• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BringHomeTheCup!

Fedorov

Rate this topic

This totally escapes me. I just don't get it. Why do people feel the need to boo Fedorov? I will never understand this. As much as I HATE Hasek, I would never boo him. It's just so goddamn disrespectful. Seriously people, look at what Fedorov did for us. Without him, we dont' win any of those 3 cups. Check the stats, in 96 he lead the team in playoff scoring. In 97 and 01 he was second in playoff scoring. All while being depended upon to shut down opposing teams top lines. He was crucial to our team, and we just aren't the same team without him.

He left for personal reasons. It wasn't the money, Detroit offered him more money, or at least a comparable deal. He left because he was tired of the ridicule from fan like the ones who boo him now. All he did was play unbelieveable hockey here in Detroit. He was a winner. Every year was with Detroit, we made the playoffs. He averaged more than a point per game with Detroit, won the Hart, Pearson, and twice the Selke. Don't forget he was robbed of the Calder in 91 by Belfour.

He is an undeniable talent. When the fans at the Joe boo him, I think about how so many of those same fans come home and start a thread on here about why Nashville fans are so stupid, rude, ect. You are acting in the same manner as they are. You are no better than they are.

Last but not least. Fedorov was loved by the fans. If nothing else, the booing proves that. Afterall, if no one cared that he left, then why boo him? A name like Lapointe jumps to mind. And how will you react when Shanahan comes back? Please don't be as classless as you are when Fedorov is in town.

Edited by BringHomeTheCup!

People were heartbroken when Fedorov left. Its not about him sucking or his morals, etc - although people will use those excuses for booing him. Its about him being a standout son of Detroit and then leaving Detroit for another team.

Is it immature to boo him? Yeah. Personally, I think its getting pretty old, but its one of those things that will probably never go away and in some ways could be taken as a compliment. He wouldnt be booed in people didnt care about him so much in the first place.

I don't like it either but people will be stupid. I mean, Chelios left Chicago long before Feds left Detroit and Chicago fans still boo Cheli. Heck, Vancouver fans boo Cheli and he never played there!!

What really toasted my turnips was last April when I went to Columbus to see the Wings play the BJ's, some of the Wings fans were booing Feds at Nationwide Arena. THAT was uncalled for - I mean, boo the man at the Joe if you must, but booing him at his home rink was rude, obnoxious and uncalled for. :angry::thumbdown:

I have to agree.. Feds was an integral part of all the Stanley Cups that went to Detroit. I guess that I am one those fans that still holds a grudge (note aviator). The last Sunday game, Brett Hull noted that nobody should be booing such a talented player and Mickey made close to the same comments regarding the fans booing him.

Feds just does not deserve the lack of respect he's been receiving from the crowds at the Joe.

booing is stupid? of course. but fans are fans, they will do that from time to time.

he was is and most likely always will be my favorite player of all time. what he did here was unrivaled. to have that great an impact come from one guy is insane.

at the same time i was crushed when he left the wings. greed? maybe. personal reasons? probably. whatever the case may be, i can see why some choose to express their distaste for his move to anaheim, but i personally don't care for it.

the guy is still one of the best to ever put on a sweater, done and done.

For me I see it like this...... I was the biggest fan of Sergei when he was a Wing but as soon as he left I have said some pretty nasty things since he's been gone. It's the same thing when I think of my last girlfriend who left me. I loved her but when she left I was heartbroken and I will never be able to feel the same way as when she was with me because I feel betrayed to some extent and will always remember the pain. For me its the same thing with Fedorov.

Its funny, most people on here dont like the booing, yet most people at the Joe boo him*, hell, he even gets booed at home when they play the Wings. Just seems weird to me.

I think he just left on bad terms. You didnt hear boos for Shanny, Mac or Larionov.

*enough to hear it loud and clear on tv.

I think he just left on bad terms. You didnt hear boos for Shanny, Mac or Larionov.

thats probly because Shanny hasnt played at the Joe yet! but i dont think he would get booed i thing he'd get alot of Cheers!

pesonaly i think some do it cuz they hate Fedorov and some do it for fun and some love him and miss him. its all mostly out of fun,

what other sport to you hear people booing u besides WWE?

its kinda a new traditon!

Edited by Motown

Its funny, most people on here dont like the booing, yet most people at the Joe boo him*, hell, he even gets booed at home when they play the Wings. Just seems weird to me.

Shanny hasn't made it back to the Joe yet.

Mac didn't have a choice is leaving, it wouldn't make sense to boo him.

And Igor, he'd fit into a category with Marty Lapointe, no one cared.

It's pathetic and im sick of it. It wasn't right to begin with and it's getting damn old. Fans should recognize all he's done for the Wings and how huge he was to their success. The only reason they boo him is because he signed elsewhere, yet no one even knows the real reason why Fedorov decided to go. If im not mistaken he needed some time from the Wings management because he was having issues in his personal life. They didn't give him that little time he needed to make a decision and so he went elsewhere. Good for him. I'd do the same. People need to get the hell over it already. The guy deserves cheers, not boo's. I sometimes wish I was at games against the Blue Jackets so I can go there along with some friends and cheer so loud for him in hopes that it will out do the boo's. lol seriously.

