• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

Post-GAME 4: Flames 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

I have found that supporting players only gets the A) threads deleted or 2) yourself banned. Bashing players is the way to keep the threads alive... The board kinda thrives off of that.

I have been called a Homer... with that label should I not Bash the team and risk being banned because of it? SO CONFUSED :P

Who got banned for supporting players? Perhaps I should know about this...

Bert was amazing. I love him...CRUNCH!

I was also upset about Calds. I'd really like to see Lang, Bert & Calds or Lang, Calds and Huds again. I agree that Calds could be doing much better.

People need to realize that one player doesn't make or break a game, so bashing Lang means absolute Jack. Putting in Huds is on my agenda so I have to mention it every time I can:

2 games with Huds = wins

2 games with no Huds = losses

and put up my agenda plus my circumstantial evidence (see above) to push my point. But would it have mattered if he was in? Probably not. Still, I would like the see him in.

Flames haven't won at the Joe yet...if they do..then it's time to panic...no need to prematurely panic.

so people NEED to realize that one player doesn't lose a game (Lang), but having another player, on your agenda, means a win? Regardless, I'd take Jiri over Bobby any day.

Why are so many on here "hatin' " on our own team?

Are you guys (or girls) even fans of the Wings at all?

Maybe I'm just one of those people who stand by their team no matter how illogical it might seem at the time, but come on ....

I get frustrated and express my opinions about the team, because that is what these forums are for. But some people take it way too far. I will never say they are finished, like some people who, are declaring the Wings done, even though the series is tied. I know that everything I say stems from frustration, not hating. Because I love the Wings, not matter what.

Who got banned for supporting players? Perhaps I should know about this...

maybe not banned but threatened to be banned. I have had the big arm of the law come after me on here for doing nothing more than supporting causes I felt were in direct support of the players. But that is in the past and I have found my nitch in the several long lived player bashing threads still around.

Edited by OsGOD

so people NEED to realize that one player doesn't lose a game (Lang), but having another player, on your agenda, means a win? Regardless, I'd take Jiri over Bobby any day.

Read my post more carefully. I completely stated that 1 player doesn't win or lose a series. Then I stated I was trying to push my agenda...then I mislead you with some stats to push my agenda...then I concluded that Huds probably wouldn't have helped. I basically just showed you step by step how to manipulate facts, but I wouldn't put in that last step in the future.

Ha ha. Jiri Hudler has never LOST a Cup yet. There's another stat for you. GO LITTLE JIRI!

Edited by Offsides

Read my post more carefully. I completely stated that 1 player doesn't win or lose a series. Then I stated I was trying to push my agenda...then I mislead you with some stats to push my agenda...then I concluded that Huds probably wouldn't have helped. I basically just showed you step by step how to manipulate facts, but I wouldn't put in that last step in the future.

Ha ha. Jiri Hudler has never LOST a Cup yet. There's another stat for you. GO LITTLE JIRI!

haha you so silly.... Off to bed g'night!

Im not gonna say I feel too good about the way we played tonight..and my confidence is somewhat wavering but I will not give up on this team. It makes me sick to see these people who claim to be WIng's fan's abandoning this team at 2-2 in this best of seven. They are the same people who will praise this team when we win this series and for them I offer this LINK. We need to get better quick and I think it will happen!!

Im not gonna say I feel too good about the way we played tonight..and my confidence is somewhat wavering but I will not give up on this team. It makes me sick to see these people who claim to be WIng's fan's abandoning this team at 2-2 in this best of seven. They are the same people who will praise this team when we win this series and for them I offer this LINK. We need to get better quick and I think it will happen!!

WORD. Right on.

Wow. Does he do that a lot or is this a first?

No, he always shows up for interviews. He's usually always great about that.

I think he was REALLY pissed.

lmao hes gotta be pissed :ph34r:

lol that's my guess! I hope he kinda takes it out the felllas!

And if Hasek's stupid, STUPID play was a penalty, why isn't Kiprusoff taking a swing at Holmstrom a penalty?

I agree the refs blew it on that one since Iginla should have gotten the initial elbowing penalty too but Dom deserved his penalty for the feigned baseball-bat headshot at Iginla behind the net in retaliation. I don't see why the refs didn't give Iginla the initial penalty as well. Perhaps this is the case of the boy who cried wolf. We've seen many vetran refs in the league (face it, most of these refs have been doing this job for 10+ years) finding it easy to call diving or something against Dom because they are used to seeing it. Like they are used to seeing Roloson pulling his temper antics and call him out on them as well (even if they are legitimate). We saw what happened when Hasek dived in that last regular season meeting between the two teams.

You guys are overreacting...just like Flames fans who were calling for the entire NHL squad be demoted to the AHL and swapped with our Omaha farm team for games 3-4. The Wings dominated with 33% more shots.

Edited by Hack&Lube

I agree the refs blew it on that one since Iginla should have gotten the initial elbowing penalty too but Dom deserved his penalty for the feigned baseball-bat headshot at Iginla behind the net in retaliation. I don't see why the refs didn't give Iginla the initial penalty as well. Perhaps this is the case of the boy who cried wolf. We've seen many vetran refs in the league (face it, most of these refs have been doing this job for 10+ years) finding it easy to call diving or something against Dom because they are used to seeing it. Like they are used to seeing Roloson pulling his temper antics and call him out on them as well (even if they are legitimate). We saw what happened when Hasek dived in that last regular season meeting between the two teams.

