• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DenJ91

Fedorov back on the wings?

Rate this topic

They'll do so without Jiri Novotny, who gets a game off to rest his shoulder. C Sergei Fedorov will not play tonight, but all signs point to him playing in St. Louis on Sunday.

The buzz in Detroit is that Fedorov is on his way to the Red Wings at the trade deadline. Scott Howson spent half of the morning skate in conversation with Wings' GM Ken Holland and assistant GM Jim Nill. At one point, they'll all three let out a hearty laugh. Maybe Howson asked for Pavel Datsyuk.

Anyway, it's a little premature to say that Fedorov is on his way to Detroit. It wouldn't shock me, but I don't think he'll be moved until right before the deadline. We shall see.

from puck rackers blog http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/

My suggestion to anybody who wants this to happen, like I do, is to go to Red Wings home page and click on "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page and send an e-mail to general management and tell them. I'm sure it's very annoying but I doubt they read it or care what I think anyway.

Edited by KDDRWINGS1

My suggestion to anybody who wants this to happen, like I do, is to go to Red Wings home page and click on "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page and send an e-mail to general management and tell them. I'm sure it's very annoying but I doubt they read it or care what I think anyway.

I've tried that already. If something like that worked, we'd already have Erskine, McGrattan, and Boogaard on this roster. :)

Guest CaliWingsNut
i hate the flyers so much. i don't know how i could route for a team i hate so much. what a nightmare.

Try living in SoCal... yay! go Ducks & Kings! :puke:

-----------------

Fed would be good on our team for the double coverage, but I haven't kept track of how well or poorly he has done since leaving. From the sounds of it on here, he hasn't done a whole lot. There's likely a reason he isn't on a better team already than the BJ's if that is the case.

I also think that his record is carrying him, and that will result in us having to pay more than what he is worth to us. I just think that it's much more likely that a more desprate team w/ bigger pockets will waste their cash.

Edit: clarity

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Try living in SoCal... yay! go Ducks & Kings! :puke:

-----------------

Fed would be good on our team for the double coverage, but I haven't kept track of how well or poorly he has done since leaving. From the sounds of it on here, he hasn't done a whole lot. There's likely a reason he isn't on a better team already than the BJ's if that is the case.

I also think that his record is carrying him, and that will result in us having to pay more than what he is worth to us. I just think that it's much more likely that a more desprate team w/ bigger pockets will waste their cash.

Edit: clarity

I actually think feds would take a home team discount to come back here to be quite honest.

The reason he isn't on a better team than the BJ's is because of contract and even the sucky teams are allowed to have "decent" players on their rosters. If the team you are on makes whether your are good or not, then why is Rick Nash still on the BJ's... simple answer, you have to play somewhere there is only 30 teams available...

Feds is 4th on the team in over all scoring behind Nash, Zherdev, and Hainsey. He is 4th in the geam in goals behind Nash, Zherdev and Chimera and he has played 14 games less than Zherdev and Chimera, 8 games less than Nash and 7 games less than Hainsey.

he is doing just fine and his output on the BJ's places him in our Top 10 players in Goals, assists and overall points. Not bad considering most in our top 10 have played more games then him also :)

Wondering what it would actually take to get him from BJ? With Forsberg off the market I can only think his value went up...I think he would be a lift for the second line,but I'm not sure what I want to part with to land him.....

Wondering what it would actually take to get him from BJ? With Forsberg off the market I can only think his value went up...I think he would be a lift for the second line,but I'm not sure what I want to part with to land him.....

Sammy? Why not, it would remove him from PP unit at the very least.

I gotta imagine it will take a starter/high level prospect and a draft pick. Sergei is on a team right now that has a shot at making the playoffs, yet they probably know deep down that they have no chance to win it all with the team they have. It'll surprise me if Sergei ISN'T moved before the deadline, seeing as how they want something for him rather then nothing, but they won't dump him for free neither.

IMO, I'd be willing to part with a solid draft pick and a prospect. Obviously that depends on how high of a pick and how high of a prospect but Sergei really can't cost THAT much, nor should the Wings spend that much.

I didn't read every post yet so this may already be posted, but, go to http://www.thefourthperiod.com/ and listen/watch the deadline video that should pop up. Feds is in JLA doing the interview and skating. It may have been for the game they just played but I hope it's a sign of things to come. Like I said, probably already been talked about, but, just in case it wasn't I thought I'd mention it.

feds certainly beat around the bush on all his answers but i have to believe he's being careful on what he says. it's not like he can be like "oh yeah i can't wait to get off this team and join another team" or something like that. he's just playing it safe, saying he's concentrating on getting healthy and winning. 6 days till we know if #91 is back in detroit!!!

