• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mclovin

Ribiero's swing at Ozzie

Rate this topic

Haha, if you read some of the quotes after the game, Tippett believes the league will look at Ozzie. Turco called Ozzies "butt end" classless. A couple others.

I hate whiners, we only play against whiney teams, when was the last time the Wings whined about anything?

You know, I think Turco needs to shut his cakehole about classless play. I've seen some relatively dirty games played by goalies, and I know Detroit can be frustrating around the net, but come on. I haven't seen so many trips, pushes, and punches from one player in a game in a long time, let alone a goalie. If the league takes a look at Ozzie, they should sure as hell take a look at Turco, and the Officiating crew while they're at it. Game two was one of the worst examples of gamecalling I have seen in a long time in any sport, including College football, and mind you I watch a lot of ACC games...

Haha, if you read some of the quotes after the game, Tippett believes the league will look at Ozzie. Turco called Ozzies "butt end" classless. A couple others.

I hate whiners, we only play against whiney teams, when was the last time the Wings whined about anything?

haha JK Edited by Duck Guy

Wait..

Turco called Ozzie gutless/classless?

There goes me having any respect/liking Marty anymore. What a joke. Maybe he oughta watch the replay instead of just 'hearing' about it. Ozzie didn't intend to butt end Ribiero. He freaking TAPPED him as he skated by and it accidentally caught him in the face. If Ozzie is gutless what the hell is Ribiero for his uncalled for retaliation. This coming from Marty of all people who constantly loses his cool.

i still can't belive what i saw at the end of the game. He should be done for the playoffs but i know that will never happen. I would be surprised to see him get more then one game but hope he gets a couple.

I don't know if he has any other incidents that might get him a lengthy suspension. None that i can think of. Anyone know of any?

Had Osgood not said what he said about protecting Lidstrom, i would probably have believed that he was doing his end of the game routine where I believe he hits both posts on with the stick and one with the glove before he leaves the crease, he just caught the stars player on the way by.

My question is how is this any different from what the Flames goalie did to Mule last year in the playoffs. It was a blatant two-hander and he deserves a games suspension but nothing more.

Cheapshot by Ribeiro if you consider retaliation after an intentional stick knob to the face cheap...which it still is *sigh*. And it was a total dive by Ozzy, it was barely a tap right on his kevlar vest there (cue nongoalies explaining to me how little and thin padding there is on the chest, or how it was actually a Simon-swing to the throat not the mid chest)...nothing against him, Franzen could learn a thing or two last year vs. Cgy.

The absolute best thing about this situation is that Campbell was in attendance, and wasn't tainted by horribly poor commentary on the situation. He had an opportunity to gain his own perspective first, and that is to the Wings advantage.

The perfect revenge:

Ribiero suspended for rest of series.

Ozzie plays the most inspired hockey he's ever played and shuts out Dallas both games

Detroit offense rapes Turco both games

Both 2 and 3 occur in front of the Stars home crowd

Detroit goes on...Dallas goes home

Turco's one to talk about all of this. He punched Homer in the back of the head no fewer than 3 times this game.

Suspend Ribeiro for a game and be done with it. Personally, I'd like to see it be four (the precedent was set last postseason), but I'm realistic.

Turco's one to talk about all of this. He punched Homer in the back of the head no fewer than 3 times this game.

Suspend Ribeiro for a game and be done with it. Personally, I'd like to see it be four (the precedent was set last postseason), but I'm realistic.

That's what pisses me off more than anything. Especially since he was one of my faves off the Wings. Screw that. He has no room talking. He's a damn hypocrite.

HAHAHA Campbell in attendance.

You really think he has a clue?

Cmon guys, nothing will happen with this.

We need to fix this on the ice.

Hopefully DMac gives him a good hit and ends his playoffs.

BTW, Im tired of Chelios being abused in front of the net.

Hey Cheli, if your reading this, knock the mofo down before he has the chance to make a play and stop taking STUPID penalties.

The perfect revenge:

Ribiero suspended for rest of series.

Ozzie plays the most inspired hockey he's ever played and shuts out Dallas both games

Detroit offense rapes Turco both games

Both 2 and 3 occur in front of the Stars home crowd

Detroit goes on...Dallas goes home

I disagree.

The perfect revenge:

Let ribiero play

ozzy shuts them out.

Mac beats the ******* hell out of that piece of s*** untill he is a nothing but a bloody puddle over his team's logo at center ice.

