• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

Post-GAME 4: Flames 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Ok...I've cooled down a little bit.

Well...I called it in the GDT...its so common for one of our playoff games....Wings down by 1 in the 3rd throw a bunch of stuff at the net, get shut down by desperate defensive team and great goaltending. Whoever said that Kiprusoff has been average on beatable has impossibly high goaltending standards...if Kipper has been beatable, does that make Dom downright awful??

No blame for Hasek on the 5 on 3 goals, altho some of you may argue that Hasek losing his temper caused the 5 on3, and I won't argue. Whatever. Let's be realistic. We aren't going to score 4 goals on Kiprusoff more often than not. Period. Giving up 3 was a recipe for disaster. Hasek has to know this. I dont care about his saves at the end, and yes he's made good saves...Kiprusoff has made more. Giving up 3 is a receipe for a loss. Period. Dom better figure that out and play better, or this won't matter. Kiprusoff stops the Conroy goal, cuz his body is in position to deal with violent deflections. For Hasek to be the differencemaker we all know and want him to be...he has to make that save. If he makes those saves and only gives up point blank 5 on 3 goals, we'll be ok. Give up 3 from here on out...and I think we lose.

The puck pressure from the Flames has been ridiculously improved over the last 2 games...speed, sticks in the passing lanes and physicality has all improved on the PK. We stand around...pass it into the corner, get immediately pressured and either turnover the puck or throw it back to the point for an unscreened wrist-shot. Pathetic. Winning battles and moving people around is critical. To get space, you have to earn it on the PP. Win a physical battle, make a pass to someone who has shifted and is free, and get the PK'ers running around and wait for the cross ice pass into the slot. We haven't done it, and the Flames tenacity is eating us alive.

Honestly, I know that the PK has been bad, but our tenacity 5 on 4 hasn't been that bad...but 5 on 3 they get that time and space...and they capitalize. Now...I want someone to look at the 5 on 3 PKs that CGY had so many of in Games 1 and 2 compared to our PKs in Games 3 and 4...our PP goals are point blasts...perfect shots. Their PPG are point black shots right infront of Hasek with players left alone...well gee...why is that? lets fix it.

I love Franzen...Flip needs more TOI and even though Datsyuk and Zetterberg haven't done much recently they've competed...but Z just isn't there healthwise.

Lids...my hero...awful tonight...can't sugarcoat it.

lets hope tonight is going to be the low point of the playoffs...

Im pessimistic...but I still have some faith...

Edited by WingFanInStarLand

Calgary in 6. This team is done. They just don't want it.

Have we not even seen any of the multiple scuffles during this game? I even saw a ref. get punched accidently tonight.

They are NOT done. And they very much want IT.

I think it's unfair to paint the whole team with the attitude that a few players might have.

This is getting stupid. A lot of us are starting to sound like the Boston Red Sux fans before they won the world series.

It's not cool to kick your team when they've stumbled a bit. They're not even DOWN yet.

This thing is FAR from over.

It looks like the Bernie rally t-shirts are going out to the Wings in perfect timing. They should all wear it before Game 5. Seriously.

LETS GO WINGS!!!!!!

4 shoooooooo

i told you back in january that we wouldnt pass the first round :P

Contrary to what you've been hearing on here...there are still 2 games left, at least.

ALSO, I just want to point out that everyone who bashed Lang in the game GUARANTEED a loss....we were supposed to CHEER Lang to guarantee a win....BAD, BAD FANS

Edited by Offsides

Contrary to what you've been hearing on here...there are still 2 games left, at least.

ALSO, I just want to point out that everyone who bashed Lang in the game GUARANTEED a loss....we were supposed to CHEER Lang to guarantee a win....BAD, BAD FANS

I thought Lang played really well tonight.

Bertuzzi was freaking fantastic. He's starting to emerge! WATCH OUT!

Also, I am VERY upset that Calder barely saw the ice tonight. What the hell was that about. I know he hasn't produced due the line he was on, but now they change it up and he gets barely any ice time. He's a heck of a player, put him out there!

sorry, lang stinks and hudler should be on the ice instead. Babcock is also rising on my crap-o-meter... why would he put that careless, unmotivated player on the ice during key moments? anyone notice that cleary... CLEARY started taking face-offs because Lang STINKS?

Guest hockeygal

Kipper is in the Zone, like he was in the 04 Playoffs

Far better goalie than what we have.

