• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Canadian_Yzerman_Fan

Schneider: OUT with Broken Wrist

Rate this topic

From Bruce MacLeod.

"Holland said after the game that Lebda will be ready to play Game 6."

----------------------------

I'm not sure I like that bit of news. I'm worried about putting a guy whose game is based entirely on his mobility out there on a bum ankle.

Guest Crymson

f***....gonna need him if we advance

Give me a break with this talk. What's with writing off the Wings?

true, it IS a huge loss, but with how well Quincy has played (except for those two mistakes today in the third) I think we're deeper on D than we think. I have one major worry, and that is how often Chelios is getting checked. 4 of our top 6 D-men out would be disastrous.

I don't think anyone is writing off the Wings.

But this is...realistically speaking...a very big loss. (which is exacerbated by the fact that we already have an ailing D)

Who's writing off the Wings? I think what gowingsgo meant is that, should we advance, Schneider will be sorely missed. Not to the point where we won't be able to compete, but like Offsides said, the void is going to show, and it's going to hurt.

This is a big loss to the Wings blueline, but considering we beat San Jose without Schneider for most of the game today (and only 5 d-men), I think there's a lot of things to still be positive about.

agreed. While schneids is def a huge impact player, and one of my personal favs, I think there are def positives to look forward to. Most likely if meech or any of the other D-men being called up play like quincey has for us, I think it would be perfect.

As mentioned before, the new guys will be playing with veteran players, so will learn a good amount as well. As for our PP, I know it doesnt compare to schneids, but put Chelios on the PP. He has been dying for it, and his shot hasnt been so bad lately :rolleyes:

I posted this in another thread, and I'm not even sure about it myself but; does anyone else think it might be a good idea to play 7 defenseman? What if Lebda plays and he doesn't play up to par because of his injury it would help, or what if Markov or some one else gets hurt and we are stuck with playing Meech and Quincey big minutes?

Only dressing 11 forwards doesn't hurt us as much as only having 5 really capable defenseman, ecspecially against a team like San Jose.

This is a big loss to the Wings blueline, but considering we beat San Jose without Schneider for most of the game today (and only 5 d-men), I think there's a lot of things to still be positive about.

Agreed with you, and Offsides.

I posted this in another thread, and I'm not even sure about it myself but; does anyone else think it might be a good idea to play 7 defenseman? What if Lebda plays and he doesn't play up to par because of his injury it would help, or what if Markov or some one else gets hurt and we are stuck with playing Meech and Quincey big minutes?

Only dressing 11 forwards doesn't hurt us as much as only having 5 really capable defenseman, ecspecially against a team like San Jose.

I actually think that's a pretty good idea. But who would we sit?

:( This is absolutely horrible. Not to look ahead, but we will need to get really lucky to win a cup without him. He is a huge part of QBing the PP, driving thru the neutral zone and on the penalty kill.

I hope Kronwall can start to skate in the next 2 weeks. :blink:

question about the injury...ive never played hockey really so wouldnt know...is a broken wrist really that much worse than a broken hand to where sammy or calder can play, but schneids cant play with a broken wrist?

Agreed with you, and Offsides.

I actually think that's a pretty good idea. But who would we sit?

If Mike decides he isn't going to put him on the point, we have no reason play Sammy, although he has been playign hard. However, based on how much he has been playign I'd say Mike's choice would be Kyle.

Well if Lebda isn't ready to go for game 6 then the real question should be: Do you trust Meech, a guy that hasn't played much with the team and is more or less as good as Quincey or do you convert a forward into a d-man ala Federov?

I would be in favor of maybe putting Maltby on defense since he is an awesome penalty killer but then again we would be sacrificing his offensive zone play. The better bet would be Meech.

Im sure San Jose would be more than happy to let us borrow Mark Bell to use on defense

question about the injury...ive never played hockey really so wouldnt know...is a broken wrist really that much worse than a broken hand to where sammy or calder can play, but schneids cant play with a broken wrist?

Think about the mechanics of your wrist and the game. Every time you recieve a pass, and pass, shoot as well as grip your stick your wrist is rotated, flexed and extended. Most of the bones in the wrist articulate at 4 corners like Pennsylvania does with NY, Maryland, WV and Ohio. Any motion adjacent will transfer force into the wrist. Depending upon what is fractured, there is no way he'll play for months :( .

Think about the mechanics of your wrist and the game. Every time you recieve a pass, and pass, shoot as well as grip your stick your wrist is rotated, flexed and extended. Most of the bones in the wrist articulate at 4 corners like Pennsylvania does with NY, Maryland, WV and Ohio. Any motion adjacent will transfer force into the wrist. Depending upon what is fractured, there is no way he'll play for months :( .

yup true, sad but informative, thank you :(:(

Report card ratings from Griffinscentral.com on Derek and Jonathan

Derek Meech "A"

Had a very impressive first half, but after his NHL recall, turned on the offensive component to his game. The rock solid defender should earn consideration from the wings next season in at least a part time basis.

Jonathan Ericsson "C"

Ericsson hit the wall mid-January and has not been the same player since. It is very common among players used to the shorter seasons in Europe and college hockey, to burn out in the second half before adjusting to the longer schedule. In addition to his size and skating ability, Jonathan also has a cannon of a shot with a quick release, and soft hands, which would be a primary scoring threat on the powerplay if he used them more consistently.

After watching them play all year Jonathan did step it up at the end of the season and did extremely well on the PP and was surprisingly good on shootouts, not that shootouts matter now.

Report card ratings from Griffinscentral.com on Derek and Jonathan

Derek Meech "A"

Had a very impressive first half, but after his NHL recall, turned on the offensive component to his game. The rock solid defender should earn consideration from the wings next season in at least a part time basis.

Jonathan Ericsson "C"

Ericsson hit the wall mid-January and has not been the same player since. It is very common among players used to the shorter seasons in Europe and college hockey, to burn out in the second half before adjusting to the longer schedule. In addition to his size and skating ability, Jonathan also has a cannon of a shot with a quick release, and soft hands, which would be a primary scoring threat on the powerplay if he used them more consistently.

After watching them play all year Jonathan did step it up at the end of the season and did extremely well on the PP and was surprisingly good on shootouts, not that shootouts matter now.

Thanks for posting this!

I don't know guys..

I have this funny feeling that if GOD WILLING the Wings make it to the Cup that Schneids would be back. We really won't know how bad it is until he see's a doctor.

He might be able to get out there, but he won't be taking any slappers. I joke about High and Wide, but Schneider without his slapper...

It's the same thing with Lebda and his ankle injury. It takes away his greatest asset.

If the injuries were flipped I might see them coming back ahead of schedule, but not the way it actually happened.

I'm not sure I like that bit of news. I'm worried about putting a guy whose game is based entirely on his mobility out there on a bum ankle.

Exactly. I'd feel better with Meech getting the odd shift out there than having Lebda out there coming off an injury like that... Plus, I'd rather have a guy out there that's played recently...

If Lebda's out there I just have a bad feeling that Thornton's line will wreak absolute havoc on his pairing.