• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ShanahanMan

If we lose this series, will Holland be fired?

Rate this topic

I know I'm probably gonna get flamed like hell for this by all you Holland lovers but I want to get some honest opinions here. If we lose this series, it will be the 3rd loss in 5 years to a team in the first round. Two of which would be after we finished first in the league. All you Holland lovers argue that, "he gives us a consistently good team every year, he builds a team that lands us a president's trophy, blah blah blah." I say, who gives a s*** if we have a great season just to lose AGAIN in the first round. This year, Holland had PLENTY of cap space and ability to make some good mvoes in the summer......he got Rafalski and.....thats it (unless you count Drake). Uhhh.....what happened the secondary scoring we DESPERATELY need? Holland says he's saving room for the trade deadline. Fair enough. Trade deadline comes......and we get......Stuart? A good acquisition but he still failed to address what we really needed and that was MORE scorers! He had chances to pull the trigger and land us some good guys......and failed. He liked what we "have" and didn't want to "give away the future".....the excuse he so often uses. Well Holland, the future ain't looking too good right now either. I believe Flip has one point so far? I know when we can come back and win this series......but I really think if we don't, Holland is to blame.....especially considering we had some quality chances to make our team a lot better. I've said it ebfore and will say it again....this guy gets way too much praise for what he does.....which is basically very little.

Would he fire himself?

Was it over for the US when japan bombed pearl harbor?

was it over for Millen when the lions missed the playoffs yet again?

No to all three of them

I really don't think he would be because it's not really his fault that the players aren't performing well..... As was mentioned I do wonder about Babcock. I personally hope Babcock is able to stick around, but someone will most likely have to take the fall.

After the 2-0 start tonight for nashville and the quick goal right after our goal I was feeling sick to my stomach, but once ozzie was in net the players seemed to be more relaxed and focused and to be honest I felt better as well. If we could stop giving up goals two within a few minutes or less of one another we might be alright. it's just a pain to try to come back from down two goals against a team like nashville who can play the "prevent" defense so well.......

I'm still trying to keep the faith that we'll turn things around. They did it a few years ago against nashville so they can do it again (granted it is a different team, but anything is possible).

heh, will it seems pretty unanimous on here. I personally would like to see him canned......thats just me though. He did such an awful job this year with free agency and the trade deadline. IMO at least.

Edited by ShanahanMan

One thing I don't understand is why Holland is held in such high regard. Yes, he is good at what he does, but he has a lot of help, and his job isn't that hard. I'd like to see what he could do in Montreal or Florida.

Everyone seems to forget that the Wings dynasty fell into his lap. He didn't build the ship, he just took over after it set sail.

One thing I don't understand is why Holland is held in such high regard. Yes, he is good at what he does, but he has a lot of help, and his job isn't that hard. I'd like to see what he could do in Montreal or Florida.

Everyone seems to forget that the Wings dynasty fell into his lap. He didn't build the ship, he just took over after it set sail.

I don't agree with what you have to say all that often, but I'm with ya pretty much 100% on this one.

He shouldn't be fired if we lose this series, but I'll absolutely snap if anyone ever tries to argue that he's the best in the business again.

If this team bows out in the first round, it's pretty inexcusable to have left that much cap room on the table and to have not found a way to get a forward at the deadline. Fedorov or Prospal would look really good in our jersey right now, and neither one cost all that much.

THANK YOU, thats exactly what I am saying. He was given the dynasty as a welcome present. The 2002 Wings were pretty much put together by the former GM.......he was given the team.

If this team bows out in the first round, it's pretty inexcusable to have left that much cap room on the table and to have not found a way to get a forward at the deadline. Fedorov or Prospal would look really good in our jersey right now, and neither one cost all that much.

agreed.

I don't agree with what you have to say all that often, but I'm with ya pretty much 100% on this one.

He shouldn't be fired if we lose this series, but I'll absolutely snap if anyone ever tries to argue that he's the best in the business again.

I say the same thing here :lol:

Yup yup yup

He should have never let Sergei get the chance to walk in the first place. Nothing pisses me off more about Holland than that. Well, maybe bringing back Hasek the first time, but that's a different story....

there is 0 chance of holland or babcock getting fired. babcock is one of the top 3 coaches in the league and I would think that some major trades would happen before people start getting fired. i.e. trading for ryan miller.... dealing flip maybe? i justdon't think the wings would make such a rash move like that

flip has been a no show and i gotta say this guy is either decent or awful. he's certainly not a god like he is treated by the wings management and should not be considered "untouchable". I realllyyyy wish we woulda dealt him for hossa. just my 2 cents.

Jesus, we lose 2 games and its time to pull out the hammers and fire people? Remember last year against the Flames and the Sharks? Lost 2 games in a row, but bounce back to win the series? News-flash people: we arent last years Ducks who waltzed right into the WCF series.