• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Yemack

Anyone worried about game 3 at all?

Rate this topic

If the Pens lose this game, it's the backbreaker.

They won't recover from that.

If they win, it might get interesting.

Although I doubt if they can really make it difficult for the Red Wings.

Last change means the Pens will get on the board

but it also means that Babcock can roll his 4 lines without sweating the match ups, which I think gives players like Datsyuk more room to produce. He, for example, has far more points on the road then at home in these playoffs.

hope for a split

I dunno but I'm really worried about game 3. Pens have the last change which means Lilja vs Crosby and Malkin. Their fans will give Malone and co the physical boost. Also the possiblity that Therrien will go with Conklin and he will sudddenly turn into Giguere.

Anyone worried about tomorrow's game at all?

Always worried in the back of my mind even though I rarely show much emotion watching games and usually stay calm/quiet on the surface.

While I'm definitely confident/happy how the first two games went, this series is far from done and we've seen the Red Wings fumble 2-0 series leads before or lose 4 straight playoff games. Entirely different situations when they happened in 1999 and 2001 and 2003, but the potential for it to possibly happen again is still there. Also remember Nashville 2004/this year and Calgary last year when they both rallied to tie the series 2-2.

Sorry, I almost always go the cautious, middle-of-the-road approach.

With all that said, I think if the Wings can continue to play solid defnese like they have the past 2 games and take 1 of these 2 in Pittsburgh, I really like their chances a lot, lot more.

If the defense and Ozzie can withstand the onslaught from the Pens during the first period and a half, without giving up more than one goal, they have a legitimate shot of winning. If the Wings can score 2 goals before the Pens score one, its done.

We have seen the Wings totally dominate and then lose a couple of games. Would not surprise me, but I hope it doesn't happen.

i am not worried because the wings have been playing so well but (as always before a playoff game) i am really nervous - not as nervous as i was for games 1 and 2 though.

Why would I be worried? I am not playing the game at all. ;)

Seriously though, if anyone should be worried, its the Penguin fans. Detroit is in the drivers seat and the Pens have to answer back. The Wings are a professional team and will bring their best effort tonight. That much is certain.

Nervous? Yes.

Worried? No.

Ditto... My guess we'll split at the Igloo. I also can take some comfort in knowing how the Wings responded to the adversity of the Preds and Stars challenges. However, this is the first time the Pens have walked into a buzzsaw this playoffs.

Worried, no. Concerned, yes. I don't see the Pens winning unless they score first. I don't think games 1 & 2 were as close as many of the analysts would like us to believe, but game 1 was tight early. The wild card for me is how the refs will react to being called out in the media by the Pens. Could go either way and if the Wings are in the box early and often I'm not sure how the PK will hold up.

Our power play has to be better for us to expect to take tonights game. I think that they can't maintain their "physical" presence as in game 2 because they will end up in the box, but if that happens, we need to convert at least 20% of the time.

Pens will score tonight, we just need to do it 1st again to crush any momentum and kill the fans.

I'm not too worried about MAF getting hot and changing the face of this series... the Wings have rung his bell from the start and that is not something you forget. When other goalies have done it to the Wings, they have done it from the start of game one, and frustration snowballs from there. That is exactly what Osgood (and our defense) is doing to them right now. When you are praying for any goal, you are in a rough spot.

I still see them winning one at home, but I would not be shocked if the Wings rolled them up in short order.

I'm not too worried about the Wings. They seem to be doing just fine in game 3 situations (sans Nashville) thusfar. I think they're hungry, they smell blood, and they want this over too badly to let the Pens in their heads. I'm more nervous about scoring the first goal than anything. That's been a good 'tell' so far in the playoffs.

Our guys need to forget the lead and concentrate on the NOW ! If they do so we know they can shake this baby tonight !! :flamingmad:

I wonder:

Do you think we need to be more physical? I mean throwing some punches too..!??

How do you see the chances of a fight & who will be involved?

I'm not a big fan of brawls but the temper keeps rising and the respectful play of the pengs is fading..

your opinions?

Our guys need to forget the lead and concentrate on the NOW ! If they do so we know they can shake this baby tonight !! :flamingmad:

I wonder:

Do you think we need to be more physical? I mean throwing some punches too..!??

How do you see the chances of a fight & who will be involved?

I'm not a big fan of brawls but the temper keeps rising and the respectful play of the pengs is fading..

your opinions?

I think we're plenty physical in our checking game right now. We need to maintain that.

To be honest, retribution fights didn't happen vs. Dallas for their shennanigans, and I don't see it happening here unless the Wings fall far behind. They want to play poised and close this out more than they want to punch anyone.

It will be interesting to see what happens. If they manage to win, it will give them some much needed confidence (which an inexperienced team loses very quickly). I keep harping on the "experience" factor in this series and I will continue to do so as I see it as being HUGE. That said, if the Pens win tonight, gives them confidence going into game 4 and if they win that....what out.

Interesting stat.....Pens haven't lost at home since Feb. 24th (over 3 months now).

I'm not worried, but as others have said, I'm nervous.....as I always am before any playoff game. While I absolutely want the Wings to finish this series in 4 games, I wouldn't be too nervous if they atleast got the split. We need to keep in mind that the Wings are playing with "house money" now so the pressure is somewhat off tonight. Where that will be helpful is weathering the storm early and just keeping the composure. I was thrilled to hear Babs' presser when he said the Wings will be even better in Game 3 because if the Wings can weather the early storm (first 10 minutes of the game) they should be able to take over once the adrenaline wears off.

Not so much. I can see us splitting or sweeping.

This is partially due to my new favorite Mike Babcock quote:

We talked about that today. What everyone says in the playoffs is: Okay, you go to the visiting team, you have to always weather the storm. Why is that?

Do we hear that enough that we make that true, or is there a reason we can’t be the storm? You say it’s going to be loud. Was it not loud in our building last night? It’s not the like we can hear either in our building. We’re not going to be able to hear in their building.

Also, a three-month winning streak at home? I think it would do Therrien well to stop talking about it. Sounds like something waiting to be broken, as lots of things have been this series. Have you lost two road games yet? How about two shut outs? And who just doubled your losses in two games? Seems to me you should be thinking about the fact that you have yet to play the Wings at home.

Oh, and. I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere, but there's a reason Datsyuk's been fantastic on the road. Therrien's looking forward to having last change, for the match-ups. He's all excited to get Crosby out there without Zetterberg and Dats, I'm sure. Absolutely cannot wait. But that means they'll be out there with someone else, who knows who. And are you really counting on "someone else" to contain the Euro Twins?

Edited by katiephd

From top to bottom, the Wings are better at every position, including Janitor. Not just better, but decisively better. If they play their game, the Pens can squeeze out a game, maybe two v the Wings but this series is starting to look a lot like the Caps series in 98.

I think Babs pushes our guys hard to get the win tonight and make the series an afterthought. Look for Franzen to get on the board tonight--twice.

I have had a feeling since the beggining of the series that we would lose game 3, but end up winning game 4, and something tells me thats the way its gonna go. Then again, never would have I expected to shut down the "best offensive team" in the league twice. So........GO WINGS GO!

Worried ? always. Nervous ? Never. The bottom line for me is simple. We are in the SCF's with a 2 games to none lead. The much tauted Pens offense has been completely stimied by The best defense in the league. The Pens have begun to resrt to whatever possible to get back in it IE : the rough stuff, Crosby and Therrien whining etc.........the Wings are indaunted by any of this . the only benefit I see the pens having for game 3 is home ice. The Wings know they are the much better team. They know that they need to take one game @ a time. They know that with a win tonight, the series and the Cup goes to Motown. All they have to do is play as consistently as they have been. Too close to the goal line to become complacent. I think as intense as Pitt will be , in a must win situation, Detroit will match their intensity. I can't wait to see us defeat them on their home ice for the first time this playoff season..............I too hope that the refs don't make calls that decide the outcome of the game. I would love to see Datz and Mule get some payback for the last game ............I would also love to see someone (anyone) light up Roberts for his cheap shot antics (my ass it was accidental !). I think Drakster or Kronner will deliver some pain ..............

realistically, even if we did Lose ( hard to say that word !) It's only one game.................I don't see it happening though.

Ozzie stands on his head , but no shutout............................