• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DenJ91

The Official bring back Fedorov topic!

Rate this topic

So youre saying Rick Nash sucks? Blue Jackets are in the hunt to perhaps make the playoffs for the first time...not like they are the Kings or something....

As a team type player yes.. Nash is a kinda "me" guy.

How come we don't need fedorov because he IS washed up but the BJ's won't let Fedorov go because they are in the Hunt??? which is it.... if Feds is too washed up for our team then why would the BJ's care about their playoff hunt while trying to deal Feds.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Actually with a #1 defense we are squared away... we need a foward who can score above all else. Any body who is anybody whom can score in the post season is gone... we have nobody. We need somebody who can score goals past April 8th... I feel Fedorov can do that.

Sure, he could probably help in the scoring area. But he's the same type of player who hasn't been able to score goals against the teams we've lost to in recent years. Meaning, he's another perimeter player who doesn't really crash the net or get the kind of ugly chances you need to score goals in the playoffs. We have guys who dance around and make beautiful plays and kick ass during the regular season and then get shut down come playoff time. And not everybody can play with as much tenacity as Zetterberg. But frankly, that's the type of work we need out of a player we pick up. Somebody big, who skates well and crashes around to create chances. Feds will either be on the PP point or on the outside of the prime areas where Datsyuk and other guys like to play. And it's getting tiresome watching guys like Huddles and Flip get slammed into the boards and pinned, unable to fight their way to the net. We need bigger, stronger players of a different type of style than Fedorov's style.

Players are available. These guys might not fit our desired traits but Ottawa just nabbed a 50 point player in Stillman and a big, tough dman in Commodore.

So I reiterate, players are certainly available.

As a team type player yes.. Nash is a kinda "me" guy.

How come we don't need fedorov because he IS washed up but the BJ's won't let Fedorov go because they are in the Hunt??? which is it.... if Feds is too washed up for our team then why would the BJ's care about their playoff hunt while trying to deal Feds.

Nash still is one of the better power forwards in hockey today. Say what you will about his team or me attitude. He is more of the team guy than he used to be. He'll actually drop his mitts now and then for a teammate. Seen him do it vs the Predators before. BJ's may be wanting rid of Feds yes, he does carry some salary. Not sure off hand what his contract consists of and how much longer hes under contract. You maybe have hit it on the head with the washed up comment, they may deal him regardless of their playoff situation.

So youre saying Rick Nash sucks? Blue Jackets are in the hunt to perhaps make the playoffs for the first time...not like they are the Kings or something....

Exactly I'm saying that Nash is a puck hogging **** that doesn't know how to pass... That was the other reason why Federov worked well up here, there were people that were willing to pass to him, along with people he could pass to. You see the All Star Game? Even though Nash had a hat trick, I saw at least 5-10 opportunities for Nash to pass it off to someone to make a better play.

someone please answer my point directly.

why do you think Fedorov would do well here in Detroit when his numbers are consistently down since he left here?

kylee, you just don't get it. your stuck in the 90's expecting him to put up monster pts. you ask for examples of why he would be a good fit here again...have you literally missed about 100 of the 153 posts explaining why?? wake up

as for people consistently claiming he is playing with nash and zherdev, apparently you watch ZERO jackets games. and i'm glad someone pointed out the toughness playing with those two players. don't get me wrong i love nash and zherdev but whoever said they are puck hogs hit it right on the head. not only that but the jackets are probably the worst offensive team i've ever watched. they have so little to offer. nash and zherdev are the only one's scoring this season. vyborny has been awful, peca is so overrated and i just don't understand why hitchcock relies on him so much. still puts him in the shootout rotation. modin has been hurt. that leaves malholtra, chimera, novotny, jared boll. i mean come on!! foote is on the power play which is so hard to watch, that guy couldn't get the puck on the net if he was the only one out there. fedorov is the glue to that team, not nash. he's so responsible defensively, his plus/minus rating is mostly a reflection of how bad the team is and him playing with young and inexperienced players. i could go on and on about the jackets, they frustrate me so much being a fan. i can't wait for fedorov to get traded!!! he's all smiles when the jackets score, a trade will only spark feds even more. he's as clutch in the playoffs as they come. the wings need him.

there is no way in hell if feds was on just about any other team he'd be doing this poorly offensively. he'd have around 15 goals and 25-30 assists right now. watching bluejacket games makes me wanna pull my hair out. i thought getting hitchcock was gonna be great, it's only gotten more defensive. yes they went from near dead last in goals against last season to 16th right now, and have chances to win more, but they still aren't going to make the playoffs!!!! PLEASE PLEASE TRADE HIM ALREADY!!!

oh and as far as the injury goes, it was reported that he rode the bike for 40 minutes today with no problems and is eyeing a weekend return. i think had he not got injured, he may have been traded already. i think the 3 teams rumored to be looking for feds (detroit, ottawa and pittsburgh) are waiting to see him play a couple games.

