• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

Campbell to become UFA.

Rate this topic

Bruce Garrioch:

Defenceman Brian Campbell will be going to the unrestricted free agent market.

But, it's doubtful he'll be wearing an Ottawa uniform.

Senators GM Bryan Murray said today he had discussions with San Jose GM Doug Wilson about acquiring Campbell's rights before he becomes an unrestricted free agent on July 1, but the asking price was too high and Ottawa really can't afford to sign the former 67's defenceman anyway.

Campbell has informed the Sharks he won't be back.

Bad news for the Sharks and maybe the Wings too. They gave up a lot for Campbell and he wasn't all that impressive in the playoffs anyway. I'm putting my money on Stuart signing with San Jose.

Before anyone says it, there is no way the Wings sign Campbell.

Do you think the Wings will go after Campbell?

Campbell will NOT be coming to detroit. He would cost more than Stuart. If the wings don't sign Stu, then I see the wings going with what they have in D. And if needed, trade for another D man at the deadline.

:lol: Nice Turretin!

Campbell will NOT be coming to detroit. He would cost more than Stuart. If the wings don't sign Stu, then I see the wings going with what they have in D. And if needed, trade for another D man at the deadline.

I don't think you caught Turretin's sarcasm. Read the end of ARice's initial post.

I am beginning to think Stuart will end up in San jose or Anaheim (if Neidermayer retires or they plan on trading Schneider)...

I am fine with it. Give the young guys time to develop, and if they are not there yet, pick up a defender at the trade deadline.

I'm sorry, I can't help myself. It was set up perfectly to watch people take the bait. :lol: This site really gets me through the work days sometimes.

EDIT: Clarity

Edited by Turretin

Guest Crymson
REDDEN REDDEN REDDEN REDDEN!!!!! Please get Wade Redden Kenny, He would be Awesome.

Need I remind you that Redden was paid $6m this year and had a very good season?

Just imagine Federov and Meech on this team! They'd be alternating forward and defense and the other team wouldn't knwo what to do about it! OMG!!!111111111ONE11`13! Get er done Keeny!

:P

Seriously, I think the Federov rumors are dead. He seems to have found his niche in Washington with Ovie.

Here come the Fedorov posts.

Undoubtedly, some joker will make a post about how Bowman played Fedorov on defense 10 years ago, and because it succeeded for 2 or 3 games, we should take a run at doing it again.

Great idea. Would love to see Feds back in Motown.

Need I remind you that Redden was paid $6m this year and had a very good season?

It would be a stretch of the imagination to think any member of the Ottawa Senators had a good season, specifically Wade Redden. You can smell the regret of the Senators management choosing to re-sign him over Zdeno Chara.

Bruce Garrioch:

Bad news for the Sharks and maybe the Wings too. They gave up a lot for Campbell and he wasn't all that impressive in the playoffs anyway. I'm putting my money on Stuart signing with San Jose.

Before anyone says it, there is no way the Wings sign Campbell.

You're on to something! My bro-in-law, who lives in SJ, is best friends with Brad's wife's uncle. My sis tells me, the Stuarts love the life style of CA & won't take family away from friends. He has his cup......see ya! Would love to see Campbell, but.....I know...I know :blush:

REDDEN REDDEN REDDEN REDDEN!!!!! Please get Wade Redden Kenny, He would be Awesome.

I couldn't agree more, even though I like Stuart.

Wade would be like getting another Nick Lidstrom, a poor man's of course.

Plus I don't think it would be for that much, he has been down for a while and if you snap him up while people are gushing over Campbell then you would be fine.

I did note that Scotty really likes Brian....

I have to say that I disagree with the concept that we cannot pay a Dman more then Kronners 3 million.

How much has the cap changed since we gave Kronner that contract?

I think if you gave Stuart 3.5 then it would most likely just account for inflation via the cap???

I really think making a hard line isn't a great idea. You can give him 3 million adjusted via the cap. The team philosphy should be to have a pay grade for role, but things change year to year.

Let us say that Franzen has a sick year and puts up like 60 goals, and wants to get paid. Would Kenny play hardball because he doesn't want to pay him more then his idea for a third forward?

Is he going to refuse to pay Zetter more then Pavel, even if he demands nine million?

Think we can convince him to play for $3 milliion per year less? My Magic 8 Ball says "No"

Redden has been pretty bad the past two seasons. He's going to get overpaid based on reputation but he hasn't been great since '05-06.

Here come the Fedorov posts.

Undoubtedly, some joker will make a post about how Bowman played Fedorov on defense 10 years ago, and because it succeeded for 2 or 3 games, we should take a run at doing it again.

Fedorov played defense quite a bit in Columbus.