• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cicada

Marian Hossa a Red Wing, 1yr, $7.45m

Rate this topic

...if Rolston had it to do all over again, do you think he would take that hometown discount contract offer now that we've signed Hossa?

...reminds me of 2001 off season when JR signed with Philly, he said both Detroit and Philly offered the same exact contracts, but felt Philly had the better chance to win a Cup. He later said if he knew that Detroit was gonna get Hasek, he would have chosen the other path, oops...

...players, so quick to jump the gun!

So...we're going to win the Cup *AND* tank the season so we pick up Tavares?

So...we're going to win the Cup *AND* tank the season so we pick up Tavares?

If you are referring to his sig, it is basically saying that we should let a crap team like Vancouver sign Flip to an offer sheet, so we would get their first round pick, and seeing how they are gonna have a bad season, we'd have a shot at landing the #1 overall pick that we'd get from Vancouver (or some other crappy team that would be stupid enough to throw a big offer sheet at Flip).

I honestly think we are safe from teams throwing offer sheets at Flip anyway, just because of that. a GM of a crap team is not gonna risk losing their chance in getting a player like Tavares next summer. And they most certainly would not let the Wings be the team to get their first rounder. Imagine adding a player like Tavares to our roster? Good lord. I don't think ANYONE in the NHL not involved with the Wings want to see that happen.

Edited by marcaractac

My sons mother is originally from Russia and I'm from Sweden. When I told my baby son that we signed Hossa his first word was in english!! - He said " Repeat" :lol:

Ok maybe I'm bending the truth a little but we both really like this signing!!

Let's go wings!

If you are referring to his sig, it is basically saying that we should let a crap team like Vancouver sign Flip to an offer sheet, so we would get their first round pick, and seeing how they are gonna have a bad season, we'd have a shot at landing the #1 overall pick that we'd get from Vancouver (or some other crappy team that would be stupid enough to throw a big offer sheet at Flip).

I honestly think we are safe from teams throwing offer sheets at Flip anyway, just because of that. a GM of a crap team is not gonna risk losing their chance in getting a player like Tavares next summer. And they most certainly would not let the Wings be the team to get their first rounder. Imagine adding a player like Tavares to our roster? Good lord. I don't think ANYONE in the NHL not involved with the Wings want to see that happen.

The NHL would not let us win the lottery, they would rig that for sure. Although, I still think that I would rather have a top 10 pick then Val, just because we most likely will find another amazing depth player like Val somewhere, and adding a blue chipper could give us two amazing players. I really do think that Hudler is ready for more ice time anyways.

I love Val, but losing him in exchange for at least a first rounder won't make me lose any sleep.

chara-svadba-jul07-gaborik-s-frajerkou-marian-hossa.jpg

The man is made of pure concentrated ownage.

Would you ever be caught dead wearing those shoes? That's right, no you wouldn't. Sit your ass down.

:lol:

I see that you may have found out that Hossa and Gaborik were late for Chara's wedding :D

chara-svadba-jul07.jpgchara-svadba-jul07-bondra-s-manzelkou.jpg also Bondra chara-svadba-jul07-satan-bondra.jpg and Šatan

sorry I'm spamming............ so this is Hossa's fiancée:

Marian-Hossa-Jana-Ferova.jpg

Edited by #18 the _Hoss_

^^^^^^^^^^

So glad I am dating a Yugoslavian... Mediterranean Region/European Women <3

- Anyone really watch Hossa throughout his career and see how he is with winning face offs? Just curious...

Edited by Rivalred

^^^^^^^^^^

So glad I am dating a Yugoslavian... Mediterranean Region/European Women <3

- Anyone really watch Hossa throughout his career and see how he is with winning face offs? Just curious...

His faceoff percentage has been horrible. Was 4 for 14 one year. As in, for the entire 82 games. I bet he'll be the third man in (Z, D, Franzen, Fil all taking draws before him, the only exception would be maybe if he were on a line with Homer).

[EDIT: It's funny: it sounds like I'm critiquing his game by saying he was horrible at the dot. :D He just won't be used here, ever, but I figured I'd answer the question.]

Edited by Anomalously

Why was this recycled? I read the subject, thought it was this year and freaked out.

Well, that's your fault for not inherently knowing that contracts are not allowed to be signed during the playoffs. So there's no way this could be anything but a recycled post.

:blush:

Edited by rick zombo

Well, that's your fault for not inherently knowing that contracts are not allowed to be signed during the playoffs. So there's no way this could be anything but a recycled post.

:blush:

Well right. But usually when "_____ signs deal with Wings" comes up, rational thinking does not happen before you click.

chara-svadba-jul07-gaborik-s-frajerkou-marian-hossa.jpg

The man is made of pure concentrated ownage.

Would you ever be caught dead wearing those shoes? That's right, no you wouldn't. Sit your ass down.

:lol:

No one can resist when White Goodman puts on his shiny shoes.