• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Conn Smythe race for final four..

Rate this topic

MVP debate

Pretty much right on with who they chose for the Wings. I really think Lids has it in the bag, if the Wings go on to win the Cup. Hank is only going to get better though and he's coming around so that will be something interesting to see as the Wings go deeper. Same goes for Dom. Definitely the best player against the Sharks. I'm sure if he were to play the same from here on out, which he most likely will then he'll have much consideration for it.

Thoughts?

MVP debate

Pretty much right on with who they chose for the Wings. I really think Lids has it in the bag, if the Wings go on to win the Cup. Hank is only going to get better though and he's coming around so that will be something interesting to see as the Wings go deeper. Same goes for Dom. Definitely the best player against the Sharks. I'm sure if he were to play the same from here on out, which he most likely will then he'll have much consideration for it.

Thoughts?

Dom, no way. He has been too inconsistent. Hank, I'd buy that, and of course who would argue with Nick?

But I would also throw Cleary's name in the mix. He cooled down a bit in the last 2 games of the San Jose series. But he has been huge. Making big plays, scoring big goals. If the Wings win the cup, and Cleary plays like he has for the most part in these playoffs, I think he has got to get some serious consideration.

Lidstrom. He's quietly shut down the two big scoring threats from the last two series.. He held Thornton to 0 points and Iginla to 4, no small task.

i would recheck that thornton stat. 11 points in 11 games, in the 6 games vs detroit he had 4 assists and a goal for 5 points. he did, however, have 0 points in games 5 and 6.

as far as conn smythe. Theres a few ways of looking at it. Lang doesnt score his 2 goal, the wings arent where they are. nick doesnt make that save on the wrap around, we arent talking ducks today. datsyuk has been great. dom is inconsistent, but he made every save he had to make except the one vs. iginla. thats not even mentioning lilja or clearly or cheli! the guys that have played shutdown defense to perfection. they are playing like a team and i think its too hard at this juncture to say that one particular player has far and away proven to be the most valuable.

now i like hank just as much as the next guy. But doesnt it seem like his name is the one that should not be on there.

hes got 8 points and is a +2 currently. But if we must pick a forward from the wings to be on that list. It definitly shouldnt be him. I would put cleary and datsyuk on that list long before hank.

But that whole article is worthless for two reasons. Its the 3rd round, still lots of hockey to be played. And also....it was written by ESPN, and ESPN and hockey do not go together anymore.

now i like hank just as much as the next guy. But doesnt it seem like his name is the one that should not be on there.

hes got 8 points and is a +2 currently. But if we must pick a forward from the wings to be on that list. It definitly shouldnt be him. I would put cleary and datsyuk on that list long before hank.

But that whole article is worthless for two reasons. Its the 3rd round, still lots of hockey to be played. And also....it was written by ESPN, and ESPN and hockey do not go together anymore.

No kidding, not sure why Hank's name is being uttered in the same sentence as Conn Smythe.

The four teams left:

Detroit - Lidström or Hasek. It really depends on Hasek stopping his bonehead plays...

Anaheim - Giggy prolly...Maybe Prongs or Nieds but not very likely...

Ottawa - Alfy...no questions there...(Emery, Heatley and Spezza are worth mentioning but Alfy has really been unstoppable so far...)

Buffalo - Probably the most difficult...Miller, Briere or Drury...Prolly not Briere though...

The 2nd two rounds will be more crucial than the first two.

But Dats deserves the nod over Hank imo.

Not that it matters, because Robert Lang has it in the bag.

Dom, no way. He has been too inconsistent.

Some would indeed suggest that Dom let in a couple softies against San Jose, but the fact is, he hasn't allowed more than 2 goals in a game since Game 4 of our series against Calgary. That's what I call consistency. The Wings have a chance to win every night if Hasek can keep that streak up.

If I had to choose right now, I'd probably go with Lidstrom. With Detroit blueliners dropping like flies, he's held the fort quite well, IMO.

playing 1/2 the game and saving the entire team's butt every time the opposition is coming down the ice, its lidstrom.

Not to mention he should get it just on the merits of saving that goal, Hasek, and the season in game 6 a couple nights ago.

Lidstrom. He's quietly shut down the two big scoring threats from the last two series.. He held Thornton to 0 points and Iginla to 4, no small task.

Thornton had 5 points in the Detroit series

Dom has been iffy at times, but remember so has Lidstrom. I'm just going to watch the next two rounds to see what goes down.

Lidstrom, over all, has been the most consistantly best player.

Not to mention he should get it just on the merits of saving that goal, Hasek, and the season in game 6 a couple nights ago.

I love Nick, and I'd have no problem giving him the award. But I think this is overstating things a bit. For one thing, I'm still not convinced that puck was going in the net. I've seen a lot of replays, and it looks like it was going through the goal mouth and out the other side. Not that it takes away from what Nick did in anyway. It was a phenomenal play, and it ensured that the puck would have stayed out. But saved the season? The Wings were up 3-2 in the series and 1-0 in the game. It may have been a pivotal play, but I don't know about saving the season.

I love Nick, and I'd have no problem giving him the award. But I think this is overstating things a bit. For one thing, I'm still not convinced that puck was going in the net. I've seen a lot of replays, and it looks like it was going through the goal mouth and out the other side. Not that it takes away from what Nick did in anyway. It was a phenomenal play, and it ensured that the puck would have stayed out. But saved the season? The Wings were up 3-2 in the series and 1-0 in the game. It may have been a pivotal play, but I don't know about saving the season.

I am convinced that the puck was going in, which means its a new game 1-1. That could very easily have been the turning point in the series. We have all seen soft goals change the way the series is going, and Hasek would have been the goat. In the end we both agree for whatever reason Lidstrom is the ONLY choice for Con Smythe

I am convinced that the puck was going in, which means its a new game 1-1. That could very easily have been the turning point in the series. We have all seen soft goals change the way the series is going, and Hasek would have been the goat. In the end we both agree for whatever reason Lidstrom is the ONLY choice for Con Smythe

The Lang goal was the turning point in the series. And we don't agree Lidstrom's the only choice. Lids or Hasek, it's a toss up for me.