• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Yzerfan1999

Bergeron Hurt

Rate this topic

He didn't get run. It was a chase for the puck, he got low to put the brakes on and got crunched into the lip on the boards. during 2nd intermission Jones had a statement read. "...i'm sorry I hit him like that, that's not my normal style of play, hope all works out for him... blah, blah, blah"

that'll definetly leave a mark, tho. looks bad on the re-play, I don't think there was malice in the hit, just an ugly pileup.

Just heard it on HNIC.

concussion and a broke nose... Patrice "lucky" Bergeron

get well soon.

Seriously... thats all???

thank god!

I mean that looked horrific. Makes you want the mandatory whistle for icing... especially watching so many OHL games now.

Edited by OsGOD

Suspension? I don't know...Hit to the head sure and it looked nasty - but there wasn't any "malice" nor could I notice any kind of intent to injure, he just went a bit too far. Maybe a few games who knows. But it looks more accidental in that he was as badly hurt as he was...

Suspension? I don't know...Hit to the head sure and it looked nasty - but there wasn't any "malice" nor could I notice any kind of intent to injure, he just went a bit too far. Maybe a few games who knows. But it looks more accidental in that he was as badly hurt as he was...

Regardless if it was an accident, or intentional, Jones has a few thing working against him:

1. Downie

2. Boulerice

3. Jones also plays for the Flyers

4. NHL supposed 'crackdown' this year

It was a hit to the head. If the NHL is really going to be tough on hits to the head, Jones will be suspended.

It wasent a dirty hit, but it really hurt Bergeron, he left the arena unconsicious and it wouldnt surprise me if that neck is broken.

How can you say it wasn't a dirty hit!!?? He lined him up and crushed him from behind. He never tried to hold himself up, he extended himself and finished the check all while being squared up with the name and number on the back of the jersey. The only thing he didn't do was leave his feet, thank God for that because he probably would have killed him. What can come from a check like that besides an injury? Jones saw he was in a vulnerable and didn't slow down at all. If it wasn't dirty, why did Jones come during the intermission and apologize and say that he doesn't play like that? It was a dirty cheap shot from a franchise that has decided that they are going to crush everyone on the ice whether it is clean or not. They don't care if the injure someone and most games they look to!

Edited by LIDDYGIBBY5

Makes you want the mandatory whistle for icing...

Would be a start for sure.

True, however this case it was just a dump in. Becareful what you wish for Betmen would probably love to take hitting out of the game so people score more and it brings more fans.

Makes you want the mandatory whistle for icing...

Would be a start for sure.

Jones' hit had nothing to do with icing; it was one played gathering up the puck from a dump-in and another player viciously boarding him. That should be a significant suspension, although he didn't seem to have the intent to injure like Downie and Boulerice, so it shouldn't be that steep.

Jones' hit had nothing to do with icing; it was one played gathering up the puck from a dump-in and another player viciously boarding him. That should be a significant suspension, although he didn't seem to have the intent to injure like Downie and Boulerice, so it shouldn't be that steep.

Yup. I think he'll get something like 10 games for that.

Regardless if it was an accident, or intentional, Jones has a few thing working against him:

1. Downie

2. Boulerice

3. Jones also plays for the Flyers

4. NHL supposed 'crackdown' this year

It was a hit to the head. If the NHL is really going to be tough on hits to the head, Jones will be suspended.

Summed that up very nicely indeed...