Edited by DenJ91

...Fed is not gonna come back and score 60 goals (maybe playing with Datsyuk he would) but more realistcally he will score consistantly 20-30 on the second line. He will definately help defensively on the back check. He has playoff experience, tons! While we won't be getting the Fedorov of 1994 or even 1998, but he is not that far off from the Fedorov of 2002, but after failing at what he called "his turn" to have his own team (Anaheim, then traded to the cellar Columbus) just think how it would mentally feel to him to be back on a team that has a ligit chance EVERY year to win the Cup! He's not gonna score 60, but happier and with less pressure, he will provide the secondary scoring that we desperately need...

...package a deal together to get Feds and Foote and that covers 2 out of the 3 areas that most feel we need to address. Secondary scoring and a bruising d-man...

...now to address the grit. Well, I am not sure about the health of Glenn Murray but he seems to be on the outs in Boston. Could that be the "Larry Murphy" deal we are looking for? An aging veteren who needs a a new scene. Honestly, when comes down to the mental upswing a player would have coming to Detroit, I believe that almost anyone would play better here than where they came from. Just the thought of coming from a cellar to Detroit has to excite anyone mentioned in rumors about Detroit (excpet Forsberg, that one still baffles me.)

...If they could add Fedorov, The Yeti and Glenn Murray to this already potent team for the price of a roster player, prospect and a pick or two, I don't think that would upset the team chemistry too much...

...concerning the Kopecky for Feds rumor, I'd much rather rid this team of Hudler and his overrated salary, but, that's just me. I think Kopecky brings a little grit to this team, at least he has some size to him, unlike Hudler...

Exactly I'm saying that Nash is a puck hogging **** that doesn't know how to pass... That was the other reason why Federov worked well up here, there were people that were willing to pass to him, along with people he could pass to. You see the All Star Game? Even though Nash had a hat trick, I saw at least 5-10 opportunities for Nash to pass it off to someone to make a better play.

Yeah the All Star game and all the great defense shown in that game is the best way to judge if someone is a puckhog or not.....:)

...Fed is not gonna come back and score 60 goals (maybe playing with Datsyuk he would) but more realistcally he will score consistantly 20-30 on the second line. He will definately help defensively on the back check. He has playoff experience, tons! While we won't be getting the Fedorov of 1994 or even 1998, but he is not that far off from the Fedorov of 2002, but after failing at what he called "his turn" to have his own team (Anaheim, then traded to the cellar Columbus) just think how it would mentally feel to him to be back on a team that has a ligit chance EVERY year to win the Cup! He's not gonna score 60, but happier and with less pressure, he will provide the secondary scoring that we desperately need...

...package a deal together to get Feds and Foote and that covers 2 out of the 3 areas that most feel we need to address. Secondary scoring and a bruising d-man...

...now to address the grit. Well, I am not sure about the health of Glenn Murray but he seems to be on the outs in Boston. Could that be the "Larry Murphy" deal we are looking for? An aging veteren who needs a a new scene. Honestly, when comes down to the mental upswing a player would have coming to Detroit, I believe that almost anyone would play better here than where they came from. Just the thought of coming from a cellar to Detroit has to excite anyone mentioned in rumors about Detroit (excpet Forsberg, that one still baffles me.)

...If they could add Fedorov, The Yeti and Glenn Murray to this already potent team for the price of a roster player, prospect and a pick or two, I don't think that would upset the team chemistry too much...

...concerning the Kopecky for Feds rumor, I'd much rather rid this team of Hudler and his overrated salary, but, that's just me. I think Kopecky brings a little grit to this team, at least he has some size to him, unlike Hudler...

Kopecky has a huge upside to him, he's been showing more of a physical presence lately, lots of good hits.

On this site Wings they were saying Feds is out with a concussion. Is this a mild concussion or is it something that could be a little more serious?

He's been out since mid Jan... latest on the wire.

Sergei Fedorov - #91 - Center - 6'2" - 205lbs

News: Fedorov (concussion) is expected to begin skating again Wednesday or Thursday, the Columbus Dispatch reports.

Impact: Once he gets back on the ice we'll have a better idea whether he'll be able to play this weekend or not. (RotoWire - Tue. Feb 12, 2008)

His playing this weekend might be overly optimistic, but if everyone insists on his return. I hope he gets his legs back quickly.

