• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DenJ91

The Official bring back Fedorov topic!

Rate this topic

Well, I guess I shouldn't have edited his post down to a bunch of crap. As for that bunch of Hating, as I saw it, I've requoted it just for your viewing pleasure. After thinking about it, his post seems perfect for political campaigns so maybe it is alright.

Now that that's said...

Did I say anything when LeftWinger brought up the stats? Or when Eva did? Did I ever say that Yzerman was god's gift? Nope all opinions. Hell my only heated comments normally come out in fight threads only.

Now I did call him out on his comments and my apologies for ruffling your feathers enough that you felt compelled to defend him and try to chastise me in pseudo-public forum. But since you did decide to do that in this "absolutely ridiculous" debate, his opinion must matter more than mine does? Especially when you two share the same opinion on Fedorov.

Hell next your probably going to say I'm not a true fan and I should burn my jerseys and turn in my LGW card.

Edit to add: He may not even be skating a full practice by the trade deadline due to his current injury.

Actually, we don't. Yeah, Fedorov was my favorite player, but if it came down to it, I would say Yzerman was more important to the franchise overall. I think they were equally important in the Cup runs.

I think Fedorov will be back. I called that Ozzie would be back if the lockout went for at least a year...quite a lot before the lockout even happened, and I called last year that Feds would be back at the trade deadline this year. Hopefully I'm 2 for 2 :)

I think he's a good fit, and I think it would be good for him to retire here and for Red Wing fans to be able to lay this whole thing to rest. He'll be booed when he steps on the ice, but then it'll all be forgotten when he scores his first goal.

Fedorov was maybe the most dominant player in the game during his day. But his day was 10 ******* years ago.

I've said this a million times but it falls on deaf ears. I live in Ohio, I go to Jackets games, I have a friends with season tickets.

They'd love for us to give them something, anything for Fedorov. Now just gnaw on that for awhile.

Maybe we can dig up Ray Sheppard while we are it. He had a knack for scoring goals. Maybe he can provide some 2nd line scoring depth for us.

People tag fedorov haters or his critics as bitter for him leaving. Well, those that defend him, not all, but many, have lost clarity on what type of player he is now, blinded by total devotion and unconditional love.

These people have lost perspective on what is best for this organization and all they're selfish. They even admit it. They say they want to see him back so he can "retire a wing", "have his jersey raised to the rafters", because they "love him so much".

Blah, blah, blah....that has everything to do with personal feelings and nothing to do with what's best for the team.

I'd rather have Marty Lapointe back than Fedorov and Marty plays like s*** now so there.

Gordo, obviously i know where you stand on this as well as you do i so really no reason to rehash, but you gotta admit as opposed to him coming back as you are it comes off a little personal on your side as well. Just an observation.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Gordo, obviously i know where you stand on this as well as you do i so really no reason to rehash, but you gotta admit as opposed to him coming back as you are it comes off a little personal on your side as well. Just an observation.

It gets under my skin because it's been beaten to death. However, I've made it clear before that my not wanting him back has nothing to do with bitterness about him leaving or whatever. I don't want him back because he's not what we need. He doesn't address the most pressing needs we have.

Hell, you look at the end of the game scrum against the Ducks and all the other little scrums during that game. Look at the size of the Ducks players. Ryan Getzlaf towered over just about every Wing except for Lilja.

When other teams have bigger, stronger players rounding out their rosters and then their key, top offensive players are just as big and strong to boot, we have got to bite the bullet and get bigger and stronger ourselves.

IMO, we need another 2 guys in that 6-1 to 6-4 and 215lb range that play a physical style of game.

I don't think Sergei fits the profile for what we need. Now of course that means nothing to anyone else if they think our most pressing needs are something other than size, strength and toughness.

It gets under my skin because it's been beaten to death. However, I've made it clear before that my not wanting him back has nothing to do with bitterness about him leaving or whatever. I don't want him back because he's not what we need. He doesn't address the most pressing needs we have.

