• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WCSF Game 3 GDT: Red Wings 4, Avalanche 3

Rate this topic

I agree about the rebounds but he got it under control when it counted more than ever. He's just been strong...not crumbling at all when it gets a little tighter and just keeping it calm and then making big saves to keep us in it. He's just been great. Nothing short of it thus far.

f*** Osgood, see how many people are going down on him when the Wings are down 0-2 to Dallas...it makes no sense to me how people can get so worked up when a guy is on a win streak and then so down when it goes the other way...it just makes you look stupid.

f*** Osgood, see how many people are going down on him when the Wings are down 0-2 to Dallas...it makes no sense to me how people can get so worked up when a guy is on a win streak and then so down when it goes the other way...it just makes you look stupid.

:blink:

Say what now?

you sir, are a ****** canoe.

the guy just won his 5th game in a row making him 5 and 0 in the playoffs. lick one.

now. the wings played like crap for the first 15 min of the third and nearly stellar the rest of the game. and i'm A-ok with that. even the pens let the rangers crawl back to 3-3 tonight only to squash their hopes in the third. it happens. we are up 3-0 to a team most people picked to win in six. and will win in 5 games at most.

Huds

i listened close on the replay and could've sworn i heard two quick pings,i think it hit two posts...but maybe i'm mistaken...anyway,good try huddles....one more win and we lose these clowns i the dust!!!

Anyone else notice Hannan at the end of the game? It looked like he hurt his foot again when him and Filppula went down behind the Avs net in the final seconds of the game. I noticed he couldn't put any weight on it during the last shift.

I was reading the post-game quotes and here's a couple beauties from Floppa:

Forsberg was assessed a 4-minute penalty for high-sticking Samuelsson, who lost a tooth, and Datsyuk assisted Henrik Zetterberg for the score on the power play to make it 4-2.

"I didn't realize I hit him," Forsberg said. "But I guess he was bleeding so I guess I did hit him, so I have nothing to say. If he's bleeding, it's four minutes. I didn't think I hit him that hard."

Forsberg added that he felt Samuelsson sold the call.

"Definitely. He's laying there on the ice and I barely touched him," Forsberg said.

Yea, Floppa. You barely touched him. Because teeth just pop out on their own all the time.

Edited by WhiteLightning91

the "Dive" earned their name tonight

they shouldn't be embarrassed about getting their ass handed to them in their own building nearly as much as they should be for trying to play the refs instead of playing the game. Hell, I'm embarrassed for them, and their fans...and the refs...and the NHL...and the state of Colorado...possibly Earth.

Edited by 58Miles2Joe

The Avs played their most consistent game of the series. They had much more of a sustained forecheck and a lot more traffic in front of the net. They looked like a desperate team (unlike, say SJ...), and they never let the Wings get out of distance. So I give them credit. Tough break losing Stastny.

But the Wings took their best shot and stifled them. The game was more wide open then I thought, but I was really, really impressed with how the Wings shut the Avs down the last four minutes. ZDH's best game of the series, hands down, especially at the end of the game: 1:00 on the ice for them was 1:00 spent by Colorado chasing them around their own zone.

Floppa's final line: TOI16:05 0G 0A 0+/- 4SOG and 6PIM in the second period, leading to Hank's GWG. Second coming of Christ indeed.

I don't give a s*** what the masses think. Of course they'll be flipping out if we're down 0-2 to Dallas. Thank you for that brilliant observation. Do I care what the masses think? No. I look at the play going on and I express an opinion. He's playing great right now. So you're trying to tell me I shouldn't be objective in the moment incase it comes back to bite me in the butt? Sure, ok.

As it stands right now based on numbers and just a general win/loss ratio, we've got the best goalie in the West. Fleury's the only one comparable and it's looking like the Pens are well on their way to making it to the Finals and I'll take Osgood over Turco any day of the week. I think we've got a pretty good shot. In any event, as it stands right now, Osgood's given more than enough reasons to deserve a little praise right now.

It's tough to not notice your avatar and make assumptions, but you know, to hell with it...maybe it's time to get over it already, eh?

I know you aren't talking about me on this one....

Glad you already predict the wings being down 2-0 to a team that can't win at the Joe ;) makes you just look stupid

I know you aren't talking about me on this one....

Glad you already predict the wings being down 2-0 to a team that can't win at the Joe ;) makes you just look stupid

Yeah but dude, you are forgetting this team is old, has no secondary scoring, can't win without old red wing player x, is a bunch of soft euro's, has no goaltending, was done after 2-2 series against Nas, etc. etc. etc.

Just another poster with no faith in the winged wheel, whether they be a wings fan or not it seems like no one thinks the Wings can do it. Sure they have had more early post season failures than any other ORG. But when you are in the playoffs every year for 15 years you are bound to have a let down or 2. Where as if you are only in the post season for 1-2 years every 7-10 years you don't have the comparisons.

The only team that comes remotely close to the success the Wings have had is NJ, other than that every other team is just hoping to be what the Wings are, and their fan base is Jealous because at the start of every April Hockey season is over for their team. Even Dallas, SJS, ANA, OTT, any other recently successful team all you have to do is go back a couple of years to see them not in the post season.

