• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NHLrules?

What happened, Holland? Cap space for what?

Rate this topic

...we trust this guy? He's brought us DISAPPOINTMENT every year!!!

...if he thinks that just landing Hossa will give this team a Cup he's an bigger idiot than I thought! He hasn't even landed Hossa yet!!!!

...Fedorov, Foote, Salei all players we could have gotten EASILY and he lets them go! I know what he's gonna say, "We were'nt prepared to give up what they were asking." BULLs***! If you f*cking think that your team is better off holding on the crap like Hudler and Filuplla and Sammy and whoever else isn't on the first line, then you need to check into a psycho ward, bastard!!!

...EVERY F*CKING YEAR HE DOES THIS TO US!!! We need a top6 scorer we need a big defensman, we need this, we need that!!! What do you we get? DARREN F*CKING MCCARTY!!!!!! F*CK YOU!

...this team will end up in the 3rd seed of the playoffs and lose in the first round!!! When the F*CK are we gonna stop believing that this guy is a good GM!?!?!?

...same s*** is gonna happen on draft day and then on July 1st! This guy has to go, I am officially handing in my Red Wings card, this team is doomed as long as Holland is in charge...

...Avs will make the playoffs, prolly play us in the first round and whoop the s*** out of us!

...Feds to Caps? You f*cking think Ovechkin is a scoring machine now? Wait till he has Fedorov setting him up?!?!

Holland is an idiot!

A lot of what you said made me laugh (DARREN F*CKING MCCARTY!!! for one :thumbup: hehe) but in all fairness at this point in time i have to agree with you... Holland is sitting doing nothing and we need something to happen FAST!

Just hopes he's waiting just to shock the world with the biggest trade on the year! (wishful thinking huh?)

Guest Jeremy88

Someone record Holland when he says that the current team is good enough to win the cup...then replay it for him when we're eliminated round 1

OMFG PITTSBURGH GOT HOSSA FOR NOTHING! NOTHING!

f*** YOU HOLLAND.

OMFG. Everything went SO cheap and Holland di NOTHING. f***.

We just got Brad Stuart for "Nothing." Happy now???

And Hossa for nothing? Christensen, Esposito, Armstrong, and a 1st are hardly nothing, and all for a possible rental player. Not to mention the 7-8 million hossa will want next year if he stays. Malkin will be wanting the same, if not 8+. Pittsburgh payed for that trade.

And what did Holland miss out on?

Fedorov and Foote werent coming here to begin with. Our division rival isnt going to help us get stronger.

Do you want chris simon here? Me either.

Hal Gill and Wade Belak? LOL

Brad Richards? We dont need a center, especially one making 8 million a year. He may be the most overpayed player in the league. Also, we dont need to give up a Howard, Flip, Hudler like return to get him. Not worth it.

Christian Backman, Andrew Ladd, Matt Cooke, Bryce Salvador, Rob Davidson...nothing exciting there.

Lapointe!!! Arent Drake and Mccarty enough as far as retread Wings of yesteryear?

Brian Campbell I would have liked, but again salary comes into play, and he is due a big payday this summer.

Salei...eh. Id take him for physicalitys sake, but he isnt an impact player.

Prospal. He was the player I think we missed out on. He and Dats would have been good together....

So really, the people that did go cheap werent huge deals for the most part, and the rest that didnt werent worth the price for rentals.

Edited by GiantRobot

I just love how Holland had admitted since last summer that we NEEDED a TOP SIX forward ... and then eh sa on his hands all season.

Our offense is super-thin. Right now we only have TWO forwards who I am comfortable with producing. and we have about 6 who I am confident may not score again this season.

I just love how Holland had admitted since last summer that we NEEDED a TOP SIX forward ... and then eh sa on his hands all season.

Our offense is super-thin. Right now we only have TWO forwards who I am comfortable with producing. and we have about 6 who I am confident may not score again this season.

Other than the Sens, weve scored the most goals in the league.

39 more than the Sharks

33 more than the Ducks

33 more than the Canucks

30 more than the Wild

20 more than the Flames

14 more than the Preds

4 more than the Stars

So with the exception of Dallas and Nashville, we score just fine compared to the ther potential playoff teams.

OMFG PITTSBURGH GOT HOSSA FOR NOTHING! NOTHING!

f*** YOU HOLLAND.

OMFG. Everything went SO cheap and Holland di NOTHING. f***.

Are you kidding?!?! Pittsburgh over payed quite a bit. Christenssen, Armstrong, Esposito and a 1st ‎for Hossa and Dupuis. All that for a rental, there is no way they fit him long term with Crosby and Malkin making what they are.

And holland did do something.

Holland=less than impressive... prices weren't that bad...

Yeah the Pens gave up only 3 players and a first round pick for hossa. And the Stars gave up 3 good players for Richards and the Sharks gave up a good player and a 1st rounder for a guy that the Wings didn't need and wouldn't have resigned. And everyone else that moved, other than maybe Prospal, wasn't going to make or break the Wings. Sorry Fedorov wasn't going to put this team over the top. Would he have helped maybe maybe not. The last time he played in the playoffs for the Wings he had a total of one goal in that sweep against the Ducks. And that was 5 years ago.

