• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Saran

Fabian Brunnstrom

Rate this topic

3rd Topic On This Kid. Man O Man, He must be good. Kenny needs to hurry up and sign this kid. Ok read it, After march or april we can sign him.. Make it happen, We could use a cheap 2nd liner

Edited by Grittzkey

3rd Topic On This Kid. Man O Man, He must be good. Kenny needs to hurry up and sign this kid. Ok read it, After march or april we can sign him.. Make it happen, We could use a cheap 2nd liner

oops, I just did a quick scroll and didn't see any.

They talked about him on Hockey Night in Canada last night.. aparently he is interested in 3 teams.. Toronto, Vancouver, or Detroit... Aparently the Leafs have already sent some representatives down to meet with him and his family..

Bringing someone like Brunnstrom in definitly makes more sense (and sounds more appealing) than bringing in a washed up injured loser like Peter Forsberg.

Plus, if it get's Samuelsson off the 2nd line and off the team for good, it can only be a good thing, right? :D

Edited by Kp-Wings

Bringing someone like Brunnstrom in definitly makes more sense (and sounds more appealing) than bringing in a washed up injured loser like Peter Forsberg.

Plus, if it get's Samuelsson off the 2nd line and off the team for good, it can only be a good thing, right? :D

It's not like the guy would play here immediately...he's still a while away, I think. I highly doubt he could jump right in and be effective on the smaller surface.

Edited by ARice89

It's not like the guy would play here immediately...he's still a while away, I think. I highly doubt he could jump right in and be effective on the smaller surface.

That's what the Red Wings would need to offer to get this guy. He's not going to come all the way over here to sit in the minors. Toronto can easily offer him a roster spot and playing time.

He's really developed explosively the past year and he will be picked up by a team during the off-season. Apparently he's given his agent a short-list of teams that he'd like to play for. No teams have been confirmed but the list is rumoured to include the Wings, Canucks and the Leafs (Linky). He is a center tho which isn't exactly what Detroit really needs but if he can get signed to an ok deal then it should be done.

He's really developed explosively the past year and he will be picked up by a team during the off-season. Apparently he's given his agent a short-list of teams that he'd like to play for. No teams have been confirmed but the list is rumoured to include the Wings, Canucks and the Leafs (Linky). He is a center tho which isn't exactly what Detroit really needs but if he can get signed to an ok deal then it should be done.

He's a center, but if he can come over and immediately step in a la Daniel Alfredsson, we can find a space for him.

Think about it...

Hudler/Zetterberg/Holmstrom

Filppula/Datsyuk/Cleary

Franzen/Bruunstrom/Samuelsson

Maltby/Draper/Kopecky

That's a pretty nice lineup.

Toronto will get him to play with Sundin. We dont need him.

Sure we don't need him but we might want him anyway if he comes for cheap. There's a lot of upside here. And I still dont really understand why he'd WANT to sign with a Toronto that's actively crumbling.

If we dumped Sammy, and signed this kid. I'd be ok with that.

I could see him going to Toronto mainly because, biggest hockey base in the world, Mats Sundin, and another young swede in Steen. Plus they'd give him like a 1 million dollar entry level deal.

If we dumped Sammy, and signed this kid. I'd be ok with that.

I could see him going to Toronto mainly because, biggest hockey base in the world, Mats Sundin, and another young swede in Steen. Plus they'd give him like a 1 million dollar entry level deal.

True. But their track record with Brunnstrom isn't very good: "They were unwilling to sign Brunnstrom unless he was willing to play for the Toronto Marlies of the American League and the Leafs refused to budge. " (Linky)

He's a center, but if he can come over and immediately step in a la Daniel Alfredsson, we can find a space for him.

Think about it...

Hudler/Zetterberg/Holmstrom

Filppula/Datsyuk/Cleary

Franzen/Bruunstrom/Samuelsson

Maltby/Draper/Kopecky

That's a pretty nice lineup.

He's not a center. Edited by Systemfel

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

According to mlive and several other websites Ken Holland personally has met with Brunnstrom and his family, wining and dining. Lets hope its in the bag although he may be antoher Jiri Dopita or w.e

According to mlive and several other websites Ken Holland personally has met with Brunnstrom and his family, wining and dining. Lets hope its in the bag although he may be antoher Jiri Dopita or w.e

Jiri Dopita was only ever 'great' in one situation; centering Jaromir Jagr on the Czech national team. He was the best player on his team in the Czech Extraliga, but one of the other top forwards on his team was NHL washout Josef Beranek...so that's not as impressive. That and Dopita was 33 when he came over...Bruunstrom is 23. Getting better, not worse.

umm steen is a canadian? he is from winnipeg and his dad used to play for the jets

Um... Internationally he represents Sweden, he grew up in Sweden, played for Frölunda HC for ten years and has a Swedish nationality. He does have a Canadian citizenship too, probably because he was born there.