• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
12Newf

Report: Brunnstrom chooses Detroit?

Rate this topic

Just to get you up to speed: Grigorenko was in a near fatal car accident.

Might have affected his game a tad bit, turns out ;)

Not to mention his love of chocolate and his disdain for treadmills. ;)

Did Kenny sign Alfredsson over the all-star break?! :blink:

Offensively it's a near push, with Lafie getting the slight nod over Zetterberg, but defensively it goes to Zetterberg hands down. Zetterberg is an overal better player, not to mention Zetta doesn't act like a little b*tch and shoot pucks at players after a period ends, Alfie lacks the class Zetta has.. :nono:

Just to get you up to speed: Grigorenko was in a near fatal car accident.

Might have affected his game a tad bit, turns out ;)

I know i got caugh comparing him to another near fatal car crash victim that worked through it all in in Slava... but yeah.. he had little to know wanting to be work for anything. THe easier things are handed to you, the less of a victory it really is when you receive it.

But who knows.. this kid might be the actual "next one" in the flesh... i shall just wait to get all excited until he actually does something in the big leagues.

Edited by OsGOD

Let's see, play with creepy Twinns on a team that in all actuality doesn't have a chance to win the Stanley Cup...or play with the best Swedish Defensmen in the league along with the best Swedish Forward in the league and a team destroying the NHL and on the verge of winning their 2nd Stanley Cup 6 years...

I couldn't have said it better.

If Brunnstrom signs an entry level contract, would he become an unrestricted free agent after it expired? Or would he remain the team's property as if he was drafted and just be a restricted free agent?

If Brunnstrom signs an entry level contract, would he become an unrestricted free agent after it expired? Or would he remain the team's property as if he was drafted and just be a restricted free agent?
He would be restricted.

I would like to see Detroit sign Brunnstrom. From the look of it, he would seem to fit quite well into our system. Also I thought I saw where many scouts felt that he wouldn't be quite ready to play in the NHL next year anyway, at least not top line minutes that is, but rather the year after. I know Hakan felt that it would be better that he stay in Sweden another year, which would be the only option that Brunnstrom would take anyway, if he didn't make the NHL squad. Vancouver and Toronto might be rare exceptions to the let him develop, since we all know that those lack on the offensive side. If he does go to one of those teams and plays right away, I fear that the pressure may be to great on him and that he won't truly reach his potential. If this happens it mostly likely will cause him to go back to Sweden, even though he will make less, and probably never return across the pond.

On a side note: I wonder if Detroit would be willing to sign his linemate, and former Red Wings draft pick, Mikael Johansson. From what I have seen of him, he looks pretty good. He still is probably a couple years away. I also think that Johansson might be more like Ritola and Ericsson, where he might be more willing to play in Grand Rapids a year or two before playing in the NHL. It seems that Johansson and Brunnstrom have a fairly good chemistry between them also. So that might also mean leaving Johansson in Sweden with Brunnstrom for the sake that they might develop better together, I don't know.

On a second side note: Their line mate Aslund seems to be another interesting player. I am not sure if he still young to draft, but if Detroit was willing to use their 6th or 7th round pick on him, I wouldn't mind. He's 6'2" 194, which is of moderate size. While he doesn't have the points like the other two, some of the video that I have seen shows that he does have some offensive upside to him. Also according to eliteprospects.com he seems to have a rather good defensive game as well. My guess is that if develops to be of NHL caliber, he would be a rather solid 4th line player, a good 3rd line player, or possibly even a 2nd line player (if he puts on a little more weight and is willing to fight in the corners, or possibly take on a Holmstrom like role).

i offer my most sincere apologies to all those whose days have been ruined by this huge mistake i have made. i now know that there is already a thread in the rumor mill about this guy and apparently there have been others in the past. i hope everyone can forget about this and salvage what is left of the day.
I"ll try,but it aint gonna be easy :huh:

well, if it looks like Kenny has this guy in the bag (for next year)... it might just make him more inclined to move a prospect/draft pick or two at the deadline...

I was wondering if anybody can confirm this as I cant remember where or when I saw this, but doesn't Brunnstrom have the same agent as Cleary. If this is true and given that it sounds like Cleary really still wants to be a Wing, does this along with the other facts and reasons stated earlier in this thread, give the Wings an even better shot him or not?

My belief is that if Cleary gets a good deal by the Wings (in the eyes of the agent moreso than Cleary), that might make the agent give the Wings a slightly (not really a whole lot) better chance at signing him.

If he feels the Wings could have done a better deal (again more for his sake than Cleary's) he might try and steer him away from the Wings.

Again I cant confirm that I saw this anywhere, but I am fairly sure I did.

I think that at the end of the day, Fabian will let the agent know his preffered destination.

Nothing to do with what other players the agent has on his books at any team. Look no

further than Brunnstrom's roster #! If he gets a chance to play with one of his idols thats

what'll he be wanting to happen :hockey: