• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NHLrules?

What happened, Holland? Cap space for what?

Rate this topic

If you will remember, Holland stated he needed to "save cap room to make changes at the trade deadline" as a reason he did nothing this summer.

If thats the case, what is his plan?

Does he have a plan? Does he just like to hear himself talk?

can i refer to my post of the other thread and again say "WTF"

the Detroit News has two articles. One say, "Holland ready to wheel and deal", the next one says "holland doesnt expect major deal for Wings

WTF???

Thats great....thanks for the updates

so D-Mac it is?

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/secti...gory=SPORTS0103

Who do you think that we can trade... who needs our garbage (Lilja, Lebda, Sammy, Franzen, Hudler...) do we have some prospects??? We have NO DEPTH!!!

Good point. All the cap space in the world isn't going to help unless someone else wants what the Wings have to give them.

Before some of you jump all over me, Im just restating what Holland said at the start of the year.

We now have alot of cap space and I dont see anything happening.

I for one never believe Kenny when he says he has a plan.

I dont see us improving our chances but see Dallas making a big improvement.

Edited by NHLrules?

Before some of you jump all over me, Im just stating what Holland said at the start of the year.

We now have alot of cap space and I dont see anything happening.

I for one never believe Kenny when he says he has a plan.

I dont see us improving our chances but see Dallas making a big improvement.

I know what he said at the start of the year... this team needs to sign some DEPTH = FA cause we have nothing to trade...

Just calm down...remember, the Bert trade was late last year so I expect that again. Around 2pm, watch for the Trade.

Bert trade, Bert trade... remember that nobody wanted him - he was injured... I'm sure that was ''panic'' move by Holland... he wanted Tkachuk or Guerin...

Detroit should RE-BUILT (2nd line) with FA's... simple...

Yes you are correct.

But what happens when your GM wont do anything in the off season, stating he wants room for the trade deadline?

What then?

Thats what we have here.

You saying we need sign FAs is a no brainer.

Like going to the bar wanting to pick up some hot chick, but going home alone, time and again.

The original poster is wrong. Holland said he wants to save room at the trade deadline in the event that the wings needed to pick something up. Maybe he doesnt feel the team needs a big trade. Guess what thats ok. Holland knows 100 times more about the game than anyone crying on this forum so In Kenny I Trust. Lets not also forget that it takes two to tango. Maybe nobody wants the trash that people are comming up with in there "fantasy trades" on this board.

Lets see if we can package 3 of the Holland sucks thread, 4 of the goalie threads, and 5 of the bring back x player, in a deal for a first rounder from Ana!

It seems like holland made a good "plan" to make sure there was enough cap space that he COULD make a trade. However, just because we have the cap space does not mean that there is any deal out there that makes sense for this team. It would be a really bad idea for a GM to say well we have cap space lets fill it up no matter what. It is unlikely that we have what is necessary to pull of a major trade because we are unwilling to give up our future. It is never a good idea to spend it just because you've got it.