• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Yzerfan1999

I miss this guy...

Rate this topic

Guest Yzer19

You miss Dandelion?

Wow... are we soft.

Dandelion, that's a good one. About the only thing I liked about Dandelion was that he could play both forward or defense. Of course, he wasn't all that good at either position.

I definitely don't miss Dandy....we saw the one highlight of his Wings tenure going almost end-to-end setting up a goal....Lebda does that on an almost nightly basis with I'd say more consistency.

He really hasn't done much in Montreal either....but he's with his favourite team so all the power to him.

The high point of Dandy's Red Wing tenure.

Oh man. I was just about to mention that exact same play. It was pure beauty. End to end and at his speed..just amazing.

Dandenault (at least in his time with the Wings) was much better than Lebda is now.

Let's not forget that naturally, Dandy is a forward. In his last few years as a Wing, Scotty made him go back and forth from Offense to Defense. I guess in the end, he was better on D.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

I miss Dandenault also. Why exactly did he leave? Did Holland not want him or did he not want to play here? I mean, I look at his replacements now (Lilja and Lebda) and it's quite a shame that he wasn't brought back. He was a versitle player, and he wasn't afraid to defend his teammates either.

Ugh. A decent replacement would have been fine, but Lilja and Lebda both suck. Dandy was a way better player, and I take him back over either of them immediately.

I miss Dandenault also. Why exactly did he leave? Did Holland not want him or did he not want to play here? I mean, I look at his replacements now (Lilja and Lebda) and it's quite a shame that he wasn't brought back. He was a versitle player, and he wasn't afraid to defend his teammates either.

Ugh. A decent replacement would have been fine, but Lilja and Lebda both suck. Dandy was a way better player, and I take him back over either of them immediately.

They were trying to move him for years. I'm guessing he was let go because we had to cut our salary to make the new salary cap after the lockout.

Guest DetroitIan

I dont miss him at all. Sure, he had speed. But other than that, he's worthless. I had a huge smile on my face the day we got rid of him. :D

I have to admit, I miss him too. I still keep an eye out to see how he does. I mean, once a Red Wing, always a Wing at heart.

I spoke to Dandy abour 7 months ago, I asked him if he missed the wings and he responded " I love playing here in Montreal but I have some really nice rings from Detroit"

I liked Dandy too, but I think that we are fine on D.

Dandy & Steve Duchesne made a great #5/#6 pairing for our Cup winning team in 2002 :thumbup:

Yeah, where are all the French-Canadians now? That's an element sorely missed on this team.

Before any of you Don Cherry wannabes crap your pants:

1) I'm serious.

2) I don't care what you think about who wears a visor, or is "soft."

He's French and won Cups. So the Habs gave him more than double what we were prepared to give him. I think they gave him close to $2M/yr, and there was no way we could absorb that when we had to cut our payroll in half. Lilly, Lebda, and Chelios combined made less than Dandy I think.

Yeah, where are all the French-Canadians now? That's an element sorely missed on this team.

Before any of you Don Cherry wannabes crap your pants:

1) I'm serious.

2) I don't care what you think about who wears a visor, or is "soft."

Best part, Dandenault didnt wear a visor nor was he soft :D