• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sebastian

Jordin Tootoo

Rate this topic

Tough to put homerism aside and be totally objective...but there is no way in hell that I would want that cheap-shotting sob on this team...ever...I don't care what kind of "energy" he would bring, I've watched that little ******* cheap shot enough players the last couple of years...

Like YoungGuns said, when it becomes a large part of your game...making ******* plays relatively frequently, I gotta say "no thanks"... :thumbdown:

Everyone knows we could use some more physicality, but Tootoo's bulls*** would only encourage guys to take runs at Dats, Zetts, Flip, etc. Better guys available out there right now and we have some money to spend to boot. f*** Tootoo.

Cheers!

esteef

Edited by esteef

As the Nashville resident, I guess I'll stick up for Tootoo here. And again, I'll start by clarifying the fact that Tootoo is not a dirty player. I can only think of one incident that really would be considered dirty, and that was all the way back in 04. He personally apologized to that player afterwards. Toots doesn't "cheapshot" people, his hits are monster and devastating, but they are clean. What other teams hate about him is he'll hit anyone, enforcer or finese guy. Teams might not like it, but guess what, that's hockey. Who's to clarify what's dirty or not? We consider Tootoo dirty, Nashville considers Holmstrom and Draper dirty. It's all a matter of perspective.

Tootoo may be one of the NHL's hardest working players. He gives it his all on every shift, he fights for loose pucks, goes strong to the net, and gets other people off his game. Off the ice, he is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, a real down to earth guy. Personally I'd love to see him a Wings uniform, but I doubt Nashville will be looking to trade him.

Guest Crymson
Ya im serious, and PUTTING HOMERISM ASIDE

Disliking the guy for being a dirty, dangerous cheapshotter with no regard for anyone else's safety is not homerism.

As the Nashville resident, I guess I'll stick up for Tootoo here. And again, I'll start by clarifying the fact that Tootoo is not a dirty player. I can only think of one incident that really would be considered dirty, and that was all the way back in 04. He personally apologized to that player afterwards. Toots doesn't "cheapshot" people, his hits are monster and devastating, but they are clean. What other teams hate about him is he'll hit anyone, enforcer or finese guy. Teams might not like it, but guess what, that's hockey. Who's to clarify what's dirty or not? We consider Tootoo dirty, Nashville considers Holmstrom and Draper dirty. It's all a matter of perspective.

Tootoo may be one of the NHL's hardest working players. He gives it his all on every shift, he fights for loose pucks, goes strong to the net, and gets other people off his game. Off the ice, he is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, a real down to earth guy. Personally I'd love to see him a Wings uniform, but I doubt Nashville will be looking to trade him.

Thats y i hate facing the guy, and thats also y i would love him on our team

Edited by Sebastian

Tootoo impersonates the kind of player whom I'd hate in Wings.

whiny brat who puts a lot of effort to injure other teams players

and has pretty few other skills.

definitely no. BIG F* NO.

yes, I know Wings had dirty player before. but I don't recall single

one whose main and by far most important concern was doing

dirty shots with very little thinking about how dangerous some things

are.

Tootoo is the epithome of what I hate in hockey. I don't want to see

him anywhere closer to Wings team than South Africa. hope this

bastard gets his medicine some day and will get the * out of NHL.

thanks god, it's our division so there's no danger of Holland going

for such crap

any person who doesn't think Tootoo wouldn't be one of the most popular wings player since D-mac is smoking some serious homer stuff.

Picture this, Pronger elbows Holmstrom, but this time as soon as he turns around Tootoo low bridges him and knocks him out of the playoffs, blood for blood.

Dirty, you bet.

Not wing material,..right-o

Would he be a freaking hero in this town

You better freaking believe it.

Congatulations. You have just written the single most wrong thing I have ever read in my entire life. I would HATE the RED WINGS if they signed that little puke. I would lose all respect for Holland, Illitch, Yzerman and anyone else remotely associated with bringing him to Detroit. Tootoo is the single biggest looser in the National Hockey League. No, its not a case of "once he's in a Wings jersey I'll like him" Let me make myself clear, I hate that little f*****. I would take Pronger over him. If Claude Lemiuex and Jordon Tootoo were the only two players left in the draft for me to start my hockey team, I would pull out a gun and shoot them both in cold blood and I would go take up soccer. I hate that little f*****. You better f***in believe that!

Edited by T.Low

Yeah he's dirty little ***** who cheap-shots other players. But ya know what?

I AM SICK TO FRACKING DEATH OF OTHER TEAMS RUNNING OUR STAR PLAYERS/GOALIE AND THE WINGS DOING A COLLECTIVE KNACK-ALL ABOUT IT!!

Quite frankly, I would love to have a player (or 2, or 3) who slams an opponents head into the boards, because Lord knows it happens to our players often enough.

Holmstrom & Lebda last year - whose turn will it be this year to be injured by an opponents dirty play with no fear of retribution?

