• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

norrisnick

Wings re-sign Hudler to 2-year deal

Rate this topic

If he's lucky? come now...he got that this year with minimal ice time. He'll do THAT for sure again...and he's still learning a few tricks, so based on that...and more ice time, he should do well. it'll also depend on who his linemates are, but I think he will probably end up with Flip again...which will be good.

How bout a line of: Huds/Flip/Franzen

Tons of skill, and a big boy in the Mule to protect Jiri and Flip.

If he's lucky? come now...he got that this year with minimal ice time. He'll do THAT for sure again...and he's still learning a few tricks, so based on that...and more ice time, he should do well. it'll also depend on who his linemates are, but I think he will probably end up with Flip again...which will be good.

I said "If he's lucky" because of the fact that I'd be very surprised if Babcock played him more then 7 minutes a game.

You and I know both know what's going on there. The fact that Kopecky was called in before Hudler during the playoffs is enough to know.

How bout a line of: Huds/Flip/Franzen

Tons of skill, and a big boy in the Mule to protect Jiri and Flip.

I'd rather Grigorenko-Filpula-Franzen. 2 big boys that crush everyone on the ice , then let Filpula pull out his dangles to score all the goals.

I say give Grigorenko minimal ice time until he proves he can use it wisely... then work him in.

I mean first time in the NHL he could dare i say be a bust?!

Edited by OsGOD

Oh Christ. You're going to compare Hudler to Dino?

They could have easily signed both Smyth and Hasek. That would just mean no Bertuzzi (who ditched us anyways).

We got 4 now! Good to see. :)

Now then: Hudler's production will depend on ice time.

Fairy tale ice time: He could score 30 goals.

Reality (because we all know Babcock doesn't like Hudler at all): 10-15, if he's lucky.

Smyth to the Wings was never going to happen, and you thinkiing that it would doesn't make it so. Maybe Kenny was courting him, maybe not. The fact is that he is in Colorado and he won't be a Wing, probably ever. We have someone already that fills that role and he is cheaper anyway in Holmstrom.

I am one of the guys that thinks that Asham would be a good addition, but never on the first or second line. He's tough, plays with a chip on his shoulder, and isn't afraid to drop the gloves. He is exactly what we need to ride shotgun out there for smaller skilled guys like Hudler.

Asham's TSN profile:

Assets: Owns a solid work ethic and is strong along the boards. Is also willing to crash the net to create scoring chances or even drop the gloves.

Flaws: Lacks polish in his overall offensive game. Will never light up the score sheet at the NHL level.

Career: potential Fourth line winger.

I watched Hudler in Grand Rapids. He has a way of getting into those tight spots and coming away with the puck. He creates scoring chances and often can convert on them. I'm glad he's a Wing.

There are going to be some changes to the Wings in the near future. I'm a Wings fan for life. I lived through the Dead Wings, I celebrated through the championships, and now I will (hopefully) celebrate another championship.

We've got some great depth coming up through our farm system. Sometimes I wonder if we had been so spoiled for so long with the teams of the 90's and early 00's with all of the HOFers playing on them that we forgot what it was like to have rookies and younger guys playing that haven't come into their own in the NHL yet.

Patience is the key when watching players develop. You need to look for the improvement and see how they are integrated into the system.

I'm glad he's back, if for no other reason than I was starting to be worried that we would be the first team to play with 2 forwards and 3 defensemen on the ice at all times throughout the game.

I'm glad he's back, if for no other reason than I was starting to be worried that we would be the first team to play with 2 forwards and 3 defensemen on the ice at all times throughout the game.

that would mean holland has failed... having that many forwards out there... I do like his style.... defense does win cups... lets go all out.

Edited by OsGOD

30 goals + and a Cup for $880000,I'll take it!

because Brian Gionta, and Martin St. Louis are towers of Strength and height right?

Tell me you just didn't...

I say give Grigorenko minimal ice time until he proves he can use it wisely... then work him in.

I mean first time in the NHL he could dare i say be a bust?!

that would mean holland has failed... having that many forwards out there... I do like his style.... defense does win cups... lets go all out.

Did Disney already confirm there won't be a 4th Pirates-movie?

This is from the Ask NFM#25 a Question-thread:

QUOTE(FinRedWing @ July 3, 2007 - 03:12AM)

When will OsGod stop talking like a pirate?

NFM#25:

A month after Disney officially puts the nix on there being any chance of another Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

Sidenote: I really hopep they do a 4th. I loved the first and third films.

Guest bullockz

listen, im not a hudler fan by any means...but incase some of the "haters" havn't seen our forward crop lately, i think it's pretty huting..i mean s***, lets not sign a 15 goal scorer in limited minutes for under $1 mill...NO WOULDNT WANNA DO THAT!!!!

Worst news I've read all day.Wings are getting softer by the day.

No, they aren't.

