• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Yemack

McCarty officially signs with Wings

Rate this topic

And this better be an added bonus low-risk signing, and not Holland thinking he actually made a helpful deadline move.

I think it's a helpful deadline move as far as depth on the 4th line, and this should make the "grit" aspect of the second line scorer less of a necessity, even though it would still be nice.

We still need a 2nd line scorer and a d-man though yes.

esteef

this is no risk signing and it won't influence Holland making a big splash today or tomorrow... having McCarty around just creates a little healthy competition between guys like Drake, Kopecky, McCarty to make sure they keep motivated, whoever is going will likely play

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hate to ruin the parade but i am far more excited for Mccarty Personally than the red wings.

It's great for Mac. I'm not sure how good it'll be for the Wings.

I'd love for him to come back and have some impact, but have fairly low expectations.

And this better be an added bonus low-risk signing, and not Holland thinking he actually made a helpful deadline move.

Agreed and based on Hollands track record in the cap era, I doubt they land anyone that's been highly talked about around here.

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Turbines in Brain begin Spinning/Multiplexing at about 25 TIMES PER SECOND!!!!!*

Soon as Pronger throws an Elbow, I want to see Draper, McCarty, Maltby, Downey and Drake/Lilja out on the ice!

and while we're at it, if he's so inclined, bring back Mr. Vernon for the Anaheim Series.....Maybe Bip will be in need of stitches.....

I am officially stoked. I really do hope that he is called up and actually gets some ice time on the 11th against the Hawks, because I'll be there. That will be awesome. I can feel the Joe shaking from the noise already.

As far as help or hinder, my thoughts are this:

With the Generals he got 6 points in 6 games and the vibe was "yeah but it's only the IHL, it's not even the AHL, and a long way from the NHL. He'll never make it".

With the Grifs he gets 7 points in 9 games "yeah but it's only the AHL, nothing like the NHL, won't happen this year."

I think he's getting better the higher he goes. I'm looking forward to see what he can do. Obviously it will be quit different at the NHL level, but as far as I'm concerned he's like a hungry badger trying to get a spot at the table.

Don't mess with a hungry badger man! They're mean.

Edited by Lidsyukerberg

Ssh everyone quite, something is coming......................Wait!......................................Wait!...............................ITS THE GRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNND LIIIIIIIINNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Can someone explain in English how he has to /doesn't have to go through waivers as he goes down to the AHL then up again? Is there a legitimate threat of losing him during this process (especially on the way up)? Also, if a team claims him, he has to stay up in the big leagues right? They can't claim him from us and then send him down to their farm team?

I'm full of questions!

esteef

Edited by esteef

Can someone explain in English how he has to /doesn't have to go through waivers as he goes down to the AHL then up again? Is there a legitimate threat of losing him during this process (especially on the way up)? Also, if a team claims him, he has to stay up in the big leagues right? They can't claim him from us and then send him down to their farm team?

I'm full of questions!

esteef

I'm pretty sure I read that they can send him down to GR on a 2 week conditioning stint without putting him on waivers.

I wasn't overly impressed by this signing at first, however, I came to a realization:

He'll no doubt be pumped to be back in the NHL, especially the Wings, and the fans will be as well.

This will probably get his adrenaline flowing and make him more feisty/aggressive....

This will inevitably energize the whole team.... :thumbup:

Edited by T-Ruff