Edited by Yzermania

What's up with everyone who says that the slash didn't/couldn't/shouldn't have hurt? If Osgood says it hurt...then it hurt. Who is anybody else to say? :blink: That shouldn't even be the issue!

On the flipside, if a stick that was dilberately swung and broken over top his arm/side whatever (which by the way is not the as a 100mph puck zinging at you) I could see why Osgood reacted the way he did just out of shock alone.

Thats not to say players don't overreact.

Fact: Osgood's buttend of stick caught Ribero in the face - Not intended. And that's based on Osgood's response, body language and past history, there was not an intent to injure. Maybe reckless use of stick-- but not intended. His back was turned to the play anyways.

Fact: Ribero took a 2 hander to Osgood's upper body - INTENDED. My guess is the league will give a 1-game to 2-game suspension with fine. Zero-tolerance on that stuff. Plus, that will help cool any brawl action next game. League is trying to cut down on all the bad press its been getting regarding the sticks to the face.

What's up with everyone who says that the slash didn't/couldn't/shouldn't have hurt? If Osgood says it hurt...then it hurt. Who is anybody else to say? :blink: That shouldn't even be the issue!

On the flipside, if a stick that was dilberately swung and broken over top his arm/side whatever (which by the way is not the as a 100mph puck zinging at you) I could see why Osgood reacted the way he did just out of shock alone.

Thats not to say players don't overreact.

Fact: Osgood's buttend of stick caught Ribero in the face - Not intended. And that's based on Osgood's response, body language and past history, there was not an intent to injure. Maybe reckless use of stick-- but not intended. His back was turned to the play anyways.

Fact: Ribero took a 2 hander to Osgood's upper body - INTENDED. My guess is the league will give a 1-game to 2-game suspension with fine. Zero-tolerance on that stuff. Plus, that will help cool any brawl action next game. League is trying to cut down on all the bad press its been getting regarding the sticks to the face.

Great post!

okay i dunno how, but i missed what Ozzie "did"

what happened with Chris?

ps. Ribeiro needs to be gone. the NHL BETTER do something about this. you dont just slash a goalie in the chest and get away with it. pads or no pads that has no weight to me.

Watched the replay a couple times and read everyone's input. Ozzie hit Ribs no question and Ribs had every reason to retaliate, after all he got hit in the face and barring any special powers I'm sure he didn't know if it was or wasn't an accident. If I got hit in the face I'd be pissed too even if it was a mistake. Now as for taking his stick and swinging it at Ozzie that was uncalled for, get in his face if you want, push him around, start a fight if you want but your crossing a line when you swing a stick at a player like that. Ribs lost his cool because they just lost and he was hit in the face but it was stupid for him to even risk being suspended his team needs him if they are gonna have any hopes of winning.

Personally I think that Ribeiro should want to be suspended for his own saftey because if he isn't punished by the commision then McCarty, Downey, Krownwall will definitely make sure he is punished. Players don't take it kindly when you look at their goalie the wrong way so Ribeiro better keep his head up.

And Ozzie next time watch what your doin with your stupid stick PLEASE!

okay i dunno how, but i missed what Ozzie "did"

what happened with Chris?

ps. Ribeiro needs to be gone. the NHL BETTER do something about this. you dont just slash a goalie in the chest and get away with it. pads or no pads that has no weight to me.

And not to mention...thats IF the buttend of Osgood's stick did in fact hit Ribiero in the face--given his history to fake injury. That old clip of him vs. Bruins makes my stomach quiver :bad::furious:

Personally I think that Ribeiro should want to be suspended for his own saftey because if he isn't punished by the commision then McCarty, Downey, Krownwall will definitely make sure he is punished. Players don't take it kindly when you look at their goalie the wrong way so Ribeiro better keep his head up.

:thumbup: got that right.

I don't think the Wings need to handle Ribeiro in these playoffs and I am sure the team will say the same thing. Write down the number and take notes for next season. I mean it is not like TURCO has been an Angel in his own end sending Filppula in the air and chopping Holmstrom like a Christmas tree.

Let's worry about winning the Cup.

I've watched the replay tons of times already. Ozzie did NOT intentionally hit Riberio. He put his stick out to somewhat tap him and unfortunately it went a bit high near the face. Regardless, a 2 handed slash to the chest does NOT justify it. Complete BS. Now everyone's calling for Oz to be suspended.

In an interview after the game Ozzie says that he did hit Riberio intentionally to stop him from going after one of our star players.