As for Shanny, he'll never get booed. He left on good terms and just did what he felt was best for the team.

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

first of all let me state that sergei is my favorite player ever. however, i dont really feel bad for the booing and it angers me when he says it upsets him. Thats bulls***, what do u expect, he left a team he didnt have to, so he could be the center of attention. and this whole personal thing is crap, ok maybe he was going through a hard time, but he knew if he wanted to stay in detroit, he could have stayed. and if anyone remembers the situation, he kinda left all of a sudden. I remember hearing that they are still in talks and sergei was giving the wings a hard time, then all of a sudden he signs with the ducks. THE DUCKS, the team that just swept us and broke all of our hearts. hell he could of been going to the avalanche at the time. Thats how i felt. PLus i think the boos gets into his head, and if i knew that booing a player would make him not as deadly as he could be, i would do it, if you notice whenever feds plays the red wings and gets booed, he gets rid of the puck pretty quickly. Sergei getting rid of the puck is a good thing for us. If he comes back to detroit, im sure he will get cheered. But untill then, he deserves every one of those boos. I dont feel bad, and im Russian and love Sergei to death. He could of left like shanny, by saying it was just time for him to go, instead without any notice just bolted at the first chance. He pulled a ***** manover and thats why he gets booed

Edited by WingMachine91

I stumbled upon this on youtube its Fedorov fighting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elxPHJFkrQ0

Wow that was sweet...Kisio was a pretty tough guy and Fedorov gave as good as he got, pretty awesome.

And yeah, the booing...Fedorov was my favorite player growing up and I don't like seeing him get booed but it's been going on for long enough now to where I'm pretty much apathetic towards it. It's going to continue until he retires, no sense getting all worked up over it.

The fact that people boo him to this day kind of shows how integral he was to the team and important he was to Red Wings fans. His departure felt like betrayal because people knew how good he was and how much they wanted him to stay. And because he left for personal reasons, it got ugly and stayed that way.

Lots of people go on about how ridiculous it is that he did so much for the team and still gets booed. That's an excellent point, but I also understand the opposite viewpoint. When fans love a team and its players so much, it's hard to accept someone's decision to leave it because of personal reasons. It's like believing you have the most awesome family in the world, but watching your favorite brother leave and seek adopted care. It just doesn't make sense to you and it feels like betrayal.

Without Federov, I doubt if the Wings would have won in 97 and 98.

He was HUGE !

Like HC said, no one really knows the true story, but we are very eager to judge and bash him.

We should be thankfull for the fact that he has given us the VERY BEST years of his carreer.

I understand the booing, but everybody on all sides on this issue simply need to get over it.

I'm over the whole Fedorov leaving thing or even worrying about it, been over it since his first few games with Anaheim. It'd be happy if everybody just shut the f**k up booing him, but there are plenty of other things that piss me off more than life.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Its a pity he went, I really wanted him to hit the 500 goal mark in the Winged wheel. He would have been there if he had stayed, but finds he is still 39 short of that mark. Oh well I'm sure he has his reason's and he will probably deep down regret he ever left, thats life and we all move on, here's to the next one.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

It's pathetic and im sick of it. It wasn't right to begin with and it's getting damn old. Fans should recognize all he's done for the Wings and how huge he was to their success. The only reason they boo him is because he signed elsewhere, yet no one even knows the real reason why Fedorov decided to go. If im not mistaken he needed some time from the Wings management because he was having issues in his personal life. They didn't give him that little time he needed to make a decision and so he went elsewhere. Good for him. I'd do the same. People need to get the hell over it already. The guy deserves cheers, not boo's. I sometimes wish I was at games against the Blue Jackets so I can go there along with some friends and cheer so loud for him in hopes that it will out do the boo's. lol seriously.

As for Shanny, he'll never get booed. He left on good terms and just did what he felt was best for the team.

Lets face it, the circumstances surrounding his departure from Detroit were cloudy enough to lead us to the point we're at today. The psycho analyzing of why people boo Feds is a waste of time. There are always people who are going to boo, especially drunken morons. Now take those morons and feed them a bunch of misinformation or stuff their brains with some notion that they've been dissed by a player and that player is going to be public enemy #1. Its not complicated at all.

I think the booing is stupid, not because it has anything to do with Fedorov just that I think its dumb. However, this horse has been beaten to death a hundred times over. People have every right to boo a guy who isn't wearing a Wings sweater. They don't have to not boo just because he helped us win 3 cups. All the talk about "look what he did for us" etc....so what. This is sports. It isn't what you did for us back then, its what you're doing now that matters to average Joe. And simply, average Joe could give a rats ass about Fedorov and what he did for this organization so they're going to boo. Let them boo. It isn't going to stop until he hangs up his skates. He's a pariah. Nothing is going to change that.