Hell, you look at the end of the game scrum against the Ducks and all the other little scrums during that game. Look at the size of the Ducks players. Ryan Getzlaf towered over just about every Wing except for Lilja.

When other teams have bigger, stronger players rounding out their rosters and then their key, top offensive players are just as big and strong to boot, we have got to bite the bullet and get bigger and stronger ourselves.

IMO, we need another 2 guys in that 6-1 to 6-4 and 215lb range that play a physical style of game.

I don't think Sergei fits the profile for what we need. Now of course that means nothing to anyone else if they think our most pressing needs are something other than size, strength and toughness.

As much as I'd LOVE to have Sergei back in Detroit, I have to agree with you here.

The Wings need someone to match up with the oppositions big guys. It doesn't have anything to do with most of the team being Euro's like many people think. The Wings are just a small team, with no one who can play a regular shift, and be a true physical presence. Seriously, who best fits that role on the team, Franzen?

The Wings need an Iginla type player, a guy who can score and gets better when the physical stuff gets going.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
As much as I'd LOVE to have Sergei back in Detroit, I have to agree with you here.

The Wings need someone to match up with the oppositions big guys. It doesn't have anything to do with most of the team being Euro's like many people think. The Wings are just a small team, with no one who can play a regular shift, and be a true physical presence. Seriously, who best fits that role on the team, Franzen?

The Wings need an Iginla type player, a guy who can score and gets better when the physical stuff gets going.

Iginla would be like a dream come true.

For now, i'd settle for Jamal Mayers and Jason Smith. Unfortunately they are not likely available.

But maybe Steve Staois could fit that roll.

Look at Burke, he's got a monster sized team and he went out and got Brian Sutherby, 6-3, 210 pounds, can play a regular 3rd/4th line energy role, can fight and isn't easily pushed around.

We need to find a player like that or two.

I think Fedorov will be back. I called that Ozzie would be back if the lockout went for at least a year...quite a lot before the lockout even happened, and I called last year that Feds would be back at the trade deadline this year. Hopefully I'm 2 for 2 :)

I think he's a good fit, and I think it would be good for him to retire here and for Red Wing fans to be able to lay this whole thing to rest. He'll be booed when he steps on the ice, but then it'll all be forgotten when he scores his first goal.

I beg to differ... the baaaahing will turn to cheering the very second budd lynch announces his name in the starting lineup his first game back.

Oh and you were talking about ozzie being back way before the lockout happened... it was eerie how it all played out... you can see way into the future.

Edited by OsGOD

i don't see how you cannot. I am not saying that Yzerman is less important or that Feds has an importance far more then Stevie. Look back to that time and you would have seen as many Federov jersey's then Stevie. If you think that he is not almost as important then your crazy! lol.

You can add the fact that all the teenage girls thought Feds was "cute" was a big part of his jersey sales. Probert at one time sold more jerseys than any other Wing if you can believe that. (90-91 season)

For those of you claiming Fedorov can't score...

Fedorov is currently ranked 132nd in points per game among forwards. While he is a shadow of his former self offensively, that kind of offense makes him a top five forward. Fedorov's offense is not far fro mwhat he used to put up in the regular season; he's on pace for 48 points over 82 games; he would often score under 70 in his prime. He's still an elite defensive player, and provides secondary scoring and a shot from the point on the PP. If he can be had cheaply, there's no reason not to make the deal for Fedorov. A Fedorov deal would be much cheaper than acquiring a rental defenseman like Blake, and fits the Wings' needs better.

Sergei Fedorov. Secondary scoring, shut-down defense, heavy slapshot. Oh, and he's always produced in the playoffs. If he can be had for a mid-level prospect and/or a mid-round pick...why not?

The rumor has floated around now for a couple of weeks that Kopecky is being offered for Feds.

Edited by 2probert4

The rumor has floated around now for a couple of weeks that Kopecky is being offered for Feds.

