• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Yemack

McCarty officially signs with Wings

Rate this topic

Strictly from management point of view, I look at it as very low risk move with somewhat high reward. What have we got to lose by signing him anyway?

From a fan point of view, wow we gonna destroy everyone in our path now. Stanley Cup here we come. :lol:

Edited by Yemack

Hey, this means that the D-Mac jersey I got on the cheap when he went to the Flames is back in effect!

me too. I gat a D-Mac jersey for $30 when he left....

Got an Ozzie one at the same price...

(also got a Fedorov) so maybe its a trend???

Also have a Z but that one i payed out the ass for...

I think Holland realizes that Mccarty might add a little aprk to a team that is anemic right now. Giving Draper and Maltby a familiar face on their line. They got pushed around last year. Brad Norton was a flop, Downey is ok this year, but as for him putting pucks in the net isnt going to happen. Darren can give you the toughness and can give you that offense when needed. Guys like Pronger arnt going to be taking runs at Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and the rest of the wings superstars when you have enforcers out there to shut em up.

Congrats Darren, only 1 more step to take before the cindarella story is complete.....signing a contract is only half the story.

But nevertheless, I never thought he'd get anywhere near this.

I look forward to a 4th line of Downey/McCarty/Drake on the ice against the Ducks :)

By Ted Kulfan Darren McCarty has officially signed with the Red Wings. McCarty drove from Grand Rapids where he has been playing with the Wings' minor league affiliate Griffins - early Monday to officially sign the contract at Joe Louis Arena. The Red Wings website said McCarty ran into Nicklas Lidstrom out of the line up currently with a knee sprain in the locker room. "It's nice to come back and see some familiar faces," McCarty told the website. "It's just the beginning and I plan, when get up, to help this team win." McCarty will rejoin Griffins and continue on a two-week conditioning assignment. General manager Ken Holland said McCarty will be called up to the Wings some time in March

Yes he's a fan favourite, but I don't know how I feel about this signing.. Although I trust Mr. Holland, I hope it's not just a nostalgic signing

I think it's a pretty minimal risk. It's under 500k and he'd be taken the roster spot of player that doesn't really make too much of a impact. Not sure who he'd replace, but with all our injuries, they'll find room.

Where were you guys getting these cheap jerseys? Hockeytown Authentics?

I'm from Buffalo, NY and the store Great Skate has its only actual outlet there (they do most of their business online) because the Farkas family owns it (yes the family of Jeff Farkas, the former Leafs prospect traded to Atlanta and then nearly crippled in an on ice accident) and they are from the area. At the start of August every year they have a tent sale, and in the tent sale they sell discontinued merchandise, meaning equipment, and jersies of players that have left their team. I have gotten almost every jersey I own there. I have Ozzie, Feds, McCarty, and Yzerman Wings jerseys from there. I also have gotten Selanne Sharks, FOrsberg Flyers, Roenick COyotes, Peca Islanders, Ozzie Islanders, Ronning Wild, Smyth Edmonton, Chelios Blackhawks, Hasek Senators and a Palffy Kings jersies all at the tent sale over the years at $30 each. They are replicas not authentics, but thats still like $100 off. And its always cool to have jersies...

Where were you guys getting these cheap jerseys? Hockeytown Authentics?

Got mine at the Palace Locker Room at Great Lakes Crossing, I think. I actually got two and sent one to a friend in Vegas for his birthday (D-Mac was always his fave player).

By Ted Kulfan Darren McCarty has officially signed with the Red Wings. McCarty drove from Grand Rapids where he has been playing with the Wings' minor league affiliate Griffins - early Monday to officially sign the contract at Joe Louis Arena. The Red Wings website said McCarty ran into Nicklas Lidstrom out of the line up currently with a knee sprain in the locker room. "It's nice to come back and see some familiar faces," McCarty told the website. "It's just the beginning and I plan, when get up, to help this team win." McCarty will rejoin Griffins and continue on a two-week conditioning assignment. General manager Ken Holland said McCarty will be called up to the Wings some time in March

my heart is filled with excitement just by thinking of seeing DMac in Red Wings Uniform again this season. Big Joe will be crazy

people won't have to photoshop mac in a wings jersey like they have with other potential pick ups, they can just show something like this...

AADO009~Darren-McCarty-with-the-2002-Stanley-Cup-18-Photofile-Posters.jpg

now for sure I gotta get to a griffins game before mid march