• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BertuzziTheNewWing

Should We Keep Bertuzzi?

Rate this topic

Of course you can tell by my name that I am a big fan of Bertuzzi ever since the wings got him. But the Wings are known for getting big name players and getting rid of them not to long after they aquire them. Derian Hatcher is a prime example. So what do you think will happen to him after this year?

Of course I am all for finishing his career in Detroit :thumbup:

I'd rather get someone else that can take his place that would possibly drop the gloves more. We also have to give up a 2nd to keep him, you guys remember?

I'd rather get someone else that can take his place that would possibly drop the gloves more. We also have to give up a 2nd to keep him, you guys remember?

it's not a deep draft and we still have a our 1st pick, i say he stays, you say he goes,...will see how it pans out i guess. If he signs for a discount it's a no brainer

it's not a deep draft and we still have a our 1st pick, i say he stays, you say he goes,...will see how it pans out i guess. If he signs for a discount it's a no brainer

I was reading on Yahoo! that rumor was that Phoenix might be looking to sign Bertuzzi, but considering his play so far has no doubtly earned him a space on the wings, Lang and a couple of others will be gone (clearing up 5+ million in space), the pressure Florida will put on him to sign (getting them a draft pick), I do not think the Coyotes will be able to sign him. I guess Forsberg might be a candidate for them, but I believe Bert will be back next year as a Wing

People say it's not a deep draft because there's no superstars in it. We have done pretty well with 2nd rounders and the more the better, especially if we lose more picks for Bert's involvment in the playoffs. There's nothing that special about Bert that some other power forward could do, possibly even better.

I was reading on Yahoo! that rumor was that Phoenix might be looking to sign Bertuzzi, but considering his play so far has no doubtly earned him a space on the wings, Lang and a couple of others will be gone (clearing up 5+ million in space), the pressure Florida will put on him to sign (getting them a draft pick), I do not think the Coyotes will be able to sign him. I guess Forsberg might be a candidate for them, but I believe Bert will be back next year as a Wing

NO WAY!

THE GREAT ONE said he won't be hiring anyone over 30 during an interview on NHL.com, so believe who you wanna believe.

As for Lang, I think he is a great dude(i remmember 2004 playoffs when he helped Stevie off the ice) but he is lacking the points he used to score, I say we dump him

As for Bertuzzi, I say we keep him, after all, Draft picks usually take time to become NHLers, Bert is already a star player.

LETS GO RED WINGS

Bertuzzi has been good and I think he's on his way to becoming a fan favorite. He's kept his cool under pressure and the fans love the physical presence he brings. It was great seeing him out there today. Whenever a Flames player was talking s*** he would skate by and just brush up against them so they knew he was there. That's something the Wings have been missing.

NO WAY!

THE GREAT ONE said he won't be hiring anyone over 30 during an interview on NHL.com, so believe who you wanna believe.

As for Lang, I think he is a great dude(i remmember 2004 playoffs when he helped Stevie off the ice) but he is lacking the points he used to score, I say we dump him

As for Bertuzzi, I say we keep him, after all, Draft picks usually take time to become NHLers, Bert is already a star player.

LETS GO RED WINGS

Yeah, but there are plenty of power forwards just like Bert that we can sign this season and keep the draft pick.

One star power forward - check

One potential NHLer - check

or

One star power forward

Yeah, but there are plenty of power forwards just like Bert that we can sign this season and keep the draft pick.

There aren't plenty of power forwards in the NHL, let alone plenty of ones we can sign.

Definitly. I love Bertuzzi now that he plays for the Wings. He is just the type of player that the Wings have needed for so long. He really played great in Game 4, and didn't let all the booing get to him and effect his game.

I think Calder's doing fine, but Lang is a prime example of the old, experienced players comming to Motown, and effing up their careers. Of course, you look at Chelios who is doing fine still. But that's off topic.

Should Bert remain a Wing? For a lesser price, yes. If he doesn't step it up, then he's not worth the money he's making.

Hes a good team guy , He would sign for around what Lang is making now , which for bertuzzi is a bargain as Lang is most likely leaving. We should re-sign Calder and Bertuzi , Pick up a younger Center to Center the 2nd line and were golden.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Of course you can tell by my name that I am a big fan of Bertuzzi ever since the wings got him. But the Wings are known for getting big name players and getting rid of them not to long after they aquire them. Derian Hatcher is a prime example. So what do you think will happen to him after this year?

Of course I am all for finishing his career in Detroit :thumbup:

Major deadline acquisitions (by Holland) that didn't come back to Detroit the next year:

Dmitri Mironov, 1998 (retired 2001)

Wendel Clark, 1999 (retired 2000)

Ulf Samuelsson, 1999 (retired 2000)

Bill Ranford, 1999 (retired 2000)

Major deadline acquisitions (by Holland) that stuck around at least until the next season:

Chris Chelios, 1999

Mathieu Schneider, 2003

Robert Lang, 2004

Dmitri Mironov is the only notable player Holland has acquired at the deadline that did not return who played more than one season after leaving. Mironov was the 5th defenseman on the depth chart as a Wing--behind Anders Eriksson.

So of the seven notable players Holland has picked up at the deadline, three are still Wings and have played a combined twelve full seasons with Detroit, compared to the total six post-Wings seasons played by deadline acquistions who did not return. The trend seems to point to Bertuzzi and Calder being resigned.

How would we sign those players, if they retired the year after we acquired them?

I guess I'm kind of indifferent to Bert, but I'd like more players like him on our roster obviously. I would really like to see Bell on the wings. He's having a bad year in SJ and I'm sure would be cheap.