As much as I want Feds back, Kopper is a high price. He is big, uses his body, and one day may be a tough guy to play against. He impressed me against Anaheim. He has hands too.

But, Sergei does potentially bring a LOT that we are missing.

I noticed that as well...i was like damn, Getzlaf looks like Chara out there compared to our guys.

first off,

why would Fedorov want to come back to the place that has been booing him ever since he left Detroit?

secondly,

i dont want him back. his numbers have been on a steady decline since he's been with the Blue jackets.

i dont see how having him around again is going to help this team win a Cup.

Guest LivingtheDream
No offense to Feds, I love him and he was a fantastic player for us for a long period of time but IMO you just can't talk about him and Steve freaking Yzerman (or even Lidstrom for that matter) in the same sentence when you consider their Red Wings legacy. But if Feds does come back and plays at a respectable level for another fivish years, who knows...

That's the thing isn't it. He COULD have been that level of player had he stayed, but for whatever reason he thought (wrongly) he could find the glory on his own elsewhere. Without a solid team and a coach riding his ass to excel it was not to be. He is up there in all time Wing playoff points and could have been much higher. All in all, we saw a guy let his own prima donna personality sink him in the end. I'll always respect him for what he gave us as fans, but his time is past. We have new stars now and it is up to them to lead. Federov could have stayed and been a mentor while probably putting up some great numbers (surely better than he has since leaving), but he blew it.

We are foolish.......we are human....we all make mistakes....forgive & move on! :angry:

Sometimes, we are as good as the tools we are given.......

Bring Feds back & you will see a new man! :siren:

We are foolish.......we are human....we all make mistakes....forgive & move on! :angry:

Sometimes, we are as good as the tools we are given.......

Bring Feds back & you will see a new man! :siren:

Ok, heres the question I have about Fedorov's play RIGHT NOW....Not during his time with Detroit...

IF he's not putting up numbers with RICK NASH, and Zherdev (who is actually showing that he gives a damn this year)

what makes anyone think he would put up numbers with Hudler and the Mule? I know Feds has had injuries this year, his current concussion and groin pulls, but this guy's performance the past 2 seasons shows that he is on the way out, or he just doesn't give a crap. Either way it makes you question a return to the Wings, regardless of what man-love and girlie-love goes on within these threads. He's NOT what he was people. Honestly, I don't care if Humpty Dumpty came to play as long as they win the Cup............................

Ok, heres the question I have about Fedorov's play RIGHT NOW....Not during his time with Detroit...

IF he's not putting up numbers with RICK NASH, and Zherdev (who is actually showing that he gives a damn this year)

what makes anyone think he would put up numbers with Hudler and the Mule? I know Feds has had injuries this year, his current concussion and groin pulls, but this guy's performance the past 2 seasons shows that he is on the way out, or he just doesn't give a crap. Either way it makes you question a return to the Wings, regardless of what man-love and girlie-love goes on within these threads. He's NOT what he was people. Honestly, I don't care if Humpty Dumpty came to play as long as they win the Cup............................

Its Rick Nash *****... he does it all himself. btw that ***** is not calling you one... it goes with the name cause he is that cool!

You are listing two of the biggest puck hogging players in the world. They do it their way! You would be lucky to touch the puck being on their line.

Edited by OsGOD

Experience, sometimes, makes one wiser! Going back to old friends with a new beginning, adds comfort to your surroundings to play with a kindred spirit. Especially with a professional attitude that Detroit carries. Babcock said in the past, winning is fun! How can you feel good, when you are not, & playing with divas with a me-first attitude?

Our system is truly "teamwork" oriented. That's why we are who we are! Successful!

