• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DreamsofHope

Giggy or Briz

Rate this topic

I am sorry if this thread has already been posted, but I haven't seen it so I figured why not? I just feel like the wings have really figured Giggy out. I don't remember where I read it, but I read somewhere that someone thought he was amazing positionally but wasn't a good athlete, in that he couldn't move laterally fast enough. It really looked like the wings eploited that with goals going from one side of the ice to the other. That being said, it seems Babcock knows this. So my question is, who do you think they will start and why?

Or who would you prefer to play against?

Giguere.

Sounded like Carlyle switched goalies to send a message to his team rather than Giguere.

I just read on Mlive that he wasn't revealing who he was going to play.... hmmm.... yeah I think it'll probably be Giguere as well.

I think they gotta go with Giguere still. He's the one that got em there, and it was pretty clear they weren't blaming him for the last game...just trying to swing the momentum with the goalie change (which didn't work since it took like 15 seconds to score again! :D )

Gotta believe they'll come back with Giggy again. Doesn't matter to me one bit. I have faith in this team no matter who they're playing against--especially because our guy is better!

-Tim

I think they gotta go with Giguere still. He's the one that got em there, and it was pretty clear they weren't blaming him for the last game...just trying to swing the momentum with the goalie change (which didn't work since it took like 15 seconds to score again! :D )

Gotta believe they'll come back with Giggy again. Doesn't matter to me one bit. I have faith in this team no matter who they're playing against--especially because our guy is better!

-Tim

That being said though I think I prefer Gigeure to play against. I seriously think we have him figured.

Guest bullocks

I am sorry if this thread has already been posted, but I haven't seen it so I figured why not? I just feel like the wings have really figured Giggy out. I don't remember where I read it, but I read somewhere that someone thought he was amazing positionally but wasn't a good athlete, in that he couldn't move laterally fast enough. It really looked like the wings eploited that with goals going from one side of the ice to the other. That being said, it seems Babcock knows this. So my question is, who do you think they will start and why?

Or who would you prefer to play against?

i was the one who posted that about giguerre :D

but ya, they'll go back to him i'm pretty sure...

I just wonder why the coach would pull Giguere when they were "only" down 3 goals. Why not leave him in and let him try to redeem himself and possibly build confidence to start the next game. This move down only three goals makes me think that maybe Carlye was already thinking ahead to G4 and maybe start Bryz...

Honestly, It really doesn't matter who they put in. We are on a mission. And neither of their guys has what it takes to stop us. Although if I was forced to chose, I would much rather face Bryzy. Giggy is just the better netminder. But either way Im totally confident against either of em. It was sweet when they pulled Giggy, just to get scored on again seconds later...ahhh that was beautiful.

:clap:

as much as i love giggy. i would go with bryz...its not a secret how to beat giguere, s*** i knew it all year long...something like this happened in 03 and giguere was pulled came back the next game and recorded a shut out so who knows what burke is gonna do....

See, I think the reason Brys got put in stems from the hit Gigurre took when he defender got dumped on him early in the first, and they were down 3 goals why risk your starting goalie when the Wings were bringing it like they did? And it also sent a message to the Ducks to get at it more too.

I must say i felt bad for Brys after out 5th goal, he looked so down on himself, and nobody gould have saved that game, not with the way the offense was playing.

Anyway, I think Gigurre will be back in for 4.

as much as i love giggy. i would go with bryz...its not a secret how to beat giguere, s*** i knew it all year long...something like this happened in 03 and giguere was pulled came back the next game and recorded a shut out so who knows what burke is gonna do....

shhhhhhhhhh!!!! Let them play Giggy!

:P

Edited by sixer

Giggy is Ducks #1 so i guess he will play.

Goalie question, SJ's Toskala won all his games against the Wings this year but SJ played Nabby altho he lost his games against the Wings, bad choise on Wilsons part? just wondering...

Guest LivingtheDream

Lateral movement is the key to practically any goalie. 3 of our 5 on 5 goals were due to this kind of thing (and going to the net). Great to see.

i was the one who posted that about giguerre :D

but ya, they'll go back to him i'm pretty sure...

