• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
96warrior

Forsberg out of game 4

Rate this topic

No asterisk necessary. The Wings are doing what a team of their talent should do to an injured team. Every team has bad luck. No refs or injuries necessary to beat the Avs. I especially hate the ref argument because the terrible calls (and non-calls) have gone both ways pretty evenly this series.

Yeah, we've disagreed a lot lately and I've been ignoring you intentionally after your claim Forsberg had no intent in the high stick. Absolutely he did. Maybe not to chop off Sammie's head, but there was definitely intent there. *scowling at you*

Really? Why have you been ignoring me just because I disagreed with you on the Forsberg high stick intent? I just saw it differently than you, I didn't think that was a reason to ignore me.

And you know darn well that winning this series will be no big deal if half their corps is out. "Wings beat Colorado's farm club to advance to WCF."

I'm kind of confused by this statement. Are you telling me that in regards to how the media will perceive, or that you will feel like the Wings got a free pass due to injuries? If the latter is the case, I simply posed the obvious question in regards to the Wings missing a lot of their top talent during last years WCF's. I don't really feel the Ducks have to defend themselves for beating the Griffins defense, and I don't feel the Wings should have to defend themselves for another teams misfortune, because thats what it is....a misfortune.

sirdrake is alive and well as far as I know, but what's to stop Chris Chelios from banning him?

Touche

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

The thing is though, we had/have the cap space and we have plenty of depth to afford the gamble. He would kinda be like a side-gig.
Depth or not, Peter Forsberg didn't belong in a Wings uniform. Never will.

Now as hockey fans, we can talk and I can give the dude respect for what he has done, and how he plays the game. He is [or once was, anyways] tough as hell and gave his all everytime he stepped on the ice.

As a Wings fan, he gets grouped in with such players as Bertuzzi and the like, as players who never EVER should wear the Winged wheel. Bertuzzi days were past him when he came here, and he looked ridiculous in our jersey, not to mention he stands for all the wrong things.

I hate to question any hockey player - but is he hurt bad enough that he absolutely physically cannot play? Or does he know it ends tonight so he doesn't want to risk further injury to his groin/ankle whatever? It's not like he's risking his career since it is obviously pretty much done anyways.

I've obviously never had a groin injury so in that regard it may not be fair to question him, but I'm sorry there is just something fishy about this whole thing. The Avs should get their 1 million back - or better yet - reimburse all the fans who they sold on buying tiks to see Forsberg the past month - and aside for the 6 games vs the Wild - he's rarely played.

Anyhow, i'll be there tonight for the sweep. :rolleyes:

Depth or not, Peter Forsberg didn't belong in a Wings uniform. Never will.

Now as hockey fans, we can talk and I can give the dude respect for what he has done, and how he plays the game. He is [or once was, anyways] tough as hell and gave his all everytime he stepped on the ice.

As a Wings fan, he gets grouped in with such players as Bertuzzi and the like, as players who never EVER should wear the Winged wheel. Bertuzzi days were past him when he came here, and he looked ridiculous in our jersey, not to mention he stands for all the wrong things.

I know. I'm not arguing with that. More just a general comment trying to be objective about taking a risk like that. I believe I said later in the post that that doesn't necessarily mean I think we should sign him. I at least thought that while making the post...ha...

I can hardly wait to hear all the whining and complaining about how the "only reason the wings won is because the avs didn't have forsberg and statsny." We all know it's coming so, be prepared.

But what I want to know is this: where's the mighty Joe Sakic? Where's Milan Hejduk? Where's Adam Foote? Where the HELL is Jose Theodore, and all of the rest of the guys that sit on the Avs bench? Come playoff time, your entire team has to step up. You can't just rely on the skills of one or two players. Without depth, you lose series.

Our leading scorer in the playoffs is Johan frickin Franzen. A second liner. Our leading assist getter is Kronwall. As the playoffs have progressed, our bench is stepping up the pace and getting the job done. The avs need to stop bitching and do the same.

http://redwingscorner.blogspot.com/

Forsberg out for Game 4

Colorado coach Joel Quenneville just announced that Peter Forsberg and Ryan Smyth will not be in the lineup for tonight's Game 4. With Paul Stastny also out, the Avalanche will dress seven defensemen. That means they'll skate three forward lines, rotating two extra forwards in.

"We realized (Forsberg) had health issues when he came here," said Quenneville.

What the hell took you so long?

And you know darn well that winning this series will be no big deal if half their corps is out.

Well I would argue that most of their core was in for games 1 and 2 and we still kicked their ass.

Forsberg out game 1 & 2: he wasn't here all season anyways - i don't even consider him a "core" player since he can only go about 1/10 times.

Hannan and Wolski started game 1 - out for game 2

Smyth played game 1 and game 2.

Star goalie Theodore and dynamic duo Sakic & Hejduk have all been in and SUCKED, (aside from Hejduk). Their defensive duo of Foote and Salei have both sucked it up too.