Can you imagine if Hasek faced that many shots,, he would have a mental breakdown, which by his acting tonight, maybe it has already happend

Maybe put Os in for game 5, what could it hurt

Flames are going to win it anyway, the Momentum has shifted to the flames,( and all the pressure is on the wings right now, because of how they lose in the playoffs in the first or second rounds, and that has to be in the heads of those players right now). And the Flames also have the confidence and momentum now to get it done, and throw the road record out the window

The flames want it more, and it shows. especially in the goaltender. And in Blocked shots, the Flames PK and PP is awesome

Oh what could of been for this wings team

All I care about is the published 7pm start on Sunday!!! I can see it, so all is good.

Edited by OsGOD

Guest hockeygal

Also, I am VERY upset that Calder barely saw the ice tonight. What the hell was that about. I know he hasn't produced due the line he was on, but now they change it up and he gets barely any ice time. He's a heck of a player, put him out there!

I noticed Bert was OK in the first, and then totally invisible in the 2nd and 3rd. Not overly impressed with him. he was terrible in game 3. -1, and just sucked

I am disappointed in Zetterburg, he has yet to register a point in this series.

And Lidstrom, totally sucked in those 2 games in Calgary.

I think the Flames have figured the Wings out now. and thats not a good thiing

Ok...I've cooled down a little bit.

Well...I called it in the GDT...its so common for one of our playoff games....Wings down by 1 in the 3rd throw a bunch of stuff at the net, get shut down by desperate defensive team and great goaltending. Whoever said that Kiprusoff has been average on beatable has impossibly high goaltending standards...if Kipper has been beatable, does that make Dom downright awful??

No blame for Hasek on the 5 on 3 goals, altho some of you may argue that Hasek losing his temper caused the 5 on3, and I won't argue. Whatever. Let's be realistic. We aren't going to score 4 goals on Kiprusoff more often than not. Period. Giving up 3 was a recipe for disaster. Hasek has to know this. I dont care about his saves at the end, and yes he's made good saves...Kiprusoff has made more. Giving up 3 is a receipe for a loss. Period. Dom better figure that out and play better, or this won't matter. Kiprusoff stops the Conroy goal, cuz his body is in position to deal with violent deflections. For Hasek to be the differencemaker we all know and want him to be...he has to make that save. If he makes those saves and only gives up point blank 5 on 3 goals, we'll be ok. Give up 3 from here on out...and I think we lose.

The puck pressure from the Flames has been ridiculously improved over the last 2 games...speed, sticks in the passing lanes and physicality has all improved on the PK. We stand around...pass it into the corner, get immediately pressured and either turnover the puck or throw it back to the point for an unscreened wrist-shot. Pathetic. Winning battles and moving people around is critical. To get space, you have to earn it on the PP. Win a physical battle, make a pass to someone who has shifted and is free, and get the PK'ers running around and wait for the cross ice pass into the slot. We haven't done it, and the Flames tenacity is eating us alive.

Honestly, I know that the PK has been bad, but our tenacity 5 on 4 hasn't been that bad...but 5 on 3 they get that time and space...and they capitalize. Now...I want someone to look at the 5 on 3 PKs that CGY had so many of in Games 1 and 2 compared to our PKs in Games 3 and 4...our PP goals are point blasts...perfect shots. Their PPG are point black shots right infront of Hasek with players left alone...well gee...why is that? lets fix it.

I love Franzen...Flip needs more TOI and even though Datsyuk and Zetterberg haven't done much recently they've competed...but Z just isn't there healthwise.

Lids...my hero...awful tonight...can't sugarcoat it.

lets hope tonight is going to be the low point of the playoffs...

Im pessimistic...but I still have some faith...

I'm totally with you. We should have a lot of faith. The Wings don't suck.

With a few tweeks here and there, this series is over in 6 with the Wings on top.

We, the fans, just have to restrain ourselves from getting this "loser mentality" where we almost root for our team to lose. Leave that to Philadelphia's sports fans; that's kind of their thing. :lol:

How much did you guys pay the REFS?????? Everyone seen the horrible officiating and that seems to be the only thing everyone is talking about.

