• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zetterberg_is_god

Forsberg to the Wings?

Rate this topic

I know we have talked about the possibility of Forsberg coming to Detroit all summer, but today I found an article on Pro Sports Daily that breaks down all the factors that make sense. The article is from the Detroit Free Press and there are lots of valid points about Forsberg's near future.

Pro Sports Daily

I know we have talked about the possibility of Forsberg coming to Detroit all summer, but today I found an article on Pro Sports Daily that breaks down all the factors that make sense. The article is from the Detroit Free Press and there are lots of valid points about Forsberg's near future.

Pro Sports Daily

I hope that he goes to the divealanche where he belongs with the rest of the scum.

It doesn't make to much sense to me to sign someone else now. We're still the strongest team in the Central Division, so I think the best thing to do is save the remaining $4-$6 Million and use it at the deadline.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

It doesn't make to much sense to me to sign someone else now. We're still the strongest team in the Central Division, so I think the best thing to do is save the remaining $4-$6 Million and use it at the deadline.

Exactly who will we get? Let me remind you trades generally ahve to be attractive to both teams, and seeing as holland will never give a first rounder away this probably isnt gonna happen.

Exactly who will we get? Let me remind you trades generally ahve to be attractive to both teams, and seeing as holland will never give a first rounder away this probably isnt gonna happen.

Are you serious? Cause the Red Wings have only had 4 first round picks in the 10 years since Holland has become the GM. I'd say he's more likely to trade away a first round pick than not.

Are you serious? Cause the Red Wings have only had 4 first round picks in the 10 years since Holland has become the GM. I'd say he's more likely to trade away a first round pick than not.

Most of those picks were traded away before the salary cap went into effect. The way the league is structured now, developing talent is much more important than before the lockout. The Red Wings used to rely solely on signing big name free agents, by sacrificing their draft picks. It will take a big-time player for Holland to trade away that first round pick now.

i really don't want him on our team, he's a good player, but i just cant get over the wings vs avs days. I'm rather see him with the avs for his last year(s)

Guys, relax. If he does get signed by the Wings, the season will probably already be underway and hell have a discounted price tag.

I really dont understand why people make such a big deal about Forsberg playing on the team for AT MOST, 1 lousy season. Personally, if anybody but Claude Lemieux was willing to sign with the team and would help us out, then Id be all for it. Who cares if he was on the Avs, Preds, or Flyers - he can still put the biscuit in the basket if hes healthy, and thats the only condition the Wings well sign him under.

Guys, relax. If he does get signed by the Wings, the season will probably already be underway and hell have a discounted price tag.

I really dont understand why people make such a big deal about Forsberg playing on the team for AT MOST, 1 lousy season. Personally, if anybody but Claude Lemieux was willing to sign with the team and would help us out, then Id be all for it. Who cares if he was on the Avs, Preds, or Flyers - he can still put the biscuit in the basket if hes healthy, and thats the only condition the Wings well sign him under.

That's all fine and well about Forsberg, but is he EVER healthy anyways?

Edited by GoWings1905

Guys i'd love to see this guy in the wings ... plz holland get it done ... for all you forsberg haters that the only reason hate him cause he use to be be an av ... well forget about that he is an upgrade over lang or anyone we let go the past 3-4 years ... even if his injured big deal its not like we have him forever just for 1 year

WillieH:

Forsberg is better on one leg than most are on two... If he actually takes the time necessary to rehab from surgery, and actually WANTS to play for Detroit... and we get him at a discounted rate because he doesnt join the team till the new year... well...

I say SIGN the boy! He is a gritty, hustling, incredible puck-magnetic set up man... and would allow some freedom and distraction for our two budding superstars Dats & Zetts...

In fact... we may possibly have access to Federov as well... I for one would love Forsberg and Federov to join an already POWERFUL cast of characters...

Neither would have pressure upon them, and that I believe would spell even MORE trouble for opponents... which already has them looking over their shoulders...

With just a TAD of luck last season, we would've hoisted the CUP... and with Anaheim's roster getting picked on (penner), and adding their share of "over the hills" ...I think we're lookin pretty doggone good...

Bert & Schneider or Forsberg & Federov... you do the math... I come up with... :champs:

Edited by WillieH

People this could very well happen, I hated cheater forsberg as much as anybody else but the fact is he is swede, he is a fa and the wings need a top 6 forward....

If we sign him for cheap and incentives it will be a good deal, The guy is old but he has the ability to feed pucks and draw multiple defenders which opens up a shot, something sammy needs.........

And for the love of god stop bashing players from ancient history, The avs suck now and there is no rivalry going with a team that can't make the playoffs....

As I said i hated him too but he is no longer a av and that was like forever ago, Let it go.... :crazy:

People this could very well happen, I hated cheater forsberg as much as anybody else but the fact is he is swede, he is a fa and the wings need a top 6 forward....

If we sign him for cheap and incentives it will be a good deal, The guy is old but he has the ability to feed pucks and draw multiple defenders which opens up a shot, something sammy needs.........

And for the love of god stop bashing players from ancient history, The avs suck now and there is no rivalry going with a team that can't make the playoffs....

As I said i hated him too but he is no longer a av and that was like forever ago, Let it go.... :crazy:

What does Forsberg being Swedish have to do with anything?

If Forsberg stayed healthy, I'd be in favor of the move. He's a lot better than Jiri Hudler, who is currently our 2nd line option right now.

Check out NHL.com. Granted what defines a hit varies, but Forbserg had 8 hits in Game 1 of the playoffs against San Jose - twice as many as any other player on either team in that game alone.

Like somebody else said, Peter Forsberg could be playing on one leg and still be as good or better than most players in this league, and a hell of a lot better than anyone else on our 2nd line. Not to mention hes a beast in the playoffs - always has been.

That's all fine and well about Forsberg, but is he EVER healthy anyways?

He doesnt need to be healthy to be a top forward in this league. Like it or not, he was the best player in the NHL for a stretch of time, and when you fall from that pedastal, you have a long way to fall before being a lousy, over-the-hill, insert word here player that people say hes become. Fact is, he may no longer be the best NHLer, but hes still a good, if not great one, EVEN when injured. Hes just that good.

In the article it is stated that Forsberg is not close with any of the Swedes on our team so i don't think that is going to have as much influence on his decision as you guys think it will.

Im sure friendship isnt as important to Forsberg as winning is. The guy played with the best of the best in the Olympics, and along with Lidstrom, Kronwall, Homer, and Zetterberg, he won the Olympic title. The fact that hes buddies with those guys may not make a difference, but the fact that last time he got together with those guys in a dressing room, they were beating the pants off the top Russian, Canadian, and American players, well, that will probably give Detroit an edge.

If you like the team the way it is now, what could signing Fosberggie hurt if he signs a low salary deal with high monetary conditions? I think we will win the central with the team we have now, and adding Fosberggie for maybe half a season can only help.