• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Salviaman

Suspend Chris Pronger

Rate this topic

I'd much rather see Pronger on the ice than behind the bench, because you can't kick his ass when he's not playing.
Right, but wouldn't you rather see Anaheim playing Aaron Rome instead of Pronger? :)

Guest jaytan

I guess, but it always feels better to beat a team when their best players are on the ice.

I guess, but it always feels better to beat a team when their best players are on the ice.

Not when their "Best Players" are dangerous because they blindside people and ram their heads into a metal post on the boards. I'd rather not see someone like that out there at least for a game or two after said hit.

Pronger won't get s*** done to him... it was a 'finishing the check hit' even though it was just timing that homers helmet had popped off. Maybe the players need to wear their straps tighter?

I'm just glad to see that Homer was okay... if anything Pronger should have gotten 2 minutes for dry humping...

I"m sure it has been said but i have to add my 2 cents.

He is a dirty player who should have to sit at least two games in my mind. I don't care how big you are you have to be responsible for what you are doing on the ice. YOu could see Pronger go for Homer's head with and elbow that just crushed Homer. I"m still suprised that he came back last night. (from the looks of the hit i thought he would be gone for a game or two)

The worst part about it was that he didn't even sit one Min in the box for what he did. It was a bush league move and somthing better happen to him.

F--K Pronger

I'd like to think that too, but a lot of fans would not. We have our share of idiots too

no kidding - didn't a load of fans at the joe start booing when the preds game was abandoned after fischer went down?

i wouldn't criticize the ducks fans too much for cheering the hit at the time - no way they could tell the severity of it right away.

but pronger HAS to get suspended. everyone could see he had lost his head and was going to do something stupid. he is a classless, nasty piece of sh*t who needs to be taught a lesson.

It seems like every series we have some fans calling for a suspension on the opposing teams best players. This is playoff hockey, guys are going to take cheap shots and that's all there is to it. Honestly I was pissed when I saw the hit back in slow mo, but I don't expect any suspensions. Let's just hope the Wings use that as extra motivation and come out and take game 4.

From Babcock:

"My problem is I havent seen it a bunch of times. You know, Im a big believer, youre supposed to finish your check. Im a big believer in looking after each other. What I mean by that is, I dont care how much is on the line at any time, you have to look after the other player. When he doesnt see you and you decide youre going to bury his head off the turn buckle or whatever, thats a decision you make. We make lots of decisions."

He then talks about a hit in the Buffalo game and finishes with: "No one wants to hurt anybody. People want to play hard; no one wants to hurt anybody."

Pronger has been known for cheap shots through out his career he needs to suspended for at least 1 game and along with Rob the 2 of them planned or tried to flat out injure Homer and put him out believe me I am a big fan of physical rough hockey and understand emotions in the heat of battle but to run at a mans head no matter what team he plays for is wrong and can not be tolerated this is just as bad as hitting a man on the side of his head with your sticks bring back fighting and enforces and this pucking crap will stop :angry:

Finishing a check is one thing, but it looked like a forearm/elbow to the back of the head into the glass. Pronger is the one who should of gotten the penalty/game misconduct.

The NHL will be reviewing it so I am sure will we find out within the next 36 hours.

Pronger won't get s*** done to him... it was a 'finishing the check hit' even though it was just timing that homers helmet had popped off. Maybe the players need to wear their straps tighter?

I'm just glad to see that Homer was okay... if anything Pronger should have gotten 2 minutes for dry humping...

lol get real.. this was more then "finishing the check"

Guest GordieSid&Ted

no kidding - didn't a load of fans at the joe start booing when the preds game was abandoned after fischer went down?

i wouldn't criticize the ducks fans too much for cheering the hit at the time - no way they could tell the severity of it right away.

but pronger HAS to get suspended. everyone could see he had lost his head and was going to do something stupid. he is a classless, nasty piece of sh*t who needs to be taught a lesson.

"no kidding - didn't a load of fans at the joe start booing when the preds game was abandoned after fischer went down?"

I don't think that's an accurate depiction of what happened. For certain there were some drunken fools with no clue what was going on that were likely booing. As for the other folks, hard to tell how many people booed and why they may have. Certainly they may not have had any idea the severity of Fisch's situation. I doubt they had the jumbo tron focused in on them doing cpr on him. More than likely it was a knee-jerk reaction to realizing the game won't be played. Whenever there is a game cancellation people boo. The only time i've seen a game cancelled where people didn't boo was when there was clearly a serious injury or event that people weren't confused about. You know, like an earthquake interrupting the 89 world series. People get it when s*** like that happens.

As for the hit on Holmstrom last night. How the refs called Rob and not Pronger is baffling. I don't know how you miss a 6 foot 6 inch guy ramming his arms into the back of another guy's head. Me thinks they chose the lesser of 2 evils fearing the wrath they'd face if they booted Pronger. Just my opinion of course.

As for suspension, I dunno, 1 game maybe. Radulov got a game for hitting Berny. I've seen far worse hits from behind. People talking 5 games or the remainder of the playoffs are letting their emotions trump reason.