As a fellow goaltender I have to disagree guys, Giggy does seem like he uses bigger stuff but every goaltender is different some like their pads more snug and tight to their body some find it to constricting. If you want to see a goalie who uses way way over sized pads check out. Garth Snow when he played used the biggest stuff he could find. Giggy uses bigger pads but I'm quite sure they are legal. Giggy is a technically sound goalie and plays almost flawless angles, He doesen't have to speed and reflexes as some of the other NHL goaltenders though.

another interesting fact about him is he uses a straw on his water bottle. If anyone has been wondering why he does this, is because he has a condition where he sucks to much air along with his water, and it makes him puke.

with all that said, Go Wings

your not the only one :P

I think the Ducks would be better off going with Ilya myself, he played pretty good considering the setting. Although I believe they might stick with Giggy but I also wouldn't be suprised to see bryzgalov in net either. I say we can handle both so who cares who gets the beating.

go Wings

either gangly clumsy one will suit our needs. which is, to fill the net.

combined, they have allowed 10 goals in 3 games.

hasek? 5

Giggy's stats are inflated due to the ducks playing two pathetic offensive teams. Hasek's stats reflect how well he's played, especially against the Sharks.

edit: also, if you are flipping goalies at this stage, you're in trouble. Carolina managed last year early on, but Ward had established himself as the bread-winner by the time the conference finals were a few games deep.

Edited by rick zombo

either gangly clumsy one will suit our needs. which is, to fill the net.

combined, they have allowed 10 goals in 3 games.

hasek? 5

Giggy's stats are inflated due to the ducks playing two pathetic offensive teams. Hasek's stats reflect how well he's played, especially against the Sharks.

haha "Gangly" :lol::clap:

The fact that we're even having this thread is a good sign. No matter who they go with Ducks fans and the goalies will be second guessing whomever is in net rather than having a defined #1. Barring injury, having two capable #1 goalies on your roster can sometimes be a bad thing.

edit: also, if you are flipping goalies at this stage, you're in trouble. Carolina managed last year early on, but Ward had established himself as the bread-winner by the time the conference finals were a few games deep.

I don't think that's true at all. There were lots of people who thought he was going to stick with Gerber. Gerber was the clear #1 until he got that weird flu right at the end of the season.

Giguere will probably be in. Bryz is good, but they've already had their confidence shaken by losing Pronger (I smile every time I think about that) and I don't think changing up who's in net would benefit anyone. I think Giguere is a better goalie than a lot of people here give him credit for. True, he's not as athletic as a lot of goalies, but his ability to read plays and position himself is stellar, and that's 90% of the job done right there. He's athletic enough to deal with most of the rest of it - although not all, obviously.

As far as the SJ Sharks Vesa-not-Nabby decision, I think it was the right one. While statistically Vesa might have seemed like an obvious choice, Nabby was the man going into the playoffs, and the team was comfortable with him in net. Nabby acquitted himself quite well, proving my point (in the sense that he didn't lose any of the games - more of a team effort, there).

Plus I don't think Vesa being in goal was the determining factor in the Sharks regular season wins over Detroit.

I think you've got to go with Giguere, He is a all star goaltender and when he has a bad game he has the ability to shut things down the next game, Like Hasek can.

Lets hope he doesn't do that tonight! :scared:

Giguere will probably be in. Bryz is good, but they've already had their confidence shaken by losing Pronger (I smile every time I think about that) and I don't think changing up who's in net would benefit anyone. I think Giguere is a better goalie than a lot of people here give him credit for. True, he's not as athletic as a lot of goalies, but his ability to read plays and position himself is stellar, and that's 90% of the job done right there. He's athletic enough to deal with most of the rest of it - although not all, obviously.

As far as the SJ Sharks Vesa-not-Nabby decision, I think it was the right one. While statistically Vesa might have seemed like an obvious choice, Nabby was the man going into the playoffs, and the team was comfortable with him in net. Nabby acquitted himself quite well, proving my point (in the sense that he didn't lose any of the games - more of a team effort, there).

Plus I don't think Vesa being in goal was the determining factor in the Sharks regular season wins over Detroit.

Giguere will be in net tonight. I blame the defense in front of him they really played horribly last game. Too many point blank shots for my taste. The defense needs to shore up and make gigueres job easier. I think the first two games are more indicative of gigueres ability.