• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Canadian Wings

Wings join Forsberg hunt

Rate this topic

if forsberg was centering the 2nd line with the young kids hudler and filppula just imagine the seasons they'd have ...... im aware some of you think he's old , finished and also hes an ex avalanche so you hate him but facts are if he's healthy for the playoffs which is all that matters and it doesnt cost us a crazy amount of cash then we'd be fools to pass up on him , and holland's no fool

Have to agree, and it would be all the more sweet pissing off Avs fans if they saw Forsberg dressed in the Winged Wheel :cool:

Lots of members are posting in the thread Better together than appart that they want zet dats and homer to continue to play together even if it means only one scoring line

Take Forsberg in second line with hudler and filp

you will have 2 scoring line and the 2 young will learn a lot with Forsberg centering them

...bottom line, if Forsberg (or Fedorov) were on the team last playoff season, one of them would have scored at least ONE power play goal during the 5 on 3's we had against Anaheim. If that would've happened then we'd be defending Stanley Cup Champs this year...

Guest lnvincible

Why you think some many teams what him? Teams last year saw how physcial and hungry he was for another ring on his hand. I mean in my opinion he's a GREAT player to pick up. He's consistent in the season and a monster in the playoffs. He'd be a perfect fit for Detroit. I think its raither between Sens , and D-Town. You'll see where he goes :) Lets cross our fingers and hope for the best ;)

If Forsberg can prove he's healthy I'd like to hear one actual reason why the Wings shouldn't sign him. He's exactly what this team needs right now, and would cost the Wings no prospects or picks.

If the price and terms are in line, there's no reason the Wings shouldn't go after him.

We do not need Forskin, I would rather see them pursue Sundin if the Leafs are out of or maybee Doan then to waist money on Forskin :thumbdown:

Sundin or Doan.........yeah, that should cost the Wings practically nothing in draft picks or prospects. Good thing in the new NHL those things aren't important. [/sarcasm]

Again, the Wings *can't* continue to throw away these vital parts of the future. I don't get how people struggle to understand that these aren't the free-wheeling days of 5 years ago.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Geez - I really hope your menstrual cycle ends soon.

Yeah, pretty ridiculous for me to actually want to have a conversation about a legitimate player coming to the Wings rather than poke 3rd grade insults at him.

Is this better? I HATEZ THE FORSKIN! HE SUCKZZ!

Sidenote: It wasn't a knock on you, but the people that say "no" to a player like Forsberg without any reasoning. Ease up.

I'd love it if foppa came here. But we will need another top 6 forward for him to play with, time to trade away the 3rd line plugs playing on the 2nd line.

Honestly I can't see how people are against him playing in Detroit, he is one of the most dynamic players to ever play, especially in the playoffs. Who cares if he gets signed and only plays the playoffs, he'll still end up with more points then the 2nd line.

Try having a conversation/discussion without talking down to someone.

F.Michael,

shooting for the moon a little aren't you here.

Having people talk in normal conversation on this board would be like having Brittney Spears putting her kids in car seats!

Try having a conversation/discussion without talking down to someone.

Wow

Just because I don't agree with everyone on this site doesn't mean I'm talking down to them. Sorry I don't happen to agree with a lot of your views, but it sure as hell doesn't mean I'm talking down to you nor others. The majority of this board knows that.

Sidenote: I'm still awaiting a resposne from anyone as to concrete reasoning on why Forsberg shouldn't be on the Wings given that he can prove he's healthy. Stick around, you may "get" your wish.

Maybe animosity?

If Forsberg is "healthy", & comes in @ a reasonable price; sign him!

Ok, the animosity thing is the main reason I feel the majority of the board is using as reason to not sign Forsberg. However, considering that the rivalry died a long time ago, I don't feel its still an issue.

Of course it'll sting a little at first seeing him don the Winged Wheel, but it'll be no different than when Cheli came to Detroit. The rivalry had died well before that trade, and the DET/COL rivalry was in full force at that point. Now, I think its the same thing with Forsberg.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Why not sign him! I think he would be a good addition to the 2nd line and we could keep DZH together. But then again I thought Bertuzzi would be good for us last year. :crazy:

I think Forsberg is a bad idea. He'll want a long-ish contract and he'll want a decent sum of money. Which wont be very much fun when we have to try and sign Zetterberg, Franzen, Kopecky and Ellis next season. Not to mention Filppula, Cleary, Drake, Downey, Lidstrom, Chelios, Lija, Quincey, Osgood and Howard this season.

I think we should get somebody cheaper...and younger...and with stronger ankels

Edited by Elshupacabra