Refs shoulda called Prongs for the 5 + game. The league should review it and the league shoulda given him at least a game. Perhaps 2 based on what appeared to be pretty obvious intent. Think about it, Pronger vacated his defensive responsibilities and chased homer almost to the tops of the circles to finish the hit. I've played D pretty much my whole life and the only time i've ever forgone coverage (remember, homer dumped the puck back down low, so prongers dumbass should've been back down there somewhere and not 30 feet out front of the net along the boards) is when i've wanted to go out of my way to get a piece of someone. That's what pronger did. He had no intention of playing the game at that moment.

I don't think Pronger will get much beyond a one game suspension. Personally, I'd like to see him take himself out of the series like he did in 2002. :lol:

Cleary Pronger meant to hit Homer in the head. From behind. f*** this bulls*** about finishing their check. Niedermayer dirty tactics weren't well known to me before this series, although I do remember him being a nasty guy to play against.

As for Pronger - he had both arms UP. Aimed for Homer's head. Made contact. INTENT TO INJURE.

Unfortunately the NHL will suspend Pronger a game, if even that. Do not expect the ******* at head office to suspend an important Anaheim player for more than that.

As for next game - worry about the win, which is what Babcock will tell these guys, i'm sure. The rest will even out ... say when we're in the Finals and yet another million idiots who said Anaheim would steamroll us are silenced. Calgary? San Jose? Anaheim's next ...

As for the hit on Holmstrom last night. How the refs called Rob and not Pronger is baffling. I don't know how you miss a 6 foot 6 inch guy ramming his arms into the back of another guy's head. Me thinks they chose the lesser of 2 evils fearing the wrath they'd face if they booted Pronger. Just my opinion of course.

As for suspension, I dunno, 1 game maybe. Radulov got a game for hitting Berny. I've seen far worse hits from behind. People talking 5 games or the remainder of the playoffs are letting their emotions trump reason.

I'll be surprised if Pronger gets anything for that hit. I think he absolutely derserves to sit Game 4 but because Rob, for some unknown reason got the penalty, and that Holmstrom luckily isn't hurt, I don't think much will come from this other than adding to Pronger's less than stellar rep of cheap plays.

The best revenge we can get here is to continue what happened in Game 3. Beat em on the scoreboard. Beat them with Pronger on the ice. Officially make Pronger the LOSER and knock him and the Ducks out of the playoffs with two more wins :D

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Pronger was a dirty, cheap shotting mother effer in St. Louis.

Promger was a dirty, cheap shotting mother effer in Edmonton.

Pronger is a dirty, cheap shotting mother effer in Anaheim.

Case closed.

Edited by Wings_Fan_in_KC

This is why the NHL gets a bad rep, Pronger and others doing an intent to injure b/c they are losing.

I still am pissed at Pronger for trying to hurt Stevie Y more, at least it worked out b/c he bummed his own knee.

The reason, I believe Pronger should get a 1 game suspension is the way he hit Homer in the back of the head from behind. If he isn't suspended I think the refs will call anything and everything he does in game 4 and 5. If you watch the replay Homer could have been killed. Pronger wasn't even looking for the puck and skated as hard as he could to maliciously cause Homer to never play again. If the league does nothing I would be very surprised.

After last nights dirty stunt, I was thinking to myself. Pronger is the golden boy for the NHL and they likely won't give him the punishment he deserves for trying to hurt Homer.

So the best way to look at it and not feel as bad.

Pronger just took himself out of the running for the Norris with his dirty stunt. Nice one Chris.

The Norris winner will be someone with class and someone who can play defense without cheap shots.

From Babcock:

"My problem is I havent seen it a bunch of times. You know, Im a big believer, youre supposed to finish your check. Im a big believer in looking after each other. What I mean by that is, I dont care how much is on the line at any time, you have to look after the other player. When he doesnt see you and you decide youre going to bury his head off the turn buckle or whatever, thats a decision you make. We make lots of decisions."

"-- bury his head in the TURNBUCKLE"?!?!?!

Hey, does Babcock have a background in pro wrestling or somethin'? That's the only "sport" I know of that uses turnbuckles! Maybe he wrestles with the mask, and hails from 'Parts Unknown."

Seriously folks, they'll get around to suspending Pronger about the same time they get around to suspending Iginla!

IPB Image

McKenzie's article doesn't really say anything this thread hasn't, but I still like hearing an outside view.

Bob McKenzie's article- "could go either way"

To suspend or not to suspend.

If Pronger is suspended, for no more than one game, it shouldn't come as a huge surprise. The score of the game and the fact it was an elbow from behind doing some damage to Holmstrom's head and that it was also perceived as payback for earlier events will work against Pronger and the Ducks.

If Pronger isn't suspended, well, that won't be a huge shock either. Holmstrom apparently did not suffer serious injury on the play, it's the Western Conference final and there have been hits like this one that have in the past gone unpunished.

A statement was made alright, but it was by the guys in red.

Now we will wait to see what statement, if any, the league makes.