Oh suck it up princesses. The pp's were DEAD EVEN tonight....and how many 5-3 did you have in the first two games. Thought so. This was another tight game, another rockin' atmosphere at the Saddledome where I was in attendance and now it's back to your barn to see if you can re-assert your home dominance on the series. The officiating in the NHL is terrible. Get used to it. We didn't enjoy it in games 1 and 2 and felt it impacted the games....but we also recognized that we got outplayed and were beat by the better team on both nights. Now the shoe is on the other foot. We prefer it. You don't.

Bert was amazing. I love him...CRUNCH!

I was also upset about Calds. I'd really like to see Lang, Bert & Calds or Lang, Calds and Huds again. I agree that Calds could be doing much better.

People need to realize that one player doesn't make or break a game, so bashing Lang means absolute Jack. Putting in Huds is on my agenda so I have to mention it every time I can:

2 games with Huds = wins

2 games with no Huds = losses

and put up my agenda plus my circumstantial evidence (see above) to push my point. But would it have mattered if he was in? Probably not. Still, I would like the see him in.

Flames haven't won at the Joe yet...if they do..then it's time to panic...no need to prematurely panic.

http://thescore.ca/videos/index.asp?vidID=925&progID=41

thats a video link to a guy named gabriel morency on the channel the score , he picks games every day and is like 30 games above 500 ........he posted the video 9 days ago , he picked the wings to win in 6 ..........lets hope hes right !!! hahaha

go wings go !!!!!!! lets kick some serious ass on saturday !

on a sidenote he also took anaheim to win in 5 .........so he got that right lol

Edited by zetterbergfuturemvp

I just wonder. Should and does Babcock make any line-up changes after losing two straight?

Only if it involved benching the entire team and calling up the Griffs

Why are so many on here "hatin' " on our own team?

Are you guys (or girls) even fans of the Wings at all?

Maybe I'm just one of those people who stand by their team no matter how illogical it might seem at the time, but come on ....

Kipper is in the Zone, like he was in the 04 Playoffs

Far better goalie than what we have.

Can you imagine if Hasek faced that many shots,, he would have a mental breakdown, which by his acting tonight, maybe it has already happend

Maybe put Os in for game 5, what could it hurt

Flames are going to win it anyway, the Momentum has shifted to the flames,( and all the pressure is on the wings right now, because of how they lose in the playoffs in the first or second rounds, and that has to be in the heads of those players right now). And the Flames also have the confidence and momentum now to get it done, and throw the road record out the window

The flames want it more, and it shows. especially in the goaltender. And in Blocked shots, the Flames PK and PP is awesome

Oh what could of been for this wings team

Kipper is no where near he was in the '04 playoffs, sweetheart. He's actually BEATABLE now. Can I imagine if Hasek faced that many shots? Umm yes. And no he wouldn't have a mental breakdown. All goalies thrive off facing more shots. The more shots, the better you play. That's just how it goes 95% of the time. I love how all of a sudden the Flames are going to win it? Momentum don't mean crap right now. The game is heading back to Detroit. To say the Flames want it more is a lie. The Wings are playing their asses off. They have EVERYTHING going for them except their PP and PK. If they just get at least one of those to get going the series will be over just like that. You are very much underestimating the Wings and I think it's pretty funny. This is nowhere near the same Wings team from the past 4 years.

The officiating in the NHL is terrible. Get used to it. We didn't enjoy it in games 1 and 2 and felt it impacted the games....but we also recognized that we got outplayed and were beat by the better team on both nights. Now the shoe is on the other foot. We prefer it. You don't.

Touche'

Maybe I'm just one of those people who stand by their team no matter how illogical it might seem at the time, but come on ....

Because most on here are fair weather fans. Love 'em when they are winning, and all hell breaks loose, when they lose. Pathetic.

It's fine and dandy to critcize your team. For instance, saying we need more work on the PP and PK and that it HAS to get going, or that someone needs to step it up, but most on here are downright HORRIBLE after a loss.

TRUE fans stick by their team no matter what.

well im still kinda lost for words in a way i really think we deserved the game, and well ive calmed down alot.

I just think game 5 will be a different story being on home ice has really proven what this series has played down too. So i still say wings will win this series and if the series keep like it is. It will be in 7 games

I have found that supporting players only gets the A) threads deleted or 2) yourself banned. Bashing players is the way to keep the threads alive... The board kinda thrives off of that.

I have been called a Homer... with that label should I not Bash the team and risk being banned because of it? SO CONFUSED :P

Edited by OsGOD