I actually think feds would take a home team discount to come back here to be quite honest.

Yeah, kinda like he did 5 yrs ago.

Next Christmas, you got Feds on your rod hockey team, I'll take Kopecky on mine, and we'll see who rocks! :ranting:

Yeah, kinda like he did 5 yrs ago.

Next Christmas, you got Feds on your rod hockey team, I'll take Kopecky on mine, and we'll see who rocks! :ranting:

Fedorov wanted a five year deal. Money was NOT the issue. Quit being ignorant and realize that just because he left, doesn't mean he was being greedy. Unless you're prepared to lump as of yet unscathed Shanahan, Schneider, and others into that group.

Fedorov wanted a five year deal. Money was NOT the issue. Quit being ignorant and realize that just because he left, doesn't mean he was being greedy. Unless you're prepared to lump as of yet unscathed Shanahan, Schneider, and others into that group.

I've read your post saying that he took a 5yr. $40mil deal with Analheim, after we offered him a 4yr. $40mill deal. Thats effectively playing the 5th yr. in Analheim for free. Thats a visiting town discount just to spite the home town team. I never said he was greedy, I think he was a very talented egotistical airhead.

Even if those terms aren't accurate (franky I don't remember or care that much) he left because he felt Detroit wasn't pampering him like he wanted.

But now, he just might take a hometown discount to be back. Hmm. I guess we'll see.

feds played really well tonight in ottawa. scored the game tying goal mid 3rd period, made some really nice moves and played great def as usual. hell hitchcock put him 3rd on the shootout rotation and feds is never in the shootout rotation for whatever reason. zherdev ending it so i didn't get to see what he would have done. i was very annoyed by that. but anyway, hope this win doesn't make howson hesitate on pulling the trigger on trading feds just cause the team is still in the hunt. might as well trade him and get something now because they aren't going to sign him in the offseason thus just loosing him for nothing. come on, trade him to the wings already!!!!

Edited by DenJ91

We'll never know what Feds was really thinking in 2003. It seems he just didn't want to play in Detroit anymore - 5 years at 50 mill was a great deal. This of course deeply hurt most of our feelings - especially for some of us who were his biggest fans and thought he was a franchise player. In retrospect it was a really bad move for him also - he actually made less money in Anaheim (about 8 mill per year) - and hasn't really done much since leaving the Wings. He puts up average numbers - and for Sergei that is just not good. I still think he could come back and make an impact with the Wings. I still remember the day he left painfully, but after 5 years would welcome him back happily.

Feds had his first interview as a capital and some reporter asked him if he was surprised to be trated..he said no but he said he was surprised he went to washington. Then he mentioned that everyone was telling him that he was going to end up in detroit and his response to that was Sure I'll be glad.

God he thought he was going to be in motorcity again lol..it'll come feds it'll come this summer.

heres the press conference it's after the 9th minute.

interview

I've read your post saying that he took a 5yr. $40mil deal with Analheim, after we offered him a 4yr. $40mill deal. Thats effectively playing the 5th yr. in Analheim for free. Thats a visiting town discount just to spite the home town team. I never said he was greedy, I think he was a very talented egotistical airhead.

Even if those terms aren't accurate (franky I don't remember or care that much) he left because he felt Detroit wasn't pampering him like he wanted.

But now, he just might take a hometown discount to be back. Hmm. I guess we'll see.

No. He left because Detroit offered him a five year deal, and when he went to sign the papers, the fifth year was gone. He didn't care about the money; the length was the important thing. Had Holland offered him the same deal Anaheim did, he'd have taken it. Had Holland offered 5 years/30m he'd have probably accepted. MONEY WAS NOT THE ISSUE. It was the offering and then removal of a fifth year.

We'll never know what Feds was really thinking in 2003. It seems he just didn't want to play in Detroit anymore - 5 years at 50 mill was a great deal.

Which is why Fedorov agreed to it. When he showed up to sign papers, it had turned into a 4yr/40m deal.

No. He left because Detroit offered him a five year deal, and when he went to sign the papers, the fifth year was gone. He didn't care about the money; the length was the important thing. Had Holland offered him the same deal Anaheim did, he'd have taken it. Had Holland offered 5 years/30m he'd have probably accepted. MONEY WAS NOT THE ISSUE. It was the offering and then removal of a fifth year.

exactly. :thumbup: the Wings offered a deal that Feds was happy to sign and when he went to sign the contract the terms had changed , even if you're loyal to who you work for . it's a kick in the teeth to get things changed like that . most proud people would do the same and walk away .