• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mclovin

Ribiero's swing at Ozzie

Rate this topic

OH come on, I could see maybe 1 game because of a swing. But lets be real he was hit first and Ozzie sold it. A good point against the s***ty as VS announcers is that what Turco is doing is just playing tough, but Ozzie was cheap......

I wasnt even that pissed that Ozzie was slashed, I was more pissed that Hasek might have to go in goal next game. Its not that dont like hasek, or think he sucks, cause I think he is a good goalie, its just Ozzie is playing phenomenal.

OH come on, I could see maybe 1 game because of a swing. But lets be real he was hit first and Ozzie sold it. A good point against the s***ty as VS announcers is that what Turco is doing is just playing tough, but Ozzie was cheap......

Just imagine if Holmstrom hauled off and chopped Turco in the chest one time when he gets knocked down or something. Wouldn't that be something.

Just proves how much classier Holms is than Ribiero.

Ozzie was not cheap. That's what goalies do when somebody's about to get run, they try to protect them a little bit. Turco was playing like a douchebag, but he wasn't doing anything terribly dangerous. What Ribeiro did was both stupid and dangerous though.

Regardless, even if Ozzie "started it" that's not an excuse for Ribeiro's actions.

So reaching out and tripping our guy onto the back of his head as he goes past the crease isn't cheap?

I wasnt even that pissed that Ozzie was slashed, I was more pissed that Hasek might have to go in goal next game. Its not that dont like hasek, or think he sucks, cause I think he is a good goalie, its just Ozzie is playing phenomenal.

Nooooo, let's not bring down THAT juju on ourselves...

A suspension is warranted IMO. Either way this game showed the stars were frustrated and that the Wings are getting to them. The swing, Turco was distracted , Ott was trying to start fights, ect.

<----- this guy is loving it!

I taped the game....

After reviewing the play, Ribiero should get a one game suspension no questions asked. The League doesn't want players swinging their sticks at opposing goalies when the game is over. To suggest Ozzie should miss a game as well is crazy. All Ozzie will get is a warning from the League to be careful with the butt end of his stick when guys are coming in, or at worse a $1,000 fine that won't even make it to the media.

Look at what Turco was doing to our guys, throwing punches and swinging his goalie stick. Turco shouldn't be suspended, and neither should Ozzie.

Also, I don't think Ozzie is the kind of guy to dive. He's been here 11 years, and we've never seen him fall down like he was shot, so why start now? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but if it was Hasek, I'd have to wonder. I'm sure, even with padding, getting hit with the blade of a stick would sting for 30 seconds.

Colin Campbell, the NHL's discipline czar as director of operations, was in attendance and saw it all.

I wonder if he was watching as closely as he was during a scrum in yesterdays Pens-Flyers game?. :D

tv2008050921592200qh0.png

Edited by Ontario Wingsfan

Yeah I just read that article too. TSN seems to think he'll be suspended for it, and they also called Ott out for his rough stuff.

Noticed that too. Would be interesting if Ott received disciplinary action too.

Question too...was it Robidas or Ribeiro that ran into Ozzie's stick? I'm confused now. Thought it was Ribeiro, but TSN said Robidas.

Turco heard second-hand that some of his teammates were accusing Osgood of butt-ending Robidas.

"If that's the case, a butt-end to somebody's face at any time is pretty gutless," said Turco.

...gutless? Coming from the guy who punches our guy in the back of the head and trips a guy skating by.

Noticed that too. Would be interesting if Ott received disciplinary action too.

Question too...was it Robidas or Ribeiro that ran into Ozzie's stick? I'm confused now. Thought it was Ribeiro, but TSN said Robidas.

They wont discipline Ott of course but it's entirely possible the officials could send him a message next game.

Let me start out saying that Mike Ribeiro was wrong for what he did. It was uncalled for and something that you should just not do. However I do not think that Ribeiro will be suspended for the whack. It was started by Osgood (intentional or not) by hitting Ribeiro in the face. I also believe that Osgood's dive was unsportsmanlike. I believe that if Ribeiro is suspeneded then one should be match for Osgood. Those are just my feeling, I am not here to flame. Thank you for reading my take of it.