• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

2008 College Football Thread

Rate this topic

So that's who that was! I was there too, Little Bar, and I see this big ass dude walk in dressed like that. Guess I should have figured it was an offensive lineman since Alex Boone was there, as himself, which is beastly enough.

EDIT: If it's the same one I remember thinking that girl was really hott. Yeesh, beer goggles.

Apparently you weren't the only one that thought so :lol: although maybe Boren thought she'd help him snowplow or something.

sorry SWF but GO UTES! I have a soft spot for