You guys are overreacting...just like Flames fans who were calling for the entire NHL squad be demoted to the AHL and swapped with our Omaha farm team for games 3-4. The Wings dominated with 33% more shots.

The commentators (as well as other boards) have said he got the penalty for diving, not for trying to wack Iginla.

Though I think Dom wanted to, but restrained himself at the last second. Really, he could've gotten a penalty for either and I think they just picked one. :rolleyes:

Dom should have really just taken Iggy's head off with his stick... At least then that way he would have gotten something out of it.

First all you arm chair coach think Mike Babcock is doing such an awful job should go down and try applying for his job. If not lets leave the job to the professionals. I don't see him coming in and knocking the burgers off the grill when your working. Second all you fair weather fans should start watching baseball or the Piston Playoff games. Third if you don't think there were bad calls made by the refs you really should seek professional help I think a we should just go drag people off the street to ref the games at least it wouldn't any worse. This team isn't done yet. They may be struggling with their special teams but they can get it done 5 on 5. If it wasn't for those 5 on 3's this series would all but be done. Lets stop worrying about the past and look more towards game 5 get behind our team and cheer them to VICTORY.

come on guys no need to panic. The series is tied now, and everyone already has us losing. What kind of fans do that?

The Flames fans didn't count out thier team when they were down 2 zip why should we do it when we are tied?

The wings didn't play the best last night but better than game 3. The refs I know you can't always blame them but the calls they made were just stupid. How can we win the game when were constantly getting 5-3's for Iginlia elbowing our goaltender in the head and Dom getting made about it? Dom did over play it alittle but still you can't elbow someone's goalie in the head.

Our guys need to kick it in gear and I think benching Huds was wrong. He was so pumped in the first two games, and excited to do something in the playoffs and they bench him. When Lang goes out and looks uninspired every night.

I'm pissed at Babcock for having Lang on the ice the last 30 seconds,

I thought Franzen had a great game, he was moving more than he ever does and trying to get something done. We need to stop trying to shoot from the point and get something going from the short side on Kip. He thinks hes the man right now we need to show him hes not. as a fellow goaltender, I am not impressed with his glove hand whatsoever. Thier are many other tenders in the league that have a far superior glove than he does.

anyways We got this still guys don't give up hope.

Need to support the team the way Calgary fans do at home, get our guys pumped up and playing strong again, We can win big on Saturday and come back on Sunday and beat them in thier own arena.

I still beliveve guys no need to hit the panic button just yet. Adversity is something we can deal with now, its only 2-2 We got this

As much as I didn't particularly care for the officiating, (even the Calgary Herald called the Lidstrom on Iginla penalty "phantom") the Wings got their fair share of calls too. It's a bit humbling to see the events play out, just how the Flames-Loyal predicted:

-Hasek gets people in his face = he gets rattled. check

-Datsyuk has less time & space = he gets quiet. check

-Special Teams battle clearly in the Flames favor check

On the flipside, plenty of things are going along just fine too.. so this is the glass half-full part:

-Bertuzzi is a force. You could start to see his effectiveness in the second half of Game 3.

-Zetterberg is clearly not healthy, but hopefully the more games he gets under his belt, the better he gets.

-Goaltending while not down 2 skaters has been great

-Physical play is a wash. I think both teams are equally as physical.

-The series is TIED.. although listening to the usually skeptical Detroit Media, you'd think the Wings were down 0-3.

And finally... this is perhaps the reason the Number One seed could mean something this year.. as Wings fans can see, the crowd @ the Saddledome is really a factor, and luckily, in this new "Best of 3" series, 2 of the games are at Joe Louis Arena!

**Great game by the Flames, kudos where they are due. Hope springs eternal though.., looking forward to an always pivotal Game 5 @ the Joe!!

this is so frustrating, I'm ready to go Bertuzzi on somebody. Why is Babcock so stubborn and insists on playing a forward at the point on the PP? Does he not realize its not effective? And why is Lidstrom's head up his ass?? AHHHHH so many questions, I still feel we will win the series but if we continue to play like this on the road we're gonna lose real quick next round. On the plus side, Bert looked great tonight, it was like the Bert we played in 2002. If he keeps this up, no team can stop him. Let's get this thing back on a track with a rout at home, that would be nice. I have a feeling fans at the Joe on Saturday are going to be very timid until the Wings get a lead of some sort. However, I do have to give some credit to the Flames, they've looked like the 1 seed over the past 2 games.

Whoever wins Game 5 wins the series.

Pretty shocking that it can be so close again when we’re up against the 8th seed.

This is the truth. End of story.

And if Hasek's stupid, STUPID play was a penalty, why isn't Kiprusoff taking a swing at Holmstrom a penalty?

Goalies get bumped all the time. It's about time Hasek woke up and realized that fact. Homer is one of the best in the business and he's constantly whacking Kipper with that big butt of his. Hasek was above the top of the crease and Iginla barely touched him and he reacted in an incredibly stupid manner.

Because the goalies get bumped, the refs give them a certain amount of leeway with the whack of the stick across the legs, which is what Kipper did to Homer. But, you can't reach out above the net and swing your stick in the vicinity of a player's head with a ref right there watching and get away with it. For starters, on a play like that, according to the rules you don't need to make contact for it to be a penalty. And most importantly, you don't embarrass the ref like that. Hasek gave him no choice but to make the call. If he had given Iginla a whack in the shins as he went by and hadn't flopped like a beached whale, he wouldn't have gotten a penalty. Hasek's an idiot.