• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

Post-GAME 4: Flames 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

They got over 35 shots, a lot of them dangerous. I admit they struggled on the PK and the Flames didn't give them much on the PP. You have to realize that the Flames have an excellent team (at least at home <_< ) and they have improved their game significantly since the Detroit games. Zberg was excellent, you couldn't ask more of Bert after his layoff. The young role players were dangerous. The only thing that didn't work is they didn't win. That was two very good teams out there and I was impressed with the Wings - something I rarely used to be.

Agree. Good game that Calgary just came out on top of.

What up calfan! :P

Cheers!

esteef

The reason this series is tied is because of special teams, pure and simple.

Blame the refereeing all you want, but the Red Wings are getting their opportunities with the extra man, too.

It's pathetic a team with this much talent stinks up the ice in such a key part of the game.

Exactly. I think the calls to put us down 5 on 3 were weak, but we had 6 OPPORTUNITIES OF OUR OWN. Thats disgraceful. Our PP is opperating at about 7% while the flames is about 27%.

Is anyone else as concerned about Lidstrom as I am?? The guy has been off with the passes, with his stick, with his shots, with his timing. Im most worried about that. :unsure:

This s*** is funny. If we don't win EVERYBODY sucked! Some of the calls were questionable yes, but they pretty much went both ways. I still think the Wings skated well and had a lot of chances. Kipper had a great game and they capitalized on their PPs, something we;ve had trouble with lately.

The series is only tied and at least we didn't lose AND get pushed around.

Hang in there folks!

esteef

Couldn't agree more.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Can't blame the refs??? How the hell can you say not to blame the refs? Those bulls*** calls cost us the game, just like they did last game. Yes, the PP and PK are awful, but if not for those bulls*** calls, the Wings would have won the damn game. Calgary blows more than Brian Engblom at 5 on 5 play, and only does their damage on the PP. Let's just hope the refs actually let the Wings play for game 5, and not hand it to Calgary again.

The only people who blame the refs for tonights loss are being friggin homers. The refs called every single s***ty little thing. It aint their fault that the Wings players committed more stupid, s***ty little fouls is it?

The only penalty I didn't like was the Datsyuk "hook". He whacked the guy with his stick for a split second. That I thought was a bit weak.

Its one thing if the refs are one-sidedly calling everything against your team and not the other. That wasn't the case tonight. If you want to call the refs s***ty because they called weak penalties and didn't let the boys play, then fine. But to say they called BS on the Wings and not the Flames just isn't true. They may have made weak calls, but they made them consistently all night and against both sides.

Refs can't help that our boys were lazier and dumber tonight than Calgary's.

Statistically, the team that goes up 2-0 in a series *no matter how games 3 & 4 go* end up winning the series around 90% of the time.

The Wings are a great team, and a tied series isn't going to change my mind. They are winning this.

I love your spirit, girl!

Now, excuse me while I go throw my Wings jersey on the ice. :lol:

j/k -- it is not over 'til it's over, and it's not over!

Go, Wings!!!!! :thumbup:

Agree. Good game that Calgary just came out on top of.

What up calfan! :P

Cheers!

esteef

I'm excellent - you? Pretty late for you if you're still on the east coast dude.

I'm looking forward to Saturday and I've got tickets for Sunday. Life is good. :cool:

This s*** is funny. If we don't win EVERYBODY sucked! Some of the calls were questionable yes, but they pretty much went both ways. I still think the Wings skated well and had a lot of chances. Kipper had a great game and they capitalized on their PPs, something we;ve had trouble with lately.

The series is only tied and at least we didn't lose AND get pushed around.

Hang in there folks!

esteef

:clap: everything I wanted to say without the typing

I have to cool off before I go to bed, my better half knows to leave me alone when the Wings get screwed like they did tonight, and the other night for that matter.

Good night all, and I'll be here for the torture that is game 5.

Whoever wins Game 5 wins the series.

Pretty shocking that it can be so close again when we’re up against the 8th seed.

It's becoming familiar. The good news is that in this series, the Wings didn't lose one of the first 2 home games, so we still have home ice after 4 games. That having been said, yeah...whoever wins Game 5 wins the series.

The Wing are NOT DONE yet.

Then again, Ive been fairly positive with the Wings down in the last two games and BOTH times, theyve let me down.

Heres a thought:

Hudler + Datsyuk + Bertuzzi + Lidstrom + Schneider on the PP

Filppula + Zetterberg + Homer + Schneider + Lebda on the PP

NO Lang, NO Sammy.

you wrote schneider's name twice .........how about clearly on the point in the 2nd unit rather then sammy ?? hes defensivly aware and has some offensive instincts though i dont think he's got a hard slap shot but lets not kid ourselves , neither does sammy LOL

I really think the Wings are just hitting a rough patch. DOES ANYBODY REMEMBER HOW THINGS WERENT GOING OUR WAY IN THE VANCOUVER SERIES??? Sure, we lost the first two that time, but we can still come back from this. We have before and weve proved we have the leadership, grit, and heart to do it this time around.

Honestly, Hasek will buck up after that, Datsyuk and Zetterberg will tak some responsibility for themselves as will Lidstrom, and well be on home ice in a situation of desperation. We can do this. If Sammy gets benched itll only be more of a boost.

The reason this series is tied is because of special teams, pure and simple.

Blame the refereeing all you want, but the Red Wings are getting their opportunities with the extra man, too.

