• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kzoowingedwheel

TV Coverage?

Rate this topic

Although I haven't seen any offical answer yet, I do belive that FSN will show the playoffs because, They made a channel called FSN plus

FSN Detroit is offering FSN PLUS this spring on nights when the network has dual events scheduled for the same time period.

On dates with simultaneous games, FSN Detroit will carry either the Pistons or Red Wings game, while the Tigers will be on FSN PLUS. Most cable and satellite providers will allocated an alternate channel to accommodate the FSN PLUS telecast.

Currently, three Tigers games are slated for FSN PLUS:

•April 11 at Baltimore, 7:00 PM

•April 13 at Toronto, 7:00 PM

•April 17 vs. Kansas City, 7:00 PM

More FSN PLUS telecasts will be added in April and May if Tigers games coincide with Red Wings and Pistons playoff dates.

Edit=spelling

Edited by Elshupacabra

every year its the same panic attack. "WHAT??!?! NO FSN Detroit".

FSN Detroit has the rights to broadcast local coverage (Ken and Mickey doing the game locally) for rounds 1 and 2.

The only time when FSN Detroit doesnt cover the games is when its on National TV, like game 2 is.

Also FOX2 in Detroit I think can broadcast one game on their channel each round. Someone might have to look that up for me. But they still use Ken and Mickey and the rest of the FSN Detroit crew.

Edited by timothy1997

If you go to Versus website, the Wings/Flames series is the only series which every game (even the *if necessary) games are showing picked up by a national network.

5 of the 7 games are scheduled to be on Versus. I wonder if Center Ice will be able to carry any of these games on Versus, if not, I would have to upgrade my package two levels with DirecTV to get Versus, grrrrrrr.

FSN PLUS? Is that available on Dish Network? And if so, what channel? Regular FSN is 430.

I'm glad we get Versus though. The only thing that sucks is the Sunday game. I have to work from 1-5. I'll miss the whole thing. :(

I live in Columbus and have Center Ice (DirecTV), so I'm stuck watching Versus. Man I miss Mickey and Ken!

I can't complain too much; at least I don't have to watch Rogers Sportsnet (unabashed Calgary homers). The last time the Wings played Calgary, I was stuck with this feed. By the end of the game, I wanted to strangle the announcers.

Luckily, CBC is picking up the Detroit vs. Calgary series for their 7 PM games and will broadcast every game. So, for those who don't live in Michigan or Toledo and can't get FSN Detroit, you can still get the games on CBC if you're close enough to Canada.

Edited by Wings_Toledo

Luckily, CBC is picking up the Detroit vs. Calgary series for their 7 PM games and will broadcast every game. So, for those who don't live in Michigan or Toledo and can't get FSN Detroit, you can still get the games on CBC if you're close enough to Canada.

If it's "Team 2" CBC announcers I'll probably tune in there! His name escapes me, but he did a lot of play-by-play for the NHL 05, NHL 06, EA series. Maybe used to be the Canucks regular guy? He rocks. Very dramatic.

If it's "Team 2" CBC announcers I'll probably tune in there! His name escapes me, but he did a lot of play-by-play for the NHL 05, NHL 06, EA series. Maybe used to be the Canucks regular guy? He rocks. Very dramatic.

Jim Hughson , very good announcer.

And yeah it'll probably be on CBC , with Ottawa/Pittsburgh as the early game and Detroit/Calgary as the later one

Man, I hate trying to get wings playoff coverage outside of Michigan. There really doesn't seem to be one catch-all solution. Looks like I'd have to get DirectTV's more expensive plan to get Versus...PLUS the FSN sports package....PLUS Center Ice to get the rest? :crazy:

Except maybe Free-to-Air sat? Is anyone doing that to pick up CBC?

Jim Hughson , very good announcer.

I have the hardest time watching his games because he does the play by play on my NHL 2006 for Playstation 2... I keep waiting for the color guy to make the same lame remarks throughout the game.