Yeah but dude, you are forgetting this team is old, has no secondary scoring, can't win without old red wing player x, is a bunch of soft euro's, has no goaltending, was done after 2-2 series against Nas, etc. etc. etc.

Just another poster with no faith in the winged wheel, whether they be a wings fan or not it seems like no one thinks the Wings can do it. Sure they have had more early post season failures than any other ORG. But when you are in the playoffs every year for 15 years you are bound to have a let down or 2. Where as if you are only in the post season for 1-2 years every 7-10 years you don't have the comparisons.

The only team that comes remotely close to the success the Wings have had is NJ, other than that every other team is just hoping to be what the Wings are, and their fan base is Jealous because at the start of every April Hockey season is over for their team. Even Dallas, SJS, ANA, OTT, any other recently successful team all you have to do is go back a couple of years to see them not in the post season.

Well said, and it seems since Babcock's had time to put his stamp on the team, trim some fat and ice some goalies that can actually play, we've been fairly successful. Semi's last year and it's looking like we'll be there again pretty quick this year. I dig that.

Well said, and it seems since Babcock's had time to put his stamp on the team, trim some fat and ice some goalies that can actually play, we've been fairly successful. Semi's last year and it's looking like we'll be there again pretty quick this year. I dig that.

Each year under Babcock has shown a steady, noticeable improvement. I say the Wings should just keep flying under the radar all the way to the Cup.

The Dallas series (assuming we beat Colorado) is going to be insane. I know very little about them this year, are they playing extremely physical?

Either way that sereis has potential to go the distance.

Foreskin should not be playing in the next game. The slash/high stick was obvious against Sammy. Crap they actually found his tooth which should be proof enough. I will be seriously pissed off if Foreskin is playing in the next game.

Gimma break.....there was hardly any intent there by Forsberg. Not only will he not be suspended, he absolutely shouldn't. These things happen, and there was no ill-intention on his high-stick.

Each year under Babcock has shown a steady, noticeable improvement. I say the Wings should just keep flying under the radar all the way to the Cup.

The Dallas series (assuming we beat Colorado) is going to be insane. I know very little about them this year, are they playing extremely physical?

Either way that sereis has potential to go the distance.

Guys like Cleary, Drake, Helm, Draper, Mule, Homer are Babcock type guys. Now that is not to say that Z, Lids, and Dats aren't players he loves/respects/likes but I think he judges his teams or creates them based on the grinding type player. Hell he has every forward line on this team playing a defensive role.

Yet at the same time he has embraced the Det culture, the puck possession style, Very very rarely is there a dump and chase.

The way that this team leaves the zone is straight magic. I can't count the amount of times the D are leaving the zone and a forward is the last one out of the zone.

It almost looks like a viable option to beat the trap.

But I agree Babcock has stamped this team his own, while at the same time behind the scenes he is picking the brains of guys like Yzerman and Bowman.

3 years 50+, back to back WCFs, that is all that is needed to say, well except it would be nice to add a certain piece of silver hardware to his resume!!!

Guys like Cleary, Drake, Helm, Draper, Mule, Homer are Babcock type guys. Now that is not to say that Z, Lids, and Dats aren't players he loves/respects/likes but I think he judges his teams or creates them based on the grinding type player. Hell he has every forward line on this team playing a defensive role.

Yet at the same time he has embraced the Det culture, the puck possession style, Very very rarely is there a dump and chase.

The way that this team leaves the zone is straight magic. I can't count the amount of times the D are leaving the zone and a forward is the last one out of the zone.

It almost looks like a viable option to beat the trap.

But I agree Babcock has stamped this team his own, while at the same time behind the scenes he is picking the brains of guys like Yzerman and Bowman.

3 years 50+, back to back WCFs, that is all that is needed to say, well except it would be nice to add a certain piece of silver hardware to his resume!!!

Wonderfully said.

The thing thats so great about what Babs brings to the table is that he's kind of retooled the Wings similarly to what Bowman did. The key to what he's doing is that he came here and didn't throw away the Wings puck-possession game, he simply altered it to fit the style of play he wants his team to be playing. He brought an "undeserving" Ducks team to within one win of the Stanley Cup, and now he has arguably the best team in the league playing a hybrid of Detroit puck-possession hockey and the tough-to-play-against grinding/defensively responsible game he coached in Anaheim.

This guy is everything Detroit needs in a coach and as far as I'm concerned, he needs to stay in Detroit for a hell of a long time.

The last minute was so good that I think I'm sexually aroused.

:shock::lol:

I noticed Stuart putting a bunch of wussie Avs players on there asses.

Most notably, Floppa, plus he didn't even have to dive on that one!

Wait, who looks stupid?

This guy is everything Detroit needs in a coach and as far as I'm concerned, he needs to stay in Detroit for a hell of a long time.

Yup! Babs rules. I was so, so happy when they dumped Lewis for him. This team is amazing when they "play the right way".

Says the guy with a Hasek avatar

Edited by dallas27