• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

Hartnell claims first victim

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I don't know if it was intentional but he got 5 and a game for kneeing Cheechoo.

Good news is Sharks have a 5 min PP and Hartnell is gone. Bad news is Cheechoo had to be helped off.

I bet if you checked Vegas odds the preds would be the favorite to injure the most opposing players.

We all know what we think of Hartnell and this knee is just another example of why we don't like him.

Still, the replay didn't look that bad, i mean it wasn't a Bryan Marchment knee, so I wonder if Hartnell's rep is starting to catch up to him, no?

I saw the replay on the Sens/Pens Massacre. WOW did that look intentional. I went to the Preds board to see what they were saying, and they were all calling BS.

Still, the replay didn't look that bad, i mean it wasn't a Bryan Marchment knee, so I wonder if Hartnell's rep is starting to catch up to him, no?

Possibly. Bryan Marchment once received a ten game suspension when Mike Modano attempted to sidestep a clean hit and ended up locking-and wrecking-his knee as an off-balance Marchment tumbled through him.

The guys on TSN were debating whether it was intentional or not, with most of them agreeing that Hartnell didn't mean to stick his knee out, though it was noted that he had his elbows way too high. Personally I think it's tough to call whether he meant to hurt Cheechoo or not, but a guy like Hartnell doesn't really deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Regardless of whether the intention was there, that's definitely a penalty.

Devastaing for sure... I will stick with my original assesment of not being intentional. I agree with L11 above... Cheechoo exposed his knee by dragging his leg to clip Hartnell. Upon watching the replays, that is still how I feel. Hopefully Cheech isn't to banged up.

It was a good two seconds after the puck was passed too... that's what struck me about it.

I saw this hit a little big ago, before I even heard about it on LGW, and it looked quite intentional to me. Not that it was nasty dirty, but anytime your knee comes out and you trip a guy knee on knee isn't good. I hope Cheechoo isn't going to miss too much time. I know Hartnell doesn't have a great track record so I am sure that doesn't help on my opinions as seeing that as a cheapshot.

Edited by Schneids_is_awesome

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Hartnell is such a *****. One of my favorite vidoes of all time is Fischer blasting Hartnell square in the face, making his head snap back like a rubberband.

I don't know if it was intentional but he got 5 and a game for kneeing Cheechoo.

It was. He saw him coming and made zero effort to move. It also looked like he leaned his knee into it. Furthermore, he seemed to walk off without pain, the true sign of it being intentional.

Disputing this is pointless, Hartnell is dirty player who's done this numerous times, he was also penalized for it and obviously Cheechoo got the worst of it, something the initiator of a knee on knee rarely suffers compared to the victem.

Though as much of a dirt bag Hartnell is he's now made this my favorite series outside of Detroits. Can't wait to see what happens next, hope Hartnell gets targetted though and not someone else.

Hartnell's a cheap little *****, just like TooToo. I can't stand how some people here wanted him in Detroit.

BTW, TooToo, once again, in a little scrum in front of San Jose's net just comes in swinging at everybody instead of squaring off face to face. Guerin had already matched up with someone and here comes TooToo late taking swings at him when he's already tied up with someone. Cheap little *****. He had a breakaway and couldn't get the goal, then he had a two-on-one and couldn't get the pass over. TooToo = Turd.

I feel better.

esteef

Edited by esteef

Someone needs to get some Darren McCarty-Claude Lemieux vengeance on his ass.

Apparently Fisch's one punch knockout didn't learn him.

I'm about as passionate as it gets about sports, but I don't agree with that comment at all. The Kamensky/Draper incidents are disgusting and should have no place in hockey. Wishing to see people get severly hurt is wrong.

Guest Tunbo Batman

I originally thought it was intentional by Hartnell, it looked like it on the ice level camera. but the overhead camera actually looks like Cheechoo dragged his leg a little to try and clip Hartnell.

yeah yeah of course. no way Hartnell would ever try to injure anybody.

at least NSH is in deep s*** now. and after they lose the next one, well.... :P