They could have easily signed both Smyth and Hasek. That would just mean no Bertuzzi (who ditched us anyways).

We got 4 now! Good to see. :)

Holland could've easily signed Smyth? Sounds simple in theory but he can't know what all 29 other GMs are doing, plus he's got to consider cushion room for any possible trades during the season, as well as signing some of his other players. While I would've loved Smyth, he was going to be ridiculously expensive, which he was when Colorado signed him. Signing/trading players isn't as simple as it might be on NHL games on PlayStation2 or XBox.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

agreed, I just hope Babs lets him freakin' play this coming season.

I don't know if he'll have much choice about playing him... unless we see some of the Griffins getting major time.

Going with more ice time but under 30 goals.

agreed, I just hope Babs lets him freakin' play this coming season.

That is where I am at, I really liked what Hudler did last year with his limited playing time. I think Babs has got to put him on the second line and see what this kid can do. Hudler - Grigs - Flip anyone?

I'm beyond late chiming in, but this is a great signing. With the departure of Lang, Bert and Calder, it only means more ice time for Hudler. If he can put up even one-and-a-half times what he did last year with double the ice time, it will be huge.

The Wings just announced the Jiri Hudler signing. It's a two-year deal that averages a little more than $1 million a season, nearly doubling his $525,000 salary from last year.

looks like hes getting more then the 880k posted ........ i guess they were afraid theyd pay him more if he went to arbitration, none the less im still glad with the deal and the fact its 2 years we wont have to worry about him

The same time Z's contract is up.

yup , and we'll also have to give increases to filppula, franzen, cleary ...... if hudler plays awesome and gets like 25 goals maybe we'll just use him as trade bait to get something good , dont know if we'll be able to keep all these guys who are all due for increases

id love to see holland resign filppula right now to a 4 year 1.75-2 per year contract extention before filppula has a 20 goal season and could command more

The Wings just announced the Jiri Hudler signing. It's a two-year deal that averages a little more than $1 million a season, nearly doubling his $525,000 salary from last year.

looks like hes getting more then the 880k posted ........ i guess they were afraid theyd pay him more if he went to arbitration, none the less im still glad with the deal and the fact its 2 years we wont have to worry about him

yup , and we'll also have to give increases to filppula, franzen, cleary ...... if hudler plays awesome and gets like 25 goals maybe we'll just use him as trade bait to get something good , dont know if we'll be able to keep all these guys who are all due for increases

id love to see holland resign filppula right now to a 4 year 1.75-2 per year contract extention before filppula has a 20 goal season and could command more

A little more then 1 million? Good to see Hollands spending his money wisely :crazy:

and we'll also have to give increases to filppula, franzen, cleary ...... if hudler plays awesome and gets like 25 goals maybe we'll just use him as trade bait to get something good , dont know if we'll be able to keep all these guys who are all due for increases

That's assuming we could get all those guys. I think that we'll try to keep Flip for sure out of all of them. Cleary and Franzen are question marks depending on how they play...and Hudler, it will just depend on how he develops and if he's not traded.

A little more then 1 million? Good to see Hollands spending his money wisely :crazy:

Who else was he going to get? Better to get someone who's young and we know plays well with the team.

he had 15 goals last season ,what you expect ? holland probably feared he would of went to arbitration , this way hes tied up for 2 years and doesnt have to worry ........if i had to take a guess id say its maybe 1.1 or 1.25 per , its 1.1 lets say then we got 7 million left , with 1 million put a side for possible deals at the deadline

That's assuming we could get all those guys. I think that we'll try to keep Flip for sure out of all of them. Cleary and Franzen are question marks depending on how they play...and Hudler, it will just depend on how he develops and if he's not traded.

Who else was he going to get? Better to get someone who's young and we know plays well with the team.

as much as i like cleary if it came down between him or franzen no doubt to me its franzen , hes a big body which we desperatly need plus hes awesome lol :)

but id obviously like to keep both

...what a waste of money and a roster spot...

...lose Bertuzzi, replace h im with Hudler. What an upgrade!

They weren't replacing Bert with Hudler...

the thought is funny though, heh <-- anyone got those Bert/Huds practice pictures around? Imagine that REVERSED :D

Not a bad signing. He'll be a good depth player for the regular season. I can't imagine this lil guy doing much in the playoffs though. Sure pure speculation, but most small guys get pushed around in the playoffs. Remember him vs the Sharks?

...what a waste of money and a roster spot...

...lose Bertuzzi, replace h im with Hudler. What an upgrade!

Not as if they're replacing Bert for Huds at the same price-- I'm not thrilled here either, but c'mon.

You KNOW you'd be bitchin' if DRW signed Bert to the same contract ANA did. You KNOW you'd (and when I say "You" it's a Universal You) be on here bitching, whinging, second-guessing,, and moaning.

I'm not a Huds fan, but I'm willing to be.