Um... Last year he sucker punched another player in the face, WITH HIS GLOVES STILL ON. Since when is that considered CLEAN???

I understand a lot of the resentment towards Tootoo. He's not my favorite guy around the block. That being said, I'd put any discontent with him aside, or anybody else for that matter hypothetically speaking, if they could help out the Red Wings. He has some ideal traits of hustle and hitting to play on a 3rd or 4th line. I'd be cautious with the way he composes himself during fights and the like, don't really need to go into detail as people already have done that regarding this on here, but I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him if it ever happened. However, that chance of happening I think is as good as me all of a sudden becoming 6'6" and dating Jessica Biel or Jessica Alba.

Only one incident of a cheapshot? As mentioned, there was the whole suckerpunch in the face with his gloves still on, and many more. His hits are clean? Maybe he's managed to throw a few clean hits, but the majority of them are dirty and/or late. He jumps off his skates to deliver elbows or head shots, likes running guys into the boards. Don't need someone on the team to further encourage guys to take runs at our skill guys/guys that don't fight, deal with that enough as it is.

Yeah he's dirty little ***** who cheap-shots other players. But ya know what?

I AM SICK TO FRACKING DEATH OF OTHER TEAMS RUNNING OUR STAR PLAYERS/GOALIE AND THE WINGS DOING A COLLECTIVE KNACK-ALL ABOUT IT!!

gotta disagree with that. we're not a tough team by any means

but when it comes to real hockey Wings are able to stick to their

game and not let the other team do their goonery. it's just not

working against the Wings who, when needed, stick for themselves

and keep on playing their offensive game.

yes, we'd need some toughness but theres no place for a player

that only contributes with toughness.

and Tootoo isn't even close to being tough player. he's just

a cheapshot douchebag who does nothing but piss the other

team off.

we had a guy with such attitude in our roster not so long ago.

and unlike Tootoo he also had some decent offensive skills.

his name is Sean Avery and he hasn't played a single 2002

playoffs game. go figure!

Quite frankly, I would love to have a player (or 2, or 3) who slams an opponents head into the boards, because Lord knows it happens to our players often enough.

Holmstrom & Lebda last year - whose turn will it be this year to be injured by an opponents dirty play with no fear of retribution?

again - this is not the case. yes, we'd use some frame and some

physical play but there's no room for a player with just this "skills".

if anything, Holland will be looking for a player who provides

size AND offense not just one of these. Wings don't have a spot

for player like Tootoo.

truth being said - do not judge this team after regular season.

Wings have pretty much shown it last year that they may look

soft in regular season but get to play very hard and bring

muscle in playoffs. they're not going to compete with Ducks

or Sharks in this area but will still be able to force their game.

and that can be enough for them to win it.

Look at his +/- ratio for this season and he past 4 seasons and tell me that you still want him... He is a DEFENSIVE LIABILITY, he may throw some hits around but when he does he always gives the other team a chance to score cause he is out of position.

Um... Last year he sucker punched another player in the face, WITH HIS GLOVES STILL ON. Since when is that considered CLEAN???

Watch the tape, if he didn't do anything, he would have been on that stretcher instead of Robidas.

Watch the tape, if he didn't do anything, he would have been on that stretcher instead of Robidas.

SO that justifies that what he did was right and considerd self defense? Be real man and don't assume. He was just out there looking for a head to pound on cause he is such a TOOL for Barry Trotz.

Tootoo would rule in a Red Wings jersey -- hate him for any other team though :)

Seriously, he would be an instant fan favorite.

He is not nearly as dirty as the reputation that precedes him.... I watch a lot of Nashville games.

Not a dirty player? You don't get a reputation for no reason.

Did anyone forget this blatant attempt to injure just earlier this season? And when it was time for him to face the music he collapsed into the stinking heap of s*** he is.

TooToo - Weller

He would NOT become a fan favorite here ever.

It would be nice if he came to Detroit, but it won't happen. He always plays with an edge and defends his star players and while he might dish out a few cheap shots here and there, there's other players around the league that have done that, too.

Once again though, I wouldn't mind it, but I just don't see it happening.

He provides nothing that the wings need, he is dirty, cheap, and a huge defensive liability.

As stated in another thread by another poster, there is a reason why the wings like Downey, he will fight and hit, but he does it when it doesn't cost the wings a goal or a game.

Tootoo just does whatever when ever, he is a dirty little Turtle wanna be!

SPLIT GP G A PTS +/- PIM SOG SPCT PPG PPA SHG SHA GWG GTG ATOI PROD

2007-08 41 7 6 13 -4 57 70 10.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 10:02 31:38

Projected 66 11 10 21 -6 92 113 10.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 10:02 31:38

Career 210 18 22 40 -12 365 300 6.0 2 1 0 0 0 0 -- --

Wow a career minus 12 average with 2 PPG and 1 PPA and zero SHG.

210 games played with just a measely 40 points and 365 PIM?

NO THANK YOU!!!!