• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NEEDMOREGRIT

Time for a new captain?

Rate this topic

Why can't Lilja be the captain.

He's the best looking player on the team, he blocks shots (when's the last time Lidstrom blocked a shot), and he does all his talking with his fists, just like a man should.

To me, that exemplifies leadership qualities.

Oh so he could be like our Brenden Morrow...NICE! :rolleyes:

yep its that time of year.the wings are old and washed up ken holland is a wanker and dom needs to be put out of his misery.

go wings

CHILL OUT PEOPLE!

What the hell is going on aruond here? Two freaking losses and suddenly we're firing Holland, taking Lidstrom's captaincy away, surrendering the series and more?

Scum-sucking fairweather fans. Doesn't anyone remember last year? The EXACT same thing happened. Or 2004? Both years we got out of the 1st round. You lose games. 2-2 series are EXTREMELY common. And now we're going back to Detroit with the hot goalie on OUR side and a lot of momentum from that late almost-rally. Experience will win out.

Wings in 6.

I think the moment you change the C you lose faith from your players... as if changing C could turn around a whole series (im not saying its impossible but just really unlikely).

If you think we need someone to talk on the ice a lot more and rally the troops, then any player on the roster who wants to win will do that! Plus, im from UK and i would KILL to see a game at JLA, esp during playoffs. You think we need someone to inspire us, get fans in the arena. My local soccer team in London has the best atmosphere ive witnessed and it really helps the players.

But just on another note... how much would you love to see Dom or Ozzie screaming their heads off to try and inspire the team :lol: . In soccer match in UK a goalkeeper actually almost fought his own player because he wanted to win so bad.... look at this.....

While I don't think we should consider taking the captaincy away from nick, I do know what you're saying. While people are sayign Yzerman was a silent leader as well, it makes me think they are forgetting alot of his games, especially in the playoffs. He got pretty vocal at times, whether he was getting his team going or arguing with refs, Yzerman showed emotion when he had to whereas Nick is almost too silent. I never see alot of emotion coming from him which would be nice to see. I think everyone is blind to this thread because how incredible of a PLAYER Lids is. An aamzing player is not neccessarily an amazing captain. Sure there is alwyas the "leads by example" argument, but that can only go so far. I would personally love to see Lids getting his team pumped on the bench, or going outside of his style and making a big hit just to get his team going. Either way, he's still a pretty good captain, I just think us wings fans are used to the Y.

I think it might be time to give the C to someone like Chelios.Someone who is more vocal and can get this team more riled up.We all know nick is more of a silent leader and its not working.The captain aloso needs to tell people like Samuelson and Flip to stop being passengers and make something happen.Cheli or Drapes would make a better captain, hell even Cleary.

i COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THIS. Only the Captain has the privilege of arguing with the ref and getting away with it. There's been so much chippy stuff going on and horrible calls... If it were Yzerman, he'd be in the refs face making sure the ref knows what's up. Unfortunately, it's proper to name a captain that will be around for a while which omits Cheli. Although, it would be great if he were Captain now.

I think it might be time to give the C to someone like Chelios.Someone who is more vocal and can get this team more riled up.We all know nick is more of a silent leader and its not working.The captain aloso needs to tell people like Samuelson and Flip to stop being passengers and make something happen.Cheli or Drapes would make a better captain, hell even Cleary.

image006-1-1.gif

NUFF SAID!

If someone thinks putting a 'C' on someone else's jersey is going to fix our problems of late, let me smoke whatever you have. Veterans don't need a 'C' to voice their leadership. Lids has done an excellent job this year and there's no reason to take it away from him.

I didn't know I was in a New York Yankees thread

I fully agree. Chelios and Draper don't need the C to be vocal. Lids has played without being vocally loud but with blaring passion and heart like he always does (and like Yzerman did before him) and that does more than anything to create the atmosphere that the Wings need. (By the way that is also the best thing that Chells and Draps do to show their leadership not their vocals).

kitten2hb5.jpg

That would be neat-o ....let's do that. Anyway, can I trade Luke Skywalker for your Chubaka. By the way, my mom said she'd take us to the train store tomorrow...only if your mom can pick us up. Do you think she would stop by the store so we can buy a slurpee and candy like she did last time. That would be really neat-o.

Let's grow up and keep things in perspective...Lids is a fine captain and this question really should only be broached in August (if at all with Lids)...not knee-jerk reaction to a playoff lose.

I believe we are the best team in the league. I'll take a best out of three-game scenario any day of the week with any team in the leauge...I'd even give up home ice advantage....that's how much I believe in the Wings. I'm not worried one bit...Nashville is a really good team that has played us tight all year, we should expect these types of series. But there is no denying that we will prevail.+

Edited by Learn2LuvIt

You know I do have to admit, I love to see what people think need to be changed with the team when we start losing some in the playoffs. I mean, it just makes this site so much more entertaining!

i am amzed this thread made it this far and has not been deleted.i know this is a message board and all but this topic takes the cake.along with firing holland and whatever other crap is posted. grow up people and act like a supportive fan.thank you

go wings!

You know I do have to admit, I love to see what people think need to be changed with the team when we start losing some in the playoffs. I mean, it just makes this site so much more entertaining!

i for one cant stand it.all that talk about how nashville fans blah,blah,blah and look at some of these topics*shakes head in disgust*

There have been some questionable threads following the Wings' losses the last two games, but this is undoubtedly the stupidest. :nono:

I cannot afford to waste minutes of my life reading the entire thread - but looks like thankfully noone agrees with you.

Let's take a quick quiz:

How many Norris trophies does Lidstrom have on his shelf?

What was the Wings' record with Lidstrom out of the line-up this year?

How many times had the Wings been to the WCF since 2002 before Nick was made Captain?

Who led the team in points in last years' playoffs?

What other Captain can you think of that led by example with his on-ice play?

Shall I continue?

Apart from playing goalie himself (see Sharks game 6 last year) there is nothing Nick can do if we have a complete sieve in net.....Wings fans should be proud we have such a Captain.