• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

Wings Concept Jersey

Rate this topic

Thanks... I guess ;)

That if Fugly. Wow... lost for words.

I wonder how much the stiching on that "D" would make the jersey weigh?

Edited by OsGOD

That is so unbelievably freaking bad, it defies words. Things like that make me so glad the Wings have only minimally messed with their logo over the years.

Those old Cougars unis wouldn't be so bad as a third sweater, actually. At least it's a homage to their past and not some supposedly modernized logo that looks like it was designed by a mediocre art student on crack. :P

The Buffalo one at the top is pretty sharp...everything else on the page is ridiculous.

i agree.

whew that's one ugly "wings" jersey.

and this is coming from a guy that doesn't like the Wings logo.

talk about going from first to worse...

Guest Yzer19

That jersey is horrible. I'm not sure why a classic jersey like the Red Wings jersey needs to be changed anyways. Why fix something that isn't broken?

That jersey is horrible. I'm not sure why a classic jersey like the Red Wings jersey needs to be changed anyways. Why fix something that isn't broken?

Nothing is being changed......the Wings already have shown their new uniforms back in early August. This is just some person who put together an MS Paint or Adobe design for kicks.

If a 3rd jersey is need....the example of the Detroit Cougars one above is not bad.

Sorry to bump this up, but it bears mentioning - since so many signs are pointing towards a Detroit-Chicago Winter Classic, will this possibly result in a one-off 3rd jersey for the Wings? Last season's WC included vintage jerseys for both Pittsburgh and Buffalo, and given the original-6 matchup it would surprise if they didn't do so again. Perhaps a return of the striped DETROIT jerseys or the old, smaller winged-wheel jerseys from the 50s.

Sorry to bump this up, but it bears mentioning - since so many signs are pointing towards a Detroit-Chicago Winter Classic, will this possibly result in a one-off 3rd jersey for the Wings? Last season's WC included vintage jerseys for both Pittsburgh and Buffalo, and given the original-6 matchup it would surprise if they didn't do so again. Perhaps a return of the striped DETROIT jerseys or the old, smaller winged-wheel jerseys from the 50s.

I hope to hell not. One of the best things about a Detroit-Chicago matchup: No throwback jerseys are necessary. The candy-stripe jerseys are terrible. And I don't know why everyone considers them such a traditional throwback - they were only worn for two years, separated by one.

And those old Blackhawks (actually Black Hawks) jerseys are like watching a test pattern. They need to come with epilepsy warnings.

I hope to hell not. One of the best things about a Detroit-Chicago matchup: No throwback jerseys are necessary. The candy-stripe jerseys are terrible. And I don't know why everyone considers them such a traditional throwback - they were only worn for two years, separated by one.

And those old Blackhawks (actually Black Hawks) jerseys are like watching a test pattern. They need to come with epilepsy warnings.

Why not the winged-wheel sweaters from the Howe years? Looks pretty similar but still a vintage throwback, from the franchise's golden age at that.

They just better not make them powder blue like they did for Pittsburgh. I have a deep hatred to any sports appareal that are pink or powder blue!

I think they should leave them alone and add patch or something to them!

They just better not make them powder blue like they did for Pittsburgh. I have a deep hatred to any sports appareal that are pink or powder blue!

+looks at his san deigo chargers 3rd jersey+ hey...

Pittsburgh's original colors were powder blue and navy blue. It's not like it was a random decision.

Why not the winged-wheel sweaters from the Howe years? Looks pretty similar but still a vintage throwback, from the franchise's golden age at that.

Because that wasn't really a design change, more of an evolution of material, and I think because of that it would look goofy. To "throw back" to any year more recent than 1956 would result in essentially the same jersey, because that's when the Wings put the red on the sleeve instead of just a thin red stripe. And to throw back any further than that, except for the one season of '55-'56, means the Blackhawks would have to wear those awful seizure-causing licorice stripes. I suppose it'd be OK if the Wings wore red and the Hawks white, going against the grain, because the stripes weren't present on the Hawks whites, and they had a different logo.

...well if they decide to go with a vintage throwback, why not go with a Detroit Falcons or Cougars sweater? Still not as cool as the Winged Wheel, but if they want throwback it's better than the striped crap...