• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CAredwingsfan91

Anaheim Duck fans

Rate this topic

So my cousin has season tickets for the Ducks and we recently went to a game when they played Nashville, he knows i've always hated the Ducks (my dad's company he works for used to have a suite there until they started winning, free tickets, can't beat that right?) well i decided to go the game with a slightly good buzz on. Let me just say my buzz was dead the second the game started all i heard from the people around me was "man number 25 he is a monster!" "wait i dont know whats going on wheres that black thing they keep hitting around?" "why does everybody get excited when number 16 has that puck thing?" Need I say more? Sorry I just had to rant, its exactly why I hate going there and why I'm glad the company my dad works for cancelled that suite.

haha un-educated fans who all are covinced that Pronger is a god and that is NOT a dirty player.

I never thought I'd say this but I miss the "Mighty Ducks" they may not have been as good a team as the new Ducks but they were a lot cleaner team back then as well.

Its Pronger whatever team he plays tends to become a hackass, goon squad. with the exception of St. Lois they breed goons in that city.

haha un-educated fans who all are covinced that Pronger is a god and that is NOT a dirty player.

I never thought I'd say this but I miss the "Mighty Ducks" they may not have been as good a team as the new Ducks but they were a lot cleaner team back then as well.

Its Pronger whatever team he plays tends to become a hackass, goon squad. with the exception of St. Lois they breed goons in that city.

All I have to say about the Ducks is that I think they kept the wrong end of their original name. It would have been way cool to go with "The Anahiem Mighty". Just think of the possiblities for a logo and mascot and its just a hell of a lot cooler than The Ducks.

Here, give it a try: "The Anaheim Mighty". Kinda cool, huh.

Other than that, I don't have too much to say about the Mighty... I mean the Ducks.

i'm callin' bs on this thread.

Same here.

I know some people who don't watch hockey at all, from southern states for that matter, but they at least know what the sport is about. I doubt they are that stupid.

St. Louis doesn't bread goons they just think goons bring Championships so they bring in talentless goons. I hate everything about California hockey teams. Also everyone I know that has meet Pronger thinks he is an ass, even die-hard Pronger fans, that guy sucks

This is off-topic but since it deals with the Ducks I thought I'd post here rather than make a new thread.

I don't care what anyone says, J.S.Giguire is the most entertaining player in the NHL.

The other night I watched him get burned on some goals that every other goalie in the league would stop.

It's highly entertaining to watch Ultraman slowly turn his body or try to move but can't because he has no athletecism or skill and is trapped in an overabundance of padding.

He reminds me of one of the goalies from an old table-hockey game of mine. The goalie simply moves east and west. No glove hand or blocker. No diving, flopping or making acrobatic saves. He's very simple at what he does. If the shot is on net and it doesn't hit a peice of him, it's a goal.

That's J.S. to a "T". Don't expect any glove saves or desperation saves. He simply doesn't have the talent for that. Once he's squared up, that's where he stays.

It's like watching a damn sasquatch on ice out there.

Hahaha! I love how Burke spent a combined $15M+ on 3 players that are either hurt or hores**t for him this year. JS is making over $6M a season and he's a terrific 1-3 this season. Well done Michelen man! Way to steal some games for your team. But it's not his fault. You need actual skill to steal games as a goaltender!

hahahaha!

Edited by Hank

This is off-topic but since it deals with the Ducks I thought I'd post here rather than make a new thread.

I don't care what anyone says, J.S.Giguire is the most entertaining player in the NHL.

The other night I watched him get burned on some goals that every other goalie in the league would stop.

It's highly entertaining to watch Ultraman slowly turn his body or try to move but can't because he has no athletecism or skill and is trapped in an overabundance of padding.

He reminds me of one of the goalies from an old table-hockey game of mine. The goalie simply moves east and west. No glove hand or blocker. No diving, flopping or making acrobatic saves. He's very simple at what he does. If the shot is on net and it doesn't hit a peice of him, it's a goal.

That's J.S. to a "T". Don't expect any glove saves or desperation saves. He simply doesn't have the talent for that. Once he's squared up, that's where he stays.

Hahaha! I love how Burke spent a combined $15M+ on 3 players that are either hurt or hores**t for him this year. JS is making over $6M a season and he's a terrific 1-3 this season. Well done Michelen man! Way to steal some games for your team. But it's not his fault. You need actual skill to steal games as a goaltender!

hahahaha!

wow i nver knew a Stanley cup winning and playoff MVP goaltender can have limited talent.. :unsure: and cmon some goalies have bad starts to a season and with him only having played in 5 games this season so far coming off a surgery u cant expect much. and actually he hasent allowed THAT many goals. a goalie cant win a game when all he is doing is facing shots all game long and not getting any help from his D and his Offense. JS is a great goalie give it some time :clap: . Giggy did steal some games for the ducks VS the wings in the playoffs so dont say he cant steal games

Edited by Duck Guy

hahahaha!

I do not understand how someone with a career GAA of 2.48 and a SV % of .914 is making $6M+. The guy is vastly overrated, he is not very agile at all, has trouble handling the puck, is probably he worse goalie in shootouts I have ever seen, and is a very one-dimensional goaltender. All he does he square up to the shooter and try to cover as much of the net as possible. Just an average goaltender if you ask me.

Maybe he's average in the regular season- I dunno since I don't make it a habit to watch the Ducks... but he has stolen his share of playoff games. Hell, he was a huge reason the Ducks made it to a Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals against NJ a few years back. He even won the Conn Smythe that season.... He doesn't wow with acrobatic saves becuase he doesn't need to since he is so rarely out of position.

