• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

high_stick69

Sick to my stomach

Rate this topic

Guest MrSandMan

They'll return to the playoffs next year at the very least.

I doubt they'll be so lucky next year, plus I think the league will be onto their illegal tactics and shut that down.

Ducks are done!

I doubt they'll be so lucky next year, plus I think the league will be onto their illegal tactics and shut that down.

Ducks are done!

Pretty damn difficut to repeat, but to think they are going to miss the playoffs is a pretty bold and obnoxious statement.

Pretty damn difficut to repeat, but to think they are going to miss the playoffs is a pretty bold and obnoxious statement.

Depends upon how the refs decide to call it next season...... :angry:

Guest MrSandMan

I don't know if they'll make the playoffs or not. But I doubt they'll make it past the first round.

I expect to see more tough western teams next year... (with more talent)

But I agree with high_stick. Depends how the refs want to call it.

I haven't watched a single game of the Finals. I ain't gonna start now.

And before anyone says I'm a sore loser...I watched every game of Edmonton/Carolina, Calgary/Tampa Bay and Anaheim/New Jersey (pity me on that one, blech). My heart just wasn't in it this year.

I agree. I've watched 2 and a half games this year. Games 1 and 2 I didn't watch, mainly out of disinterest. Game 3 and 4 I did watch. Game 5 I watched in small intervals. I was flipping back and fourth through other channels, mainly because the game was just boring.

I wanted Ottawa to win, which is mainly why I watched it. Now that they didn't, I've turned the TV off, and trying to forget this happened. I have to say though, like the past 4 fricken' seasons, this has, once again, been an ass boring SCF. When are we going to see a team with a real rivalry in it again? Give me Detroit/Toronto or Chicago/NY Rangers, or something. Stop with this bulls*** of two teams that play in cities that couldn't be further away from each other, and have no rivalry what-so-ever.

The ducks did NOT deserve it and did NOT earn it. I don't think they played that well at all. The wins and the score are all that matters, but to say this team earned it is far fetched...

Thank you, thank you, thank you...your sentiments run along the same lines as mine. And to have those names engraved on that trophy is akin to defacing it.

I got a big bottle of antacids for anyone who needs them.

You know, maybe Cheli should have thrown up on them at the end of the series. Would have been a very indicative sentiment.

Guest Crymson

Let's see: one could hear a ******* pin drop in the Pond when the Cup was presented. Pathetic. Utterly pathetic. Nobody cares about hockey in SoCal. Good job, Bettman: you've successfully brought the Cup finals to two small market teams for the second year in a row. For the second year in a row, the ratings were horrible and the Cup was hoisted in a town that--except for those in attendance, minus Arnold--couldn't give a f*ck less about hockey.

Nice job dragging the NHL down in flames, douchebag.

Congrats on winning the cup, goonsquad. Now, if you'll excuse me, that shot of the Pronger family has caused me a fit of uncontrollable vomiting. Adios.

Guys, I'm not singling anybody out and I know this is an emotional time, but this thread is the whiniest and most pathetic I've seen in five

years on this board.

I've come to hate the Ducks as much as anybody over the last eight weeks (heck, living in SoCal, I've disliked them longer than most,) but to say that they only won because of lucky bounces and refereeing decisions is absurd.

Yes, Pronger is an unspeakable word. Yeah, the Niedermayers took cheap shots. Yes, Perry is a ****. And you know what? They won. And yes, they deserved it. Scoreboard. End of story.

And unfortunately, they're not just going to disappear anytime soon. Since the new ownership group took over last year, they've become one of the best-run organizations in hockey. They may not repeat next year, but they're going to be a force for a while. Sorry, but the Ducks are here to stay.

today is a worst day in NHL history...

the only good thing is that's it's all over...

While I agree that today doesn't rank way up high in NHL history, IMHO the worst day in NHL history was the day that Bettman took the reins.

Now... watch my avatar for 20 seconds. If you don't at least crak a smile then you need to go to bed or have a drink.

Edited by Mickeyisms Rule!

Excuse me while I throw up at the thought of their names on the cup.

While I agree that today doesn't rank way up high in NHL history, IMHO the worst day in NHL history was the day that Bettman took the reins.

Now... watch my avatar for 20 seconds. If you don't at least crak a smile then you need to go to bed or have a drink.

amen

Guys, I'm not singling anybody out and I know this is an emotional time, but this thread is the whiniest and most pathetic I've seen in five

years on this board.

I've come to hate the Ducks as much as anybody over the last eight weeks (heck, living in SoCal, I've disliked them longer than most,) but to say that they only won because of lucky bounces and refereeing decisions is absurd.

]Yes, Pronger is an unspeakable word. Yeah, the Niedermayers took cheap shots. Yes, Perry is a ****. And you know what? They won. And yes, they deserved it. Scoreboard. End of story.

And unfortunately, they're not just going to disappear anytime soon. Since the new ownership group took over last year, they've become one of the best-run organizations in hockey. They may not repeat next year, but they're going to be a force for a while. Sorry, but the Ducks are here to stay.

That really, really depends on what you mean by deserved. Sure, they did what they had to win the Cup, but I swear to you, I would literally be sick to my stomach if the team I rooted for played the way the Ducks have this year.

Congrats to the Ducks though, at least the team that beat the Wings won it I guess...

That really, really depends on what you mean by deserved. Sure, they did what they had to win the Cup, but I swear to you, I would literally be sick to my stomach if the team I rooted for played the way the Ducks have this year.

Congrats to the Ducks though, at least the team that beat the Wings won it I guess...

They deserved it because they were relentless. Sure, they got lucky at times, but it was usually because of their aggression. Classless aggression, but aggression nonetheless. They made their own breaks.

Edited by Shockwave180

Well as the great WWE commentator Jim Ross would say, you gotta give it up to the "dirtiest players in the game". Yeah we like our heroes to be classy but luck truly is random and the cards were just too stacked against a scrappy and resilient Wings team this year. Consider:

1) We lost a top 4 d-man (Kronwall) prior to the start of the playoffs

2) We lost a top-pairing d-man in the second round

3) We drew 3 of the 4 most physical teams in the league in the playoffs (Ottawa being the only team we didn't face)

4) We had the worst travel schedule of any playoff team

5) Compared to Anaheim and Ottawa we had far more difficult opponents in the first two rounds

6) Of the 15 playoff series this year the WCF was the only time a team carried the play for most of the series and lost.

And to have those names engraved on that trophy is akin to defacing it.

couldn't agree more... to see Chris Pronger win the Stanley Cup is a true insult to Lord Stanley's legendary name. It should have been the wings guys... it should have been the wings.... :(