• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyerberger

Funny Names

Rate this topic

Alright, this is going to be immature, silly, and light-hearted, but I figure it'd be a good and possibly funny thread with which to pass the time as we wait for the next GDT, as opposed to starting yet another thread about which goalie or (insert name) is awful or what have you.

So then, what hockey player names, past or present, do you find terribly amusing? I'll start with a couple of very obvious ones:

Tugnutt (That one makes me feel sorry for the announcers)

Satan (seeing someone skating around with that on their jersey never fails to amuse me)

Peca

Cheechoo (sounds like a pokemon, "Cheechoo, I choose you!" "Chee! Chee! Cheechoo!"

Tootoo

Not as obvious: Letang (I don't know why, but I think his name sounds like a good name for a Klingon... Commander Letang! Qapla'!)

Alright, this is going to be immature, silly, and light-hearted, but I figure it'd be a good and possibly funny thread with which to pass the time as we wait for the next GDT, as opposed to starting yet another thread about which goalie or (insert name) is awful or what have you.

So then, what hockey player names, past or present, do you find terribly amusing? I'll start with a couple of very obvious ones:

Tugnutt (That one makes me feel sorry for the announcers)

Satan (seeing someone skating around with that on their jersey never fails to amuse me)

Peca

Cheechoo (sounds like a pokemon, "Cheechoo, I choose you!" "Chee! Chee! Cheechoo!"

Tootoo

Not as obvious: Letang (I don't know why, but I think his name sounds like a good name for a Klingon... Commander Letang! Qapla'!)

To pick on the Flames a bit:

Phaneuf always makes me laugh...I call him "Fluff n Stuff" (ironic because he's really not, but I just don't like him!)

and Iginlia sounds like some horrible stomach virus!

Not all NHL..... but some great ones. The last 2 actually do exist. No joke.

Toby Os***ola: Soccer player (striker) for Barnet (UK).

Jack Glasscock: Shortstop and second baseman for Cleveland, 1879-95.

Harry Colon: Former defensive back for the Detroit Lions.

Rusty Kuntz: Former outfielder for the Detriot Tigers.

Dean Windass: Soccer player (forward) for Middlesbrough in the UK.

Ron Tugnutt: NHL goalie (Dallas Stars).

Misty Hyman: US Olympic swimmer.

Gregor f***a: Slovenian basketball player who now plays for Barcelona.

Pull Dickoff: Soccer player for West Ham United in the UK.

Pull Dickoff: Soccer player for West Ham United in the UK.

Wow, that's an amazing list, this one was probably the funniest to me though. Soccer has some strange names, then again what can you expect when one of your sports top stars is named Kaká.

Dean Windass: Soccer player (forward) for Middlesbrough in the UK.

That guys a nutter - he was once sent off for starting an argument with a corner flag :D

Oh, and your list is out of date, he plays for Hull City now ;)

Valeri Zelepukin
It sounds even more funny for russians, than it does for englishmen :)

I would shot myself if I had this name. it must've been tough for him in middle and high school... I'm sure he had been a prevailing target for not so politically correct jokes...

Paul Dickoff, not Pull Dickoff

You appear to be right. I Googled both spellings and the most reliable, (BBC) has him as Paul (although there are more Google-hits for "Pull"). Apparently, this all began with the Brits accent and pronounciation of "Paul" sounding like "Pull".

Edited by One of the Few