Well for one he hasn't played all that much with Nash and Zherdev outside manning the point on the PP he was playing with Glencross, and Novotny alot. His was a defensive oriented line in a very hitchcock defensive style team. The fact that he's still 3rd overall in points on the team even after injury and the fact that Nash only has 46 points in 56 games is really a reflection of the style the team plays, and just overall crap after Nash, Z, and Fedorov up front. Take a look at Vyborny's numbers this year. I don't think it's crazy to say Fed's would have 10-15 more points this year if playing with the Wings. Sure there's no way to know that, but i don't think it's really that much of a strech. Babcock has said time and time again, he doesn't want Z and Dats together, so it's a good bet Sergei would be playing with one or the other, and man the point on the PP, along with a great ablility on PK win faceoffs, and is strong on the puck and has been playing the Wings puck possesion style since Z was playing with G.I. Joe's (or the Swedish equivilant). And no he's not 95-98 Lindros or Cam Neely but the guy is 6-2 and over 200 lbs. (thus fitting GS&T's size requirement) and knows how to use his size effectivly and has the ability to play every position and in every situation on the ice. And he's a UFA. It all makes all most too much sense. And don't believe everything people post around here, the Blue Jackets miss the guy despreatly right now, and that's evident. I like Kopy and he's been playing well, but that's a good price for someone who could possibly be so clutch in the playoffs where he made his living, and be there in the event of an injury. Really Kopy will see a max of 8 mins a game in the playoffs and i think that's a stretch. He doesn't have to be what he was, come in and play a soild two way game, take some of the heat of Z and Dats, play some special teams. No ones asking him to be A.O.

Sergi has aways been a me, me type of guy. Never the true team player. He wined and cried because Stevie Y was the man. Team players, not me, me's get their numbers retired. He was a very good player for his years in Detroit. But he was NOT a great player. And great is not always defined by the numbers you put up, its also defined by the person you are to your team mates, fans and the organization as a whole. Sergi failed in the latter and for that he will NEVER have his number retired.

Yes, that selfish two-time Selke Trophy bastard.

Well for one he hasn't played all that much with Nash and Zherdev outside manning the point on the PP he was playing with Glencross, and Novotny alot. His was a defensive oriented line in a very hitchcock defensive style team. The fact that he's still 3rd overall in points on the team even after injury and the fact that Nash only has 46 points in 56 games is really a reflection of the style the team plays, and just overall crap after Nash, Z, and Fedorov up front. Take a look at Vyborny's numbers this year. I don't think it's crazy to say Fed's would have 10-15 more points this year if playing with the Wings. Sure there's no way to know that, but i don't think it's really that much of a strech. Babcock has said time and time again, he doesn't want Z and Dats together, so it's a good bet Sergei would be playing with one or the other, and man the point on the PP, along with a great ablility on PK win faceoffs, and is strong on the puck and has been playing the Wings puck possesion style since Z was playing with G.I. Joe's (or the Swedish equivilant). And no he's not 95-98 Lindros or Cam Neely but the guy is 6-2 and over 200 lbs. (thus fitting GS&T's size requirement) and knows how to use his size effectivly and has the ability to play every position and in every situation on the ice. And he's a UFA. It all makes all most too much sense. And don't believe everything people post around here, the Blue Jackets miss the guy despreatly right now, and that's evident. I like Kopy and he's been playing well, but that's a good price for someone who could possibly be so clutch in the playoffs where he made his living, and be there in the event of an injury. Really Kopy will see a max of 8 mins a game in the playoffs and i think that's a stretch. He doesn't have to be what he was, come in and play a soild two way game, take some of the heat of Z and Dats, play some special teams. No ones asking him to be A.O.

Captain Kangaroo (Hitchcock) had Feds playing at the blueline also, because Feds pissed him off with his lack of emotion when he was with Nash. I dont think Capt Kangaroo likes Feds very much.

Captain Kangaroo (Hitchcock) had Feds playing at the blueline also, because Feds pissed him off with his lack of emotion when he was with Nash. I dont think Capt Kangaroo likes Feds very much.

right......... :rolleyes:

I don't know that Hitchcock would risk his job and the team just to get back at one player for not smiling ear to ear while skating with the mighty rick nash. Think it had more to do with injury and the fact that Fedorov is a better dman than half of the teams actual Dmen.