We all know damn well we would have won this series anyways with a fully healthy Avs roster - but yes the media pundits will spin it like the ONLY reason the Avs lost was because of the injuries. <_<

9(ish... more like 9:10) - 5 right here... cause they don't pay anything over with the economy so i don't give them any more than 8hours

Hell, at least you've got full time - I have only been able to find part time work, 10-3:30, 3-4 days a week. :P Only bonus is I don't have to drive in rush hour traffic. But the job is 40 miles from my house...:P

Anyway, regarding Forsberg - it's one thing to take a gamble on a player and once he gets here he gets injured. It could happen to anyone, really. But when you know his history as everyone - not just the Wings - knows about Forsberg, IMO it's just plain stupidity to take a chance on him and cross your fingers, hoping he would be well enough to play. If other teams (Colorado) want to be that stupid, then be my guest. I'm so glad the Wings passed on him, or rather, he passed on the Wings, depending on whom you believe.

I look at it this way - if we signed Forsberg, we may not have signed Stuart, who has been very good for us since the trade deadline. Give me Stuart over Forsberg any day.

I don't care what excuses the Avs fans/media use. It doesn't really matter what they think. The Red Wings are a better team, regardless of who Colorado throws on the ice. Injuries are part of the game, and the Red Wings took advantage of it, like good teams do.

Excuses are for losers. Not surprisingly, Colorado has a lot of them.

Edited by GoWings1905

I can hardly wait to hear all the whining and complaining about how the "only reason the wings won is because the avs didn't have forsberg and statsny." We all know it's coming so, be prepared.

For sure. When we lose it's because we are too old to compete with the "youngsters" on the other team. But when we win, it's because the other team was too banged up and therefore was an easy target for our geriatric Wings. :rolleyes: Whatever, beeshes. Say what you will, we'll just take Stanley home with us, thankyouverymuch.

But what I want to know is this: where's the mighty Joe Sakic? Where's Milan Hejduk? Where's Adam Foote? Where the HELL is Jose Theodore, and all of the rest of the guys that sit on the Avs bench? Come playoff time, your entire team has to step up. You can't just rely on the skills of one or two players. Without depth, you lose series.

You know, I found myself wondering the same thing the other night - I was watching the game and thinking, "I haven't heard Joe Sakic's name very much so far in this series." Ditto for the others you mentioned. It's clear the Wings are the better team...they beat the Avs soundly in the regular season and they have been solid against them thus far in the playoffs.

Our leading scorer in the playoffs is Johan frickin Franzen. A second liner. Our leading assist getter is Kronwall. As the playoffs have progressed, our bench is stepping up the pace and getting the job done. The avs need to stop bitching and do the same.

It seems like every playoff year the Wings have a player or a line that seems to step up to the plate - like an unsung hero, so to speak. Someone who you look at and say, "He's playing out of his mind!" This year so far it's Johan Franzen, but a close second IMO is Chris Osgood. Ozzie's been there, done that, but he was called upon to take over for Dom when he faltered, and has been nothing short of spectacular so far.

Here's hoping the whole team keeps playing like it has been and only gets better...one more win tonight and we're halfway to Stanley!

I don't care how banged up this Avs team might be. This game is played on the ice, not on paper or on a sports Internet forum. I still expect the Avs to come out hard. The Wings need to take advantage of the Avs injury misfortunes though and end this series tonight. Do not give them any more hope than necessary that they can get back in this series.

And, assuming Detroit wraps this series up, we all need to stop worrying about media perceptions about the Wings advancing being "tainted" due to a depleted Avs squad? I couldn't care less what sports media says about this. It is a waste of time getting riled up about what sports writers think.

You could say the same thing about the Ducks last year against the Wings, or you could bring up countless other examples of teams advancing in the Stanley Cup playoffs or even the NBA playoffs because the other team was dinged up.

Is the Ducks championship tainted then because of this situation? No.

Is the San Antonio Spurs NBA championship last year tainted for whatever reason because they lucked out in not having to play #1 seed Dallas Mavericks last year with over 60+ wins, when Dallas got upset in the first round by Golden State? No.

The Wings were foruntate to miss the Avalanche I think in the 1998 playoffs when they got upset early by Edmonton. Does that make the '98 Wings championship tainted? No.

I'm sure the Rangers championship in 1994 got aided by more favorable matchups and some important players being injured as well.

I could go on and on and on...

Thems the breaks and you have to play the roster that is currently healthy. It was fortunate to work out for the Ducks last year, and it looks to be fortunate that it'll probably work out for the Red Wings at least in this series.

A depleted lineup, media perceptions, inconsistent officiating will not change the fact that the Detroit Red Wings advanced (assuming they did after tonight or 5 games or whatever) and are playing in the WCF. And you can say this same thing about pretty much any other series in the NHL or NBA for past examples.

Quit worrying about what other people might think of the Red Wings whether they have been "lucky" or "fortunate". Worrying about public perception of your favorite sports team or athlete is one of the biggest wastes of time in my opinion, is similar to watching paint dry, and causes unnecessary stress or discontent. This is going to be mentioned by somebody or some news source if the Wings advance, just let them write what they want to write in peace and go about their business gracefully.

Who cares about what they think, just accept that it will happen and enjoy a probable 2nd consecutive deep run in the playoffs.

Aren't the playoffs the time to play through nagging injuries and step up.....especially for an elimination game? Forsberg is a large, crusty, floppy, ******....nice pickup there Colorado, lol!

That is an insult to all vaginas everywhere.

Shame. :P