Youve not watched much hockey have you? Hitchcock plays games like that, and its not like Columbus has a big supply of GOOD defenseman. Fedorov hated playing defenseman in Detroit when Bowman played the same game with him, but I shouldn't expect people to remember or realize that. It's called the good ol' motivator......

Yeah your right, my over 20 years of watching hockey, let alone playing the game, just isn't going to cut it this time i guess. But really, this isn't worth the time since you clearly either don't read, don't read close enough, or just can't understand the numerous and lenghty posts by myself and others. Your fine just skimming past the many great and factual points made in these posts and spewing on one or two line posts bagging on the guy. It's not called the "good ol' motivator" it's called "just plain stupid" if that's the case. So he's so not important and in the dog house that Hitch just doesn't want to use the normal motivator of the bench or press box, he's going to put him on D? Get real. Name another player in the leauge today who's been put back on D as a "punishment". And no Bowman played no such game, it was to bring Fedorov more ice time, no matter if it was him or Fedorov that wanted it that's what was done cause he knew he must have Feds on the ice, even if pissed at him or not. Seems to say alot about his importance to the team, huh?

And to answer your question about the all star being a good place to see if someones a puck hog, it's the perfect place. Pleanty of time and space for great passing plays.

For Detroit and playing defense, Feds seemed more upset because Victor was upset... I bet if Victor was happy with it, feds too would have been okay with it.

You want to send a message for sucking... YOU BENCH the player or healthy scratch his ass... you don't put him back on the point in a more "responsible" role.

Edited by OsGOD

holy geez people!! fedorov does not play with nash and zherdev. yes they are on the same team, that does not mean they play on the same lines. watch a bluejackets game and watch fedorov do his thing before you base your arguments on his offensive numbers.

just keeping this topic fresh. more and more fedorov topics are being made, i love it but remember this is the "official" thread. jk i'm only saying that cause i made it.

BRING BACK FEDS!!!!!!!!!!! and dammit sergei would you come back from your concussion, it's starting to worry me as if teams aren't sure of what they are getting until you come back. don't ruin your chance to be on the wings again!!!!!!!!!!! (pretending he's reading this)

holy geez people!! fedorov does not play with nash and zherdev. yes they are on the same team, that does not mean they play on the same lines. watch a bluejackets game and watch fedorov do his thing before you base your arguments on his offensive numbers.

he did at one point, hitchcock demoted him to other lines and to defenseman during the season trying to light a spark under him because of his lack of scoring. Hitchcock is like Bowman in the head games routine when trying to motivate people. Bowman did the same things to Feds in Detroit, moving him around, and to the blueline.

I want Fedorov here under 2 condtions:

1) AFTer we've already added a top 6 forward (Prospal, Comrie) and a top 4 Dman (Foote, Blake, Stuart, Staios)

and

2) Fedorov takes Sammys place in the lineup..

Now this i dont have a problem with! You hit the nail on the head. My main worry is that Fedorov would be the only forward acquisition by Holland...and that would just be horrible. But if they get that top 6 guy (although i definitely dont want Prospal) and that big dman like Stuart...then i dont necessarily have a big issue with bringing Fedorov back. Although, I'd much prefer someone of the gritty variety like Gratton.

Edited by Lou_Siffer

News: Fedorov (concussion) will return to the lineup against the Blues on Sunday.

Impact: He has missed 13 games due to post-concussion syndrome. Coach Ken Hitchcock said that Fedorov will return on Sunday. If he doesn't, you know who to blame for raising your hopes. (RotoWire - Fri. Feb 15, 2008)

News: The Red Wings may be interested in trading for Fedorov (concussion), according to the Detroit News.

Impact: Fedorov, 38, has begun skating and should be back next week -- just in time to audition for teams before the Feb. 26 trade deadline. Stay tuned. (RotoWire - Fri. Feb 15, 2008)

starting to think this may be the only move they make...

Now this i dont have a problem with! You hit the nail on the head. My main worry is that Fedorov would be the only forward acquisition by Holland...and that would just be horrible. But if they get that top 6 guy (although i definitely dont want Prospal) and that big dman like Stuart...then i dont necessarily have a big issue with bringing Fedorov back. Although, I'd much prefer someone of the gritty variety like Gratton.

The way I see it is, theres 3 spots available with the forwards. Kopecky, Sammy and Hudler. If anyone of those 3 were traded straight up for Feds, totally fine with that. Then you get a Sundin or another top 6er for whatever price, then maybe a Gratton. (Then of course McCARTY! :D)

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Fedorov-Sundin-Cleary

Maltby-Draper-McCarty

Filpula-Franzen-Gratton/Drake

Downey

Not bad, not bad at all. (Though, that seems like a dream scenario)