Are you kidding?!?! Pittsburgh over payed quite a bit. Christenssen, Armstrong, Esposito and a 1st ‎for Hossa and Dupuis. All that for a rental, there is no way they fit him long term with Crosby and Malkin making what they are.

And holland did do something.

Exactly. They pulled a NYI. Gave up a crap load for a guy just for a few months. Hossa will not be a Pen next year. If he is Pitt. will be the next version of where TB is now.

Edited by StevieY9802

...Fedorov, Foote, Salei all players we could have gotten EASILY and he lets them go! I know what he's gonna say, "We were'nt prepared to give up what they were asking." BULLs***! If you f*cking think that your team is better off holding on the crap like Hudler and Filuplla and Sammy and whoever else isn't on the first line, then you need to check into a psycho ward, bastard!!!

...EVERY F*CKING YEAR HE DOES THIS TO US!!! We need a top6 scorer we need a big defensman, we need this, we need that!!! What do you we get? DARREN F*CKING MCCARTY!!!!!! F*CK YOU!

You're not even funny. Just frustrating. You don't want Filppula, Hudler, Sammy, Lebda... who does? What GM is thinking, "That's it. This is the deadline that I just HAVE to have Mikeal Samuelsson, no matter what it costs." You have to actually give something up to get something.

You're not even funny. Just frustrating. You don't want Filppula, Hudler, Sammy, Lebda... who does? What GM is thinking, "That's it. This is the deadline that I just HAVE to have Mikeal Samuelsson, no matter what it costs." You have to actually give something up to get something.

Why use rationale?

Holland did good I think, I wish we could have used that higher pick for Prospal instead but since our D-men are hurting I can understand this move. You guys can all be worried if you want but you shouldn't be, it wasnt much more than 3 weeks ago I heard almost every sportscaster saying that we don't even need to make a move, But now only because were in a supreme slump with an injured group we suddenly need to make serious moves. Please. NEWSFLASH people. Pretty much everyone that is hurt will be ready to go come playoff time and when our team is not injured we are pretty much unstoppable. Believe in the system.

I said it in the offeason that there would be no reason to save all that room when Holland would never give up the pieces to acquire the big names that would fill it. Hopefully, next season people will stop getting their hopes up for the big names cause it aint happening.

I said it in the offeason that there would be no reason to save all that room when Holland would never give up the pieces to acquire the big names that would fill it. Hopefully, next season people will stop getting their hopes up for the big names cause it aint happening.

Exactly.

I'm happy with the Stuart trade, but very disappointed in every other regard. He keeps claiming that he wants all this cap space, yet every year he never uses it. It's ridiculous. Just spend it all up in free agency, because it makes no sense to let cap space go to waste.

As I said: I'm happy the Wings have Stuart. But, I'm unhappy that Holland didn't get a forward, and he'll stick it out with that awful 2nd line...

Exactly.

I'm happy with the Stuart trade, but very disappointed in every other regard. He keeps claiming that he wants all this cap space, yet every year he never uses it. It's ridiculous. Just spend it all up in free agency, because it makes no sense to let cap space go to waste.

Just because the Wings have the cap space doesn't mean they should've spent it on the crap availible on the free agent market last summer.

Exactly.

As I said: I'm happy the Wings have Stuart. But, I'm unhappy that Holland didn't get a forward, and he'll stick it out with that awful 2nd line...

What do you mean "every year"?

Holland acquired two players at the deadline last year with what cap space he had and had very little cap space the year the Wings got Cross. In fact, the Wings got Cross because they had very little cap space. This is the first year they've had a lot of it. I'm disappointed Holland didn't get a forward, but no one out there was that impressive aside from Hossa.

Guest CaliWingsNut

I think holland was after sundin, and after he didn't waive his contract he went for hossa. However I don't see Holland one-upping that offer from the Pens...

I think holland was after sundin, and after he didn't waive his contract he went for hossa. However I don't see Holland one-upping that offer from the Pens...

I could see that.

I can understand people being disappointed and that anger being directed at holland. But it's not like he's sitting on his hands, or thinks the Wings don't need offense. It just means he didn't get a guy signed. People seem to think because we didn't sign Hossa, that must mean Holland didn't even pick up the phone.

Exactly.

Yep, thats just how i feel...definitely happy we got Stuart, but its hard to even be pleased about it considering we did jack s*** at forward. Like him or not, Holland deserves criticism from everybody for the way this all played out with the pointless cap space.

Yep, thats just how i feel...definitely happy we got Stuart, but its hard to even be pleased about it considering we did jack s*** at forward. Like him or not, Holland deserves criticism from everybody for the way this all played out with the pointless cap space.

Can you imagine if he had made moves though? Kopecky & Hudler for Gratton and a 3rd, Sammy for Ryder. No complaining then!

Something I just realized, the Avs got Foote and Forsberg back, s*** son, WE NEED SHANNY!

Can you imagine if he had made moves though? Kopecky & Hudler for Gratton and a 3rd, Sammy for Ryder. No complaining then!

Something I just realized, the Avs got Foote and Forsberg back, s*** son, WE NEED SHANNY!

Nope, definitely no complaining there! (well im sure there'd still be some, but i wouldnt be one of them)

I would at least like to know if Hudler was being shopped at all...