It's pathetic a team with this much talent stinks up the ice in such a key part of the game.

That's really all that needs to be said.

9 power play chances the past two games. Score on just one of those chances and we're more than likely looking at a 3-1 lead in the series. Score on two out of nine chances, as you should expect to do, and the Flames might be on the golf course.

Power play sucks. Plain and simple. Sammy has got to be removed from that unit pronto, I think having him on the point trying to run the power play is a disaster.

can someone please tell me how the wings from game 1 and 2 are the same wings from game 3 and 4? Could have fooled me.

i think the flames picked their game up more than the wings lowered theirs. once the flames started forechecking hard the wings fell apart. the flames were conservative the first two games and didn't forecheck hard. these last two games we can't get into the zone and calgary has us on our heels. it's painful to watch. i'm not feeling very confident. it's a little too reminiscent of edmonton last year and clagary the season before and the ducks before them. AHHHHH!!!!!!!! and what the hell is lidstrom's problem??? he's been bad the the last two games.

Alrighty. I think everyone needs to take deep breath. I know it seems hopeless now. But this series is far from over. The Wings won two in a row before, they can do it again. They are a good team, despite what we have all witnessed lately. I think they are all going to be pissed off and wanting to put on a good show for the fans at the Joe. Just my two cents.

im really hoping home ice and the fans light the fire under the wings asses again and we seen another ass beating on the flames.

Say if we win game 5 and end up dropping game 6 in calgary.

i like the chances in game 7 very much but if goes to OT i feel my ulcers building back up

I'm excellent - you? Pretty late for you if you're still on the east coast dude.

I'm looking forward to Saturday and I've got tickets for Sunday. Life is good. :cool:

I'm in the West, SoCal, with my two brats that are driving me crazy!!!!

JK, they're great.

See ya around man!

esteef

Guest GordieSid&Ted

can someone please tell me how the wings from game 1 and 2 are the same wings from game 3 and 4? Could have fooled me.

I think it was more the Flames from games 1 and 2 probably fooled you. They are way tougher than how they played at the Joe and they lulled alot of people on this board into thinking we'd roll right over them.

You know what they say about counting your chickens.

you wrote schneider's name twice .........how about clearly on the point in the 2nd unit rather then sammy ?? hes defensivly aware and has some offensive instincts though i dont think he's got a hard slap shot but lets not kid ourselves , neither does sammy LOL

I wrote Schneiders name twice on purpose. He has a bullet of a shot, knows how to pick his spots, is a good passer with decent speed and knows hot to keep the puck in. John Tortorella plays St. Louis and Lecavalier for over 25 minutes a game. You cant tell me when your PP isnt clicking that you cant have your 1st/2nd best Dman out there for a full two minutes up a man.

The Wing are NOT DONE yet.

Then again, Ive been fairly positive with the Wings down in the last two games and BOTH times, theyve let me down.

Heres a thought:

Hudler + Datsyuk + Bertuzzi + Lidstrom + Schneider on the PP

Filppula + Zetterberg + Homer + Schneider + Lebda on the PP

NO Lang, NO Sammy.

Schneider couldn't play on BOTH PP units at the same time. That is why we see Samuelsson on point. There's no one else on the Wings who could play point on the second PP unit. Chelios is too slow to recover if the puck bounces past him, Lilja is too prone to cough the puck up, and Kronwall is out. Markov and Lebda are passable, but not good, on PP.

Who else is left?

I really think the Wings are just hitting a rough patch. DOES ANYBODY REMEMBER HOW THINGS WERENT GOING OUR WAY IN THE VANCOUVER SERIES??? Sure, we lost the first two that time, but we can still come back from this. We have before and weve proved we have the leadership, grit, and heart to do it this time around.

Honestly, Hasek will buck up after that, Datsyuk and Zetterberg will tak some responsibility for themselves as will Lidstrom, and well be on home ice in a situation of desperation. We can do this. If Sammy gets benched itll only be more of a boost.

we also need calder to step it up , he's been invincible .......if he keeps playing like this i wouldnt want him back next year last thing we need is to keep signing guys who dissapear in the playoffs ........its too bad we didnt get roberts like i was hopeing for , i know most of you will be like omg not another 40 yr old but hes still in great shape and hes a playoff player, he still played awesome in the pens vs sens series

Schneider couldn't play on BOTH PP units at the same time. That is why we see Samuelsson on point. There's no one else on the Wings who could play point on the second PP unit. Chelios is too slow to recover if the puck bounces past him, Lilja is too prone to cough the puck up, and Kronwall is out. Markov and Lebda are passable, but not good, on PP.

Who else is left?

i'd put lebda on the pp before samuelsson. samuelsson's horrid.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Who else is left?

Screw it, at this point it ain't working. It didn't work well with Williams and it sure as heck ain't working with Sammy.

IMO, put Lebda out there. At least his wheels help him recover and honestly, Lebs has about as much offensive instinct as Sammy does. If Lebda were a forward I think he'd outproduce Sammy in his sleep. I say Lebda takes his spot from now on.

The other difference in the series is the Flames no longer look like they're skating in sand. They've been much faster which has allowed them to get in and pressure the Wings befoe they can make their tape to tape passes. I really thought Iginla had a lot of jump today. And the Flames are also being harder on Datsuyk, lessening his effectiveness. The young F's on the Wings need more ice time IMO