• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

19 C

Chelios not shaking hands . . .

Rate this topic

We don't know why he didn't shake hands. So, why spend time speculating/judging him without knowing the reason?

Someone said in nhl.com that he was being polite, he had a flu bug and did not want to give his germs to the duckies, tee hee! :P:clap:

i can not believe there are 9 pages for this. doesnt anyone have anything better to ***** about ? let it go .so what if he didnt shake hands .maybe he had a case of the runs. no one will know until cheli tells us why . personally i dont need a reason . he did it , its done. what salami had to say was more classless then cheli not lining up for the shake .end the thread now please

Why the hell are there a gazillion pages on this subject?

CHRIS CHELIOS PLAYED ON THE SAME TEAM AS HIS FREAKING ARCH NEMESIS FOR 4 MONTHS. HE HAD NO MORE PHONY RESPECT LEFT IN HIM.

I don't get it. Whoever started this thread most have been denied a handshake by someone.

Is it like.. because there are no more hockey games to watch? All we have to do now is incessantly moan about something fairly insignificant in the grand scheme of things? Ok well that's my view anyhow, I understand it means more to some others of you out there but the thread is getting a bit lengthy for something of this nature.

I'm getting visions of everyone here lined up on a huge porch, all on rocking chairs, some with pipes, slowly rocking back n fourth, all gossiping about the smallest things because there just isn't anything else to do anymore hehehe

Man, seriously though, I'm bummed... no more games.. what ARE we going to do? *sigh* :scared:

To make matters worse... I just got my email from ticketmaster...

Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event. 2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs, Round 4/Game 3 scheduled at Joe Louis Arena, has been cancelled.

Your credit card will automatically be credited the ticket price and convenience charges, and should post to your account within 7 to 10 business days. Please note, the $4.30 per order processing fee and any ticketFast or UPS delivery charges are non-refundable.

Ultra Bummer!!! :veryangry::crybaby:

OH... and I found this in the emocations list lol

:caution:

A bit unsportsmanlike, but thats the least of my worries.

The refs all playoffs have been an embarassement to their profession and hope they realize they cost the Wings and a few other teams.

Chelly is on wdfn every Thursday at 5pm. We'll see what he has to say then.

Can someone post what is said during the radio interview? I don't live in the Detroit area and I'd like to hear what he says.

At least Pronger has class. Always shakes hands at the end.

It's time for Pronger to get his name on the Cup.

This is nothing new for Chelios. I've been used to his act since the early 90s.

Go Ducks, and then it's time for the draft and the Blues three first-round draft picks.

Go Ducks, and then it's time for the draft and the Blues three first-round draft picks.

:thumbdown: This is the worst thing I have ever heard.

:thumbdown: This is the worst thing I have ever heard.

Agreed. If Pronger has class, maybe he should start showing it some time. He is a great player, but classy he is NOT.

19C...Who really honestly gives a f***, he was one of our top defenceman this series played his heart out with Schneider out, what is to you if he didn't shake hands?! I dont shake hands with ppl I dislike or have no respect for, so why should it be any different for him?! He's human liek us thers no rule sying u must shake hands, if he shook the coaches hands than clearly there was somethnig going on cuz Cheli Never does that, jump off hsi back and shut the f*** up its none of ur business why he didnt and rly we shouldnt give 2 s***s i think we got more impiortant things 2 worry about than why Cheli isnt shaking hands, such as why we could only play 1 full period of hockey in the most important game of the yr, next yr boys... REISGN CHELI!!!! GO WINGS GO!!!

Ditto. I don't give a s*** why he didn't go through the line. His prerogative and I say, BRAVO, Chelios. What you should be worrying about are the comments that cheap shot Pronger, and wimp whiner Selanne made after the game.

From The Hockey News:

Selanne • and Chris “The Canadian Media Made Me Do It†Pronger • took some of the shine off their series win by complaining about the officiating.

"When you have to beat the referees, too, it’s tough,†Selanne told USA Today.

“When we’re getting penalty after penalty on pretty weak calls,†Pronger added, “a lot of guys were talking about conspiracy theories.â€Â

Fellas, you and your teammates have played some of the most undisciplined hockey (particularly in the second period of games) of any 2007 playoff team. You should be thanking J-S Giguere and your penalty-killers, not bitching about tinfoil-hat conspiracy theories.

Class and Pronger used in the same sentence let alone PARAGRAPH?? OH MY GOD! Are you phucking serious? Dude, put DOWN the crack pipe and back away slowly. It's for your own good - trust me on this. Pronger is the biggest pice of garbage masquerading as a hockey player in the NHL today. He can't skate, he tries to take big hits when people aren't looking, he's a dirty cross checking mother effer and his "big point shot" ain't s***. How many reporters has he banged in Anaheim? Yeah, that's real classy.

Oh and by the way, I'll PUKE if Chrissy Cheap Shot Pronger gets his name on the Cuip. What an act of tarnishment and defilation on the great Chalice.

GO SENS!!!

Edited by Wings_Fan_in_KC

He shook the Ducks coaches' hands-- that's enough respect shown right there. I highly doubt there was any disrespect meant to the players, or HE WOULDN'T HAVE SHOOK HANDS WITH THE COACHES who brought this group of players to the series win.

For whatever reason, he skipped the on-ice bit, but I feel sure it had nothing to do with disrespecting any player. Not because I particularly think that he's too all-that sportmanlike to be an arse, but rather because just plain common sense tells me that he blew it off out of some expediency or other.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

This personally bothers me. I was playing in a HS game against our school rivals and the game broke into an all out brawl (this is an no fighting league) and after it was said and done, we all still shook their hands and they beat us 8-1.

My point is, no matter what you should shake hands. No one is an exception from the rules. Most Wings fans have been complaining that the Ducks were 'classless'. Last time I checked, not participating in the hand shake is classless too.

So if a somebody cross checked you in the face, knocked out all your teeth and broke your jaw you're saying you'd line right up to shake his hand?

Sorry, but me thinks you're being a tad naive here