People are going to boo and they can boo for whatever reasons they choose no matter if I or anybody else thinks its retarded. So let them boo and move on. We don't live in an idealistic place we're we all clap and reminisce about the good old days. Feds is a Jacket, he's an enemy player. He's going to be hated by some. Legit or not it is their right.

Let's just move on already.

Lets face it, the circumstances surrounding his departure from Detroit were cloudy enough to lead us to the point we're at today. The psycho analyzing of why people boo Feds is a waste of time. There are always people who are going to boo, especially drunken morons. Now take those morons and feed them a bunch of misinformation or stuff their brains with some notion that they've been dissed by a player and that player is going to be public enemy #1. Its not complicated at all.

I think the booing is stupid, not because it has anything to do with Fedorov just that I think its dumb. However, this horse has been beaten to death a hundred times over. People have every right to boo a guy who isn't wearing a Wings sweater. They don't have to not boo just because he helped us win 3 cups. All the talk about "look what he did for us" etc....so what. This is sports. It isn't what you did for us back then, its what you're doing now that matters to average Joe. And simply, average Joe could give a rats ass about Fedorov and what he did for this organization so they're going to boo. Let them boo. It isn't going to stop until he hangs up his skates. He's a pariah. Nothing is going to change that.

People are going to boo and they can boo for whatever reasons they choose no matter if I or anybody else thinks its retarded. So let them boo and move on. We don't live in an idealistic place we're we all clap and reminisce about the good old days. Feds is a Jacket, he's an enemy player. He's going to be hated by some. Legit or not it is their right.

Let's just move on already.

:clap: Well said.

And Igor, he'd fit into a category with Marty Lapointe, no one cared.

Just had to comment on this one......Both my wife and I cared. I still have my Larionov jersey (always loved the Prof, great hockey smarts)...along with Kozlov and Fedorov.

Yeah, the booing thing seems silly to me as well, but drunk fans will be drunk fans. I'll always have a soft spot for Sergei!

I for one am not a Fedorov booer. He was one of my favorite players and I would love to see a player like him come back and play for the wings again. 91 will not be worn in detroit again unless it is by sergei fedorov.

Just had to comment on this one......Both my wife and I cared. I still have my Larionov jersey (always loved the Prof, great hockey smarts)...along with Kozlov and Fedorov.

Yeah, the booing thing seems silly to me as well, but drunk fans will be drunk fans. I'll always have a soft spot for Sergei!

I care as well. Igor was not only a icon in Detroit Red Wings hockey but in Russian Hockey history. He is and will always be one of the smartest minds to play the game. They didn't call him the professor for nothing.

All of the Russian 5 will always be rememebered in Detroit. (well for most fans that is) and especially Fedorov, the guy doesen't look right in any other uniform he was born to be a Red Wing. and yet people still Boo how dumb is that.

Avery is a former Wing that deserves to be Booed. Not Fedorov.

first of all let me state that sergei is my favorite player ever. however, i dont really feel bad for the booing and it angers me when he says it upsets him. Thats bulls***, what do u expect, he left a team he didnt have to, so he could be the center of attention. and this whole personal thing is crap, ok maybe he was going through a hard time, but he knew if he wanted to stay in detroit, he could have stayed. and if anyone remembers the situation, he kinda left all of a sudden. I remember hearing that they are still in talks and sergei was giving the wings a hard time, then all of a sudden he signs with the ducks. THE DUCKS, the team that just swept us and broke all of our hearts. hell he could of been going to the avalanche at the time. Thats how i felt. PLus i think the boos gets into his head, and if i knew that booing a player would make him not as deadly as he could be, i would do it, if you notice whenever feds plays the red wings and gets booed, he gets rid of the puck pretty quickly. Sergei getting rid of the puck is a good thing for us. If he comes back to detroit, im sure he will get cheered. But untill then, he deserves every one of those boos. I dont feel bad, and im Russian and love Sergei to death. He could of left like shanny, by saying it was just time for him to go, instead without any notice just bolted at the first chance. He pulled a ***** manover and thats why he gets booed

As far as this subject goes, this is my choice for post of the year.

I don't boo him (I don't boo anyone, period, it's just not my style) but I'm at the point where I am starting to feel sorry for him. He f**ked up and he definitely knows it now. The whole way he handled his contract situation, the booing in Detroit, even the booing on his home rink, all of it. He went from playing in the playoffs every year on a top team with a strong following to complete failure. He arrived in Anaheim and they instantly became worse, going from the Stanley Cup Finals to the lottery. Now he's in Columbus, where hockey isn't all that popular, the team sucks and he's playing defenseman and everyone's talking about how the Blue Jackets need a top center for the Nash line (ouch).

Seriously, I've begun to feel pity for the guy. I don't know if he deserves it or not, but he's learned a hard lesson and some sort of basic compassion is creeping into my feelings about the guy. Which makes me uncomfortable. :)

Honestly, I would like to see him come back and finish his career in Detroit. As people have said, the reason for the booing (which players or former players, like Mickey Redmond, can never really understand) is that they do care about him and he did leave them feeling betrayed. He'd be welcomed back in a heartbeat and it would be nice to see him retire a Red Wing.