• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cicada

Marian Hossa a Red Wing, 1yr, $7.45m

Rate this topic

Oh.My.God.

I usually criticize you guys for your line of thinking that "players should come here and only here because we'll give them the best chance at a Cup," but it looks Hossa - who's not even reached his prime yet and probably deserves a 60+ million dollar deal - is bypassing all of that to play for the Cup with Detroit this season.

I apologize to all the homers. This is truly one of the great coups in recent history.

Guest Shoreline

I'm excited, but skeptical too. Hopefully Mr. Hossa stays healthy and is a good contributor both on the ice and in the locker room.

This wouldn't have been possible without the cap increase.

Does this mean no Zetterberg extension till next summer? That would scare me a little...

Regardless if Hank signs tomorrow or today or next season his figures don't hit the books until the contract starts the only precaution would be tagging room.

And since Hossa is a one year deal they don't need tagging room for him next year.

In other words no problem!!

Me thinks part of Holland being able to delay flip's signing was saying to him, hey let us play this out and you could be playing next to Hossa, just give me your word I won't have to deal with offer sheets!