• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

WCF Post-GAME 3 (5/15): Red Wings 5, Ducks 0

Rate this topic

Argg! I am so pissed off, last night at 7 that storm knocked power out to our entire small town, and didnt come on until 4am!! I missed an awesome game so said my husband who watched it while working.

I wish all games were this stress-less for me. I like cushioned leads.

A lot.

Anyway, we really showed up to play tonight. If we can steal a second game in Anaheim - I will do cartwheels down my street while juggling flaming torches.

Also, seeing John Cusack rooting for the Ducks (I assume) makes me sad.

You assume incorrectly. Cusack is a Wing fan by proxy (he's close friends with Chelios).

bringing the same intensity in game 4 sure helps our chances of walking out of anaheim up 3-1.

i would be personally ill if pronger didn't receive some form of punishment.

i know there's already a different thread for this so i'll leave it at that.

here's to the guys bringing more of the same on thursday.

Man that game made me happy! I forgot all about the $2000 of repairs my friggin car needs.

That was a great effort from everybody. Holmstrom is an ANIMAL, Hasek shut the door with a shutout just as I was hoping for, the shake up of the lines looked great, and they didn't let the game deteriorate into a thugfest after the Pronger hit from behind on Holmstrom.

I could go on forever but can't get too excited since they still need to more wins to finish this series and that won't be an easy task. I expect the Ducks to come back with a vengeance in Game 4. But if the Wings have a repeat effort of last night they will be damn hard to beat.

Grrrrrrreat game. :clap::clap::clap:

That was potentially a crushing defeat for Anaheim. Hopefully, Pronger gets the suspension he deserves. If so, it's over.

Unfortunately, Bettman has zero spine and will not suspend him; citing the fact that he wasn't penalized on the play as justification.

Good win for the boys. Let's hope they make similar meat of the Mallards next game as well. With the way the other series is going, the Wings need to end this one as quickly as possible.

The Wings absolutely dominated the Ducks in this game - at no point was the outcome of this game ever in doubt. They played the perfect road game, and it showed emphatically on the faces of the Ducks throughout the evening. The Wings are in an excellent position to break the Ducks' backs in Game 4, and have shown tonight they have both the ability and the intention to do just that. What a wonderful display!

As for Pronger, he ought to (and likely will) be suspended. The game was out of hand, there was previous physical altercation between him and Holmstrom, and the hit itself was premeditated and egregious. If it were up to me, he should get 2-3 games. If he's out of any period of time, the Ducks are in serious trouble.

:clap: Great post, I agree on all points. Too bad the suspension (if) will likely be only one game. But, by that time.. Wings up 3-1, and a commanding lead in the series, coming home to the Joe. I giggle in anticipation of what the pundits will think/say when the Wings win two straight in Anaheim against the "FAR superior Ducks team" :P

P.S. Has any Burke GM'd team ever won a Cup? He might want to think of getting a BLEND of old-school tough players and some more skill on his teams. Fricking good squads.

Another great win by the Wings and another great shutout game by Hasek. Even after Detroit eliminated my Sharks, I was hoping the Wings would go on to the Cup, mainly because I didn't like the Ducks, but now I'm actually beginning to like this Wings team.

BTW I wonder if the league will have the guts to overrule the on-ice officials and suspend Pronger instead of Niedermayer? It looked to me after watching many replays that it was Pronger not Niedermayer that went for the head shot.

:D

Welcome to the good side. :P You'll love it.

You assume incorrectly. Cusack is a Wing fan by proxy (he's close friends with Chelios).

On top of that, he goes to alot of games in Chicago when the Wings are in town. I often see him at those games since they're the ones I see most frequently.

Guest Cheesy

Hello from allducks.com.

Good game Wings. Definitely deserved this game. Had your chances and buried them. I'm hoping the Ducks can put forth a better effort on thursday though! Good luck!

Hello from allducks.com.

Good game Wings. Definitely deserved this game. Had your chances and buried them. I'm hoping the Ducks can put forth a better effort on thursday though! Good luck!

Welcome to the boards, and thanks for the kind words. :thumbup:

Dom says, "No!"

29 times. He didn't get much credit for it, as usual.

just too easy, those 29 saves

"Dominik Hasek, the Red Wings' 42-year-old goaltender, posted his 14th career playoff shutout, though certainly not his busiest. At one point, Anaheim had just six shots during a 30-minute span."

I guess any shut out where your skaters score 5 goals for you could be called "easy" - but apparently the media missed the 14 SOG/saves in the first when the score was 0-0.

Anyway, when do we get to find out if Pronger is suspended? I hope the league does the right thing, for once.

Not sure if this pic has been posted, but it was after the game last night in Anaheim.

I guess all that was left by the end was Wings fans at the Pond? :P Great pic, it's my wallpaper on my computer right now...

Yes, because Dom will be the very worthy recipient in mid-June. :D

You are probably right but I don't think he should get it. Our D, ailing or not, has been phenominal...captained by the man who really deserves the trophy:

Nicklas Lidstrom.

He provides EVERYTHING to this game. He's saved everyone's bacon...he's been superb (I think he's even playing somewhat injured), never (rarely) makes mistakes, has scored goals, made pretty plays, and has stopped goals.

THAT is who should get the Conn Smythe and I don't think anyone could do anything at this point to change my mind. I think he deserves it even more than his last one.

Dom is accustomed to getting no credit, so he will be pleased, again, if Nick wins the Conn Smythe... provided we get to that point. Dom was just as worthy of the Conn Smythe in 2002 as Nick, but that's the way it goes.

Somehow, when Dom is stellar, his play generally ends up being attributed to the contributions of everyone else on the team and winds up having nothing to do with him at all... an interesting trend which I'll clearly never understand. :blink: