• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Lidstrom + Hasek videos on YouTube

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

There's thus dude Vega21 on YouTube who makes some of the most incredible hockey videos I've seen on the net. He recently made one on Hasek and one on Lidstrom; this is awesome, as I've been waiting forever for a good video on each of them. He's somehow got a lot of footage that is very difficult to find, too. All in all, I think I've watched each one four or five times. He's got many more about other players as well; if you watch another, I recommend his video on Hossa. That guy is outrageously good.

Anyway, links to the videos:

Lidstrom:

Hasek:

Enjoy.

Guest Crymson

Don't worry Vega21... I mean Crymson.... I'll keep your secret ;););)

I wish I had all that footage. I've asked him if he'll make one about the '02 series between the Wings and the Avs; he seems to have a lot of footage from it.

That Lids video just reminded me how deadly accurate he is with his shot and how deft he is at breaking a play up with what seems like no effort at all. The one he grabs from Grier and just throws back to the forwards through his own legs. Simply beautiful.

I bet Grier sees Nick's stick in his nightmares. That could have been a series saving save.

Hasek is just amazing. That man could play until he was 60 and he would still be better than alot of goalies out there, (Jiggy I'm looking at you.)

True up until you questioned Giggy's skill. That just makes you sounds like a homer. JSG single handedly stole games from the wings in the WCF this year.

I think they should make a BobbyOrr trophy as best offensive defenseman, not that, that automatically makes the Norris the Lidstrom. He would have to win it a few more times though, I mean Orr did win it 8 times in a row. Now that is impressive s***, but I think Harvey had 7 wins which would put him ahead of nick.

But give Lids 5-6 more years in the league and he should get 2-3 more norris trophies.

IMHO no homerism, he is bar none the best defensive defenseman the league has seen since Harvey. And he may even turn out to be better when we start looking back on his career with historical perspective.

The man is the definition of Defenseman.

I think they should make a BobbyOrr trophy as best offensive defenseman, not that, that automatically makes the Norris the Lidstrom. He would have to win it a few more times though, I mean Orr did win it 8 times in a row. Now that is impressive s***, but I think Harvey had 7 wins which would put him ahead of nick.

But give Lids 5-6 more years in the league and he should get 2-3 more norris trophies.

IMHO no homerism, he is bar none the best defensive defenseman the league has seen since Harvey. And he may even turn out to be better when we start looking back on his career with historical perspective.

I like the Norris trophy the way it is now, because it goes to the best overall defensemen, which is exactly the way it should be. I get offended whenever someone suggests that there should be a best defensive defensemen trophy, because that makes it sound like Lidstrom can't play in his own zone, and let's face it, he's the only one ever winning this trophy, so it's hard to argue that those comments aren't directed at him. There's a good reason that guys like Zubov, Stevens, Foote, and Gonchar have never won this trophy, namely that they weren't as well rounded as guys like Lidstrom, Pronger, or Bourque.

I like the Norris trophy the way it is now, because it goes to the best overall defensemen, which is exactly the way it should be. I get offended whenever someone suggests that there should be a best defensive defensemen trophy, because that makes it sound like Lidstrom can't play in his own zone, and let's face it, he's the only one ever winning this trophy, so it's hard to argue that those comments aren't directed at him. There's a good reason that guys like Zubov, Stevens, Foote, and Gonchar have never won this trophy, namely that they weren't as well rounded as guys like Lidstrom, Pronger, or Bourque.

I agree with you I think that the Norris goes to the MVD *Most Valuable Defenseman.

I was just thinking an offensive trophy for D-men.

True up until you questioned Giggy's skill. That just makes you sounds like a homer. JSG single handedly stole games from the wings in the WCF this year.

Well I question his skill when you look at his pad size, in past posts about pad size I have expressed this view: When you can stand there and barley move at all, and stop the puck it really doesnt constitute skill. It also doesn't help I have never liked him...or Brodeur for that matter.

Edited by Gordie Howe hat trick

As someone who is especially familiar with the Glass Domino's career, I rate this video merely average, and I'm not being overly critical. Way way waaaaaaay too much "filler" video from the 2002 playoffs. If this vid is made to impress this is not the way to do it with so many non-highlight type saves. Dominik's main career was with Buffalo, and then he came to Detroit to win the Cup b/c he couldn't do it with Buffalo, a la Bourque to Colorado from Boston. The difference is, Hasek stuck around a lot longer than Bourque did after he did it, and Bourque was a lot younger when he entered the league. So, it's not really accurate to force people to judge the Dom on his senior years in the league (which this video is probably 80% comprised of or more) despite the fact that he has delayed retirement longer than most.

With all of the 2002 footage, this guy left out the best save Hasek made that season, in that 3-2 Philly game early in the year when he made the save from in front and then did the split and caught the puck off I believe it was Recchi. And there are countless other saves from his Buffalo career that are neglected. What about some Ottawa footage, he was really great for Ottawa before being hurt, anyone watching those games knows this. What about some clips from Chicago/Pittsburgh '92 which are readily available (just like most of the footage in this). An OK vid but not very comprehensive.

As someone who is especially familiar with the Glass Domino's career, I rate this video merely average, and I'm not being overly critical. Way way waaaaaaay too much "filler" video from the 2002 playoffs. If this vid is made to impress this is not the way to do it with so many non-highlight type saves. Dominik's main career was with Buffalo, and then he came to Detroit to win the Cup b/c he couldn't do it with Buffalo, a la Bourque to Colorado from Boston. The difference is, Hasek stuck around a lot longer than Bourque did after he did it, and Bourque was a lot younger when he entered the league. So, it's not really accurate to force people to judge the Dom on his senior years in the league (which this video is probably 80% comprised of or more) despite the fact that he has delayed retirement longer than most.

With all of the 2002 footage, this guy left out the best save Hasek made that season, in that 3-2 Philly game early in the year when he made the save from in front and then did the split and caught the puck off I believe it was Recchi. And there are countless other saves from his Buffalo career that are neglected. What about some Ottawa footage, he was really great for Ottawa before being hurt, anyone watching those games knows this. What about some clips from Chicago/Pittsburgh '92 which are readily available (just like most of the footage in this). An OK vid but not very comprehensive.

Considering that there wasn't much in the way of digital video until the late 90's, and even that was pretty sparse, I think the video was pretty darn good.

Have you ever gone back and watched a video tape that you recorded in the 90's? It looks awful, if it even plays.

If you think you can do better, Youtube allows uploads from everyone.

With all of the 2002 footage, this guy left out the best save Hasek made that season, in that 3-2 Philly game early in the year when he made the save from in front and then did the split and caught the puck off I believe it was Recchi.

Like Shadow, I am a long-time fan of Dom's and have tons of footage and evidence of Hasek's incredible career. I actually remember the save he's describing. It defies belief, which was plainly written on the Recchi's face. He looked like someone kicked him where it really hurts. :crazy:

Shadow, people judge Dom however they want. Evidence doesn't really matter, facts are relative. We know the truth. ;)

Aye, so this be highlights o' thar career. Me be thinkin' it be a fan fic "shipping" th' two landlubbers by th' title. Hastrom or Lidsek

Edited by OsGOD

Guest Yzer19

My guess is when Lidstrom finishes his career, he will be considered one of the top 10 hockey players of all-time and either the #1 or the #2 Detroit Red Wing player of all-time behind only Howe.

Edited by Yzer19