackass, and all they did was argue and bicker all game.

It was nice for a change, but Id take Ken and Mick anyday.

No, Ken and Mickey might be one of the best play-by-play/color pairs in all of regionalized sports. They're fantastic together.

I really enjoyed the NBC guys today. They made a 4-0 3rd-period blowout very entertaining and worthwhile. They were honest, which I really appreciate. We need to see more of this kind of stuff.

Do we really need play by play on tv though? I mean we're watchin them play i dont need to be told whats happening when im watching it happen. Thats more of a radio thing where you cant see whats going on.

I agree that there is less need for play by play on TV than radio, and for some of the more mundane periods of the game a bit of conversation from the commentators can spice up the telecast a bit. But the NBC announcers tend to completely ignore the action on the ice for minutes at a time, missing scoring chances, exciting defensive plays, great saves that don't result in a goalie stoppage etc. At one point in the second period they missed a whole PK for the wings when Samuelsson was off for hooking. It was called as they were going to commercial, and NBC didn't catch it at all. At first, the only reason I knew Columbus was on a power play was from the arena announcer doing his annoying "BJ's are ON. A. POWER PLAAAYYY!!!" thing. NBC never put a power play clock graphic up, and therefore the commentators never realized that there was a penalty. It really highlighted to me that they don't pay any attention to what's going on on the ice, unless the crowd makes some noise. And since it was an uneventful power play (and great PK for the wings), they never mentioned that the wings were shorthanded. It was the most glaring of several such missed moments on the part of the commentators.

I've never liked play-by-play while watching. If there was a way to mute the voices and only get the sounds in the arena, like the skates cutting into the ice (love that sound), then i would do it. I don't need someone to tell me what's going on.

Hull sounded like a broken record talking about Datsyuk not staying in Detroit. Didn't he come out and say he wanted a long term deal or that he wanted to stay here? Didn't the Wings say the same thing? That is just silly, especially with the notion of Datsyuk going to the Capitals because of AO. Maybe I was mistaken about Datsyuk and the Wings saying those things, but I don't believe they are going to let someone go as precious as Datsyuk so easily.

I enjoyed them. Brett Hull criticized some of the players, but in a humerous sort of way. He and the rest of the guys were quite funny up there. I wish they'd have Hull be up in the broadcast booth all of time.

Mike Emrick: Samulesson is having words out there, but there just words.

Brett Hull: What a shocker.

:P

Mickey Redmond, bless him, hasnt been relevant or worthwhile in years. I appreciate his spirit- but he's just a huge collection of repetitive cliches and tiresome phrases.

:thumbup:

Agreed. Unfortunately, now we're lepers for thinking outside the box.

Mike Emrick: Samulesson is having words out there, but there just words.

Brett Hull: What a shocker.

:P

LOL, thats what i was referring to in my first post. Good stuff by Brett.

I enjoyed them. Brett Hull criticized some of the players, but in a humerous sort of way.

Maybe that would explain why half of the Wings walked right by him on the way out of the lockeroom on Brett Hull night. I'm pretty sure that I'd take Sammy in a cage match against Hull.

The thing that bugged me the most was when Ferraro said, "Remember when you asked me what was right about the Red Wings and I said 'nothing'? Well there is one thing - their schedule."

lame, tired, and recycled.

I like the fact that you all are having this conversation. Because I would really take any of them on a game by game basis. Seeing <10 games a year i would listen to a bunch of school girls talk than watch the blackhawks make a mockery out of the game of hockey.

That being said. Thorne and Clament were my childhood hockey announcers so they should come back. They should put hockey back on 760 so that I can get them down here in Indiana rather than having to stick by my computer all game.

I will say this: anybody who thinks that the Red Wings would be at the top of the league if they were in another division is a little delusional. I'm not saying they wouldn't be an elite team, but they probably wouldn't be leading the way for the President's Trophy. It's not fair to criticize the NBC announcers for pointing this out.

Is Nashville not in the same division as us?

Exactly. Just to recap:

Central Division: #1, #4, #10, #11, #13 teams in the conference right now.

Northwest Division: #3, #7, #8, #9, #12

Pacific Division: #2, #5, #6, #14, #15

I don't really see THAT much disparity there. While we only have two playoff teams to the three in the other two divisions, our two are the #1, and the #4 (best non-division winner). It's almost like people hold the fact that we don't play against ourselves against us.

Oh, and let's conveniently forget this:

2-2-0 vs. Anaheim

1-2-1 vs. Vancouver

6-1-1 vs. Nashville

3-0-1 vs. Dallas

1-3-0 vs. San Jose

3-0-1 vs. Minnesota

2-2-0 vs. Calgary

Total: 18-10-4 vs. West playoff teams

Guest Don Corleone

It's about time NBC got smart and put Hullie in the booth. Of course it may have something to do with NBC just re-upping witht he NHL. Wouldn't want Hull saying anything to urinate Buttman off before the contract was renewed.

I will say this: anybody who thinks that the Red Wings would be at the top of the league if they were in another division is a little delusional. I'm not saying they wouldn't be an elite team, but they probably wouldn't be leading the way for the President's Trophy. It's not fair to criticize the NBC announcers for pointing this out.

If you extrapolate the winning percentages against other divisions teams, the Wings'point total would decline by 2-3 points at the most, if they were in the NW and would not decline if they were in the Pacific. This assumes that the Wings keep flying to the west coast for all 16 of their away NW division games, which is a significant factor, that no other teams in the NW divisionwould have to deal with.

This means that the Wings Would be trailing the Ducks for the conference lead by 0-1 points right now, instead of leading them by 2. Not much of a difference at all.

I think the best comment Hull made was when someone was talking about the lack of respect between the players, and said something about players being dirty, and Hull says "Like Tootoo?" Other than that, I could live without him in the booth.