• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hiei

Welcome to LGW, San Jose Sharks fans

Rate this topic

Thanks for the welcome!

It's so nice to play a real hockey team (read: no cheap shot artists) and interact with real hockey fans. Seriously, I have no idea how you deal with those idiots 8 times per season.

Best of luck to the Wings. I hope this will be an entertaining series...with the Sharks being victorious, of course!

I am just glad that other teams realize how annoying the Preds fans are. *sighs*

ah well..

WELCOME!!! But I can't wish you Good Luck :P

I am just glad that other teams realize how annoying the Preds fans are. *sighs*

ah well..

WELCOME!!! But I can't wish you Good Luck :P

Oh trust us, after 2 straight years sending those Predaturds home with their tail between their legs, we know EXACTLY what kind of fans they have. We also know what kind of message board they have...

Oh trust us, after 2 straight years sending those Predaturds home with their tail between their legs, we know EXACTLY what kind of fans they have. We also know what kind of message board they have...

hahaha props man, we love seeing those suckers go down again and again not winning a playoff series yet :thumbup:

Nabby has already stood on his head during several periods of the Nashville series to save two games for the Sharks. Believe me, I haven't seen Nabby play this good for several years.

Unfortunately for the Wings, I think they are going to run into a buzz saw.

Sharks in 6.

gg

No offense dude, but Kipper has played a lot better than Nabby during the playoffs. Even though Kipper stood on his head we threw enough shots at him that even with his .929 SV% we still won the series.

We beat Nashville like a red-headed stepchild all year so I would hope that you guys beat them bad. They can't roll 4 lines like we can, so Nabby will be seeing a lot more shots this series.

That being said, I certainly think he is capable of stealing a game or two, but he's gonna have to play better than he has been if that's going to happen.

What if you moved the Red Wings to Iowa or Nebraska even Wyoming?

No. Michigan is bad enough. Why would you wish one of those other crappy states on us?

Glad to see reasonable opposing fans here, welcome!

A lot of the 'expert' picks are for us to go down to the Sharks......we get to play underdog even with the top seed apparently. I think it will be a great series.....skill, style, poise.....REAL hockey. I look forward to the Wings squeeking it out in 7. Just be sure that the games in Cali stop at the end of regulation....staying up until 1 on a work night just kills me!

You can't join the Sharks board,as they have turned off registration,what a joke!

Come check out The Feeder. www.thefeeder.com

It is has become the unofficial fansite for Shark's fans outside the official website. Registrations are required, but are not at all closed.

:)

Thanks for the welcome.

Glad to be here. This should be fun. I don't know if I can comply with rule 3 though....

It is has become the unofficial fansite for Shark's fans outside the official website. Registrations are required, but are not at all closed.

Don't forget Chompboard. www.chompboard.com

It's a great place.

Sorry Wings fans but this is the Sharks year and no one is stopping us from winning the Stanley cup this year.

Sharks in 6. The Red Wings are a soft hockey team, there not physical or skilled enough to beat San Jose in a 7 game series.

Edited by Hopper15

I can semi-understand thinking we are soft, but to say the Wings aren't skilled enough? That's just flatout funny.

We'll see in short order, won't we?

Well One thing I know we'll see is the Sharks take Home Ice advantage when they take game 1.

Yes the Sharks are the more skilled team. They can roll 4 lines consistently and get production from each line, can you say the same for your Wings?

Well One thing I know we'll see is the Sharks take Home Ice advantage when they take game 1.

Yes the Sharks are the more skilled team. They can roll 4 lines consistently and get production from each line, can you say the same for your Wings?

Can the Wings roll 4 lines consistently.

Detroit's lines so far...

1st - Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Holmstrom - 5 goals

2nd - Lang/Franzen/Bertuzzi - 4 goals

3rd - Draper/Cleary/Maltby - 3 goals

4th - Filpulla/Samuelsson/Hudler/Calder - 2 goals (4 goals if you recall that Franzen played with Flipper the first two games against Calgary)

Plus our defensemen had 4 goals (Lidstrom 2, Schneider 1, Chelios 1)

I'd say yes. Thank you for playing. ;):P

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Thanks,I joined but can't reply to any post yet! I just now replyed to the email asking who your captain was! Any idea how long it takes after that?

Thanks,I joined but can't reply to any post yet! I just now replyed to the email asking who your captain was! Any idea how long it takes after that?

It only took a few mins for me last night...

Yes, Hopper, they can.

Both teams get production from their 3rd and 4th lines. Both teams get quality ice time from all 4 lines.

IMO, the team that gains the edge from lines 3 and 4 will probably move on. I don't see the goalie matchup as nearly as important as some do. Both teams have demonstarted an ability to score against the other's goalie. The team that controls play will generate the greater number of scoring chances (as opposed to shots on goal). Both teams have the defense necessary to protect a lead.

Sorry Wings fans but this is the Sharks year and no one is stopping us from winning the Stanley cup this year.

Sharks in 6. The Red Wings are a soft hockey team, there not physical or skilled enough to beat San Jose in a 7 game series.

the people who are still calling the wings soft obviously didnt watch the calgary series. I'm loving how these guys over there on sj forums seem to think this is going to be a blowout. I cant wait for game 3 to see how the attitude changes after they're down 2-0. Calgary had the same cockiness.... word

the people who are still calling the wings soft obviously didnt watch the calgary series. I'm loving how these guys over there on sj forums seem to think this is going to be a blowout. I cant wait for game 3 to see how the attitude changes after they're down 2-0. Calgary had the same cockiness.... word

Thankfully one Shark fan (meaning you :lol:) seems to understand at the very least that we're not the soft shy away from hits team. Some other Shark fans who have joined this forum share the "we will destroy them view" as well.

Don't get me wrong, we're still not going to run people out of the arena, but as you stated, the Calgary series showed that the Wings will probably not cower under physical pressure, and can even dish it out with some consistency. I think we even outhit Calgary that series.

Beware of stubborness or cockiness from fans of either team. If this series doesn't go at least 6 games, I will be very surprised.

I couldn't accurately or confidently tell you who's going to win this series. Both teams just seem so evenly matched for the most part.

SWF...i dont think hes a shark fan....or you quoted the wrong guy, which is what im assuming now thats ive noticed

Edited by Viperar