That all said I hate the Ducks! (at least Pronger, Getzlaf and Perry)

Same here.

I know some people who don't watch hockey at all, from southern states for that matter, but they at least know what the sport is about. I doubt they are that stupid.

No, they are. I went to the parade when the Canes won and was amazed at the stupidity. One woman went excited when Cam Ward was holding the Conn Smythe trophy and started yelling "Stanley Cup, Stanley Cup!" Someone else kept referring to it as the Laura (for Lord?) Stanley Cup. The kicker for me was when a friend of mine went to a Canes game and his father stood up to leave after the "Second Half" (apparently he didn't know about the rule of three periods).

I agree that this post is BS, although I went to Texas once and the family that I was staying with allowed me to watch the Wings vs Stars game on tv. The father of the household got excited when the Wings were scored on, yelling "he shot the puck from out of the blue thing- thats two points!!"

This, I promise you, is not BS

hahahaha!

Giggy is reason #1 why the league needs to go back to 70s/80s sized goalie equipment.

This clip shows how a non-cup winning Conn Smythe winner ought to be playing.

Giggy is reason #1 why the league needs to go back to 70s/80s sized goalie equipment.

This clip shows how a non-cup winning Conn Smythe winner ought to be playing.

Couldn't agree more.

I always liked Hextall and how he played on the edge, moving around instead of standing there like a giant mattress on skates.

Say what you want about Dom, but when he was in his prime he was damn entertaining to watch as well.

I also think they need to get rid of the trapezoid...let them play the puck!

In Anaheim Hockey and the NHL is like NLL here. What's the NLL you say? It's the National Lacrosse League. How many of us know Lacrosse? I don't, and I don't really care. Also it's like Nascar here, again, I don't know about it and I don't care.

The vast majority of people in Anaheim didn't grow up with Hockey, like us in Southern Ontario and Michigan, so obviously they don't know the rules. Oh well, atleast they're at a game.

Aren't these threads getting old? They're pretentious. Until Red Wings fans start filling the Joe again (and I understand there are all sorts of reasons why this isn't happening), we shouldn't talk too much about other fans' shortcomings.

I've been to many games at the Ponda Center, as well as Staples and the Shark Tank, and I agree that the fans in Anaheim are the least knowledgable of the three--but they're also the newest, and they'll get better. There are also some very knowledgable fans there. Kings fans are more knowledgable overall but are also (understandably) more bitter--you hear many more "[insert opponent's name here] suck" chants than "Lets go Kings" chants. Sharks fans are the most enthusiastic and overall the most knowledgable.

hahahaha!

LOL!! So true... Watching Giguere in net makes me wanna barf. He's had that huge equipment for a while now so im assuming its legal so i guess its just that no other goalie in there right mind would feel comfortable with that kind of equipment. I mean the man's chest protector comes out about 5 feet and his shoulder pads are insane and exceed above his helmet when he decides to smash down onto the ice and go butterfly.

Caught the Wings in Anaheim a few years ago, and finally got so frustrated with the ignorant fans that when Cheli hand-passed the puck to another teammate on a PK, the whole group around me stood up looking at the ref, yelling "C'mon!!!" and I instantly snapped "Hand pass is LEGAL in the defensive zone!!!" and that shut everyone up. My wife likes that I can yell things and still keep my entire focus on the action.

Who's surprised from the Ducks one hit wonder? What are they now, like 2-9-3 or something? Aweful!

Buzz kill at it's finest.. for the fans :hehe:

actually they are 4-7-2 thnks to injuries and not being able to score and like described on the ducks forum the Scott Niedermayer and temmu selanne hostage crises... lol and i would like to add Octobers where never nice to the ducks with the exception of last season.

Edited by Duck Guy

Maybe he's average in the regular season- I dunno since I don't make it a habit to watch the Ducks... but he has stolen his share of playoff games. Hell, he was a huge reason the Ducks made it to a Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals against NJ a few years back. He even won the Conn Smythe that season.... He doesn't wow with acrobatic saves becuase he doesn't need to since he is so rarely out of position.

That all said I hate the Ducks! (at least Pronger, Getzlaf and Perry)

But that's just it. It used to be that if you played a butterfly style you had to have quick reflexes to stop high-shots. That's why Butterfly goalies rarely existed up to the early 90's. Guys like Felix Potvin could get away with it because of a quick glovehand or blocker.

But Giggy stuffs his pads so full that he doesn't need quick reflexes. If all you can brag about is having good positioning, then you're overrated and an overpaid goalie at $6M.

I disagree that he 'stole' games for the Ducks in '03. But maybe it's my interpretation. Luongo steals games and it's because he'll make a stop when you didn't think it was possible to preserve a game or keep it close. Giggy doesn't make stops like that. He's either in position or he's not. When caught out of position it's a goal 100% of the time. Or if a player is able to shoot on net, where it's not on target to hit his ginormous pads, it's also in the net. How many goals have we seen him give up from 20 feet out and nobody screening him because he was simply too slow? Lilja's playoff goal comes to mind. Or how about the one where Cheli rang one off the post from the blueline. Every NHL goalie and even AHL goalie would have stopped that. Not Giggy. 75% of his game is pads. If the NHL made him shrink his gear to the size of what guys wore in the 80's he'd have a 4.50 GAA and a .650 Save %.

Giggy sucks.