• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

2008 SCF Game 6 GDT: Red Wings 3, Penguins 2

Rate this topic

WHY I AM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS AS MUCH AS EVERYONE ELESE IS:

-It reallly sucks that there isn't gonna be any more NHL hockey for months after tonite.

-I'm gonna miss watching the Wings play after tonite.

-The Toronto Maple Leafs are gonna be tied for first in the league after tonite.

-We're gonna have to see our beloved Captain fraternize with Gary Bitchman tonite.

-Sidney Crosby is gonna shave his "facial hair" and all the ladies are no longer think Im as good looking as some sort of man model in comparison...after tonite.

I don't know what you guys are all so excited about, this is downright depressing.

GO WINGS! BRING 'ER HOME WHERE SHE BELONGS!

THE WINGS WILL WIN TONIGHT I AM GRADUATING ON SATURDAY WHAT WILL I TELL ME FAMILY WHEN THEY ASK ME WHY I WASN'T AT GRADUATION AND THEY DROVE FOUR HOURS TO SEE ME :) LOL DON'T WORRY THEY WILL WIN AND WE ARE GOING TO BE UP TILL AT LEAST WHAT WE WERE THE OTHER NIGHT BUT WE WILL BE WATCHING OUR GUYS CARRY THE CUP AROUND THE ICE

:siren: LETS GO WINGS :siren: MAKE SID CRY :angry:

Edited by homerfan96

That's good... any kind of soccer is good.

I just asked because your Euro and I figured there's gotta be somebody on here who didn't hate the beautiful game.

I'm kind of hardcore soccer, but I don't so much watch it as play it.

You watching the Euro 2008? If you are, you have a team?

Hate to say it but my team (England) didn't qualify. :lol: Hopefully they'll get their s*** together and avoid this kind of embarrassment in the future. Of course I was pulling for Finland too but they weren't even expected to make it, they came surprisingly close though. I don't really have a clear-cut favorite among the EC teams at the moment but I'm thinking Germany will win. I'm watching as much as I can (all of the games are broadcast here), I hope you'll be able to see the games too! Always cool to find fellow soccer fans. :thumbup:

When that overtime ended by sykora's wrister part of me wanted a game 7 so we could raise it in motown. However I think my thinking was flawed due to an 18 pack of miller light used in an anticipated celebration midway through the 2nd period of game 5. Tonight is when we will fulfill our destiny as hockey immortals for the 2007-2008 season.

Wings - 5

Pittsburgh - 2

-It reallly sucks that there isn't gonna be any more NHL hockey for months after tonite.

-The Toronto Maple Leafs are gonna be tied for first in the league after tonite.

-We're gonna have to see our beloved Captain fraternize with Gary Bitchman tonite.

-Sidney Crosby is gonna shave his "facial hair" and all the ladies are no longer think Im as good looking as some sort of man model in comparison...after tonite.

I don't know what you guys are all so excited about, this is downright depressing.

great post :thumbup:

Wings will win this one tonight, and will be bringing Stanley with them on the flight back to Motown

Wings 2 (Zetterburg,Homer)

Pens 0

Ozzie gets the Conn Smythe trophy tonight. :D

Wow.. what a summary.

At first glance I thought you were naming reasons why we were going to lose... then I laughed.

Quote made my day :thumbup:

Hate to say it but my team (England) didn't qualify. :lol: Hopefully they'll get their s*** together and avoid this kind of embarrassment in the future. Of course I was pulling for Finland too but they weren't even expected to make it, they came surprisingly close though. I don't really have a clear-cut favorite among the EC teams at the moment but I'm thinking Germany will win. I'm watching as much as I can (all of the games are broadcast here), I hope you'll be able to see the games too! Always cool to find fellow soccer fans. :thumbup:

Oh that was hard for England... there is just no way you can have the Euro Cup without them, eh.

Well I am from Canada, who happens to suck anyways, so I have been a pretty big Portugal fan for a long time but lately I am starting to fall in love with Sweden and the magic of Larsson and Ibrahimovich.

I wonder why that is, though... ould it have anything to do with the Wings.. :unsure:

We will win. Make it happen.

Deeeeeeeeeeeeetroit.

literally ive been thinking about this game since ive been awake at 6 this morning.

i tried to keep my mind off it, just isnt working that way, buts thats okay.

less than an hour away. GO WINGS GO !!

ps. i randomly tuned into ESPN during Around the Horn and Tony asked who each panelist picked to win tonights game, and of course, Jay Mariotti picked against the Red Wings (he seems so anti - detroit to me) and he said the Pens will win because they're younger and have their legs.

toolbag.

Edited by kylee

i havent been able to sleep because of all the excitement. ive been up since like 5:40 this morning watching my detroit red wings history DVDs, playing endless nhl08 against pathetic pittsburgh fans and generally reliving the cups from 97,98,02.

GO WINGS GO!!!!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!! WE WANT THE CUP!!! WE WANT THE CUP!!!!!

Smash them it the face... The wings need to play with no mercy..............

Lets do this!!

:nhl:

If I'm Gary Buttman, I'm secretly hoping for a Wings win tonight! Why? Because Buttman has three possibilities before him:

1. Present the Cup to the Wings tonight in Pittsburgh.

2. Present the Cup to the Wings after game 7 in Detroit.

3. Present the Cup to the Penquins after game 7 in Detroit.

Each possibility becomes more stressful and intimidating (option #3 - downright dangerous), so I'd be hoping for option #1 if I were in his slimy little shoes.

If I'm Gary Buttman, I'm secretly hoping for a Wings win tonight! Why? Because Buttman has three possibilities before him:

1. Present the Cup to the Wings tonight in Pittsburgh.

2. Present the Cup to the Wings after game 7 in Detroit.

3. Present the Cup to the Penquins after game 7 in Detroit.

Each possibility becomes more stressful and intimidating (option #3 - downright dangerous), so I'd be hoping for option #1 if I were in his slimy little shoes.

I'd be fine with accepting an assault charge for putting his teeth down his throat.

Well...out of respect for you all I dont usually invade your GDT....but.....

Best of luck tonight...I hope the game is as epic as the last 3 have been!!!

Im stuck in a Columbus Ohio hotel for game 6 (business trip)...lol...I was out of town for Rangers game 1 (win)...and Wings game 3 (win)....lol...either this is a good omen for us or my luck may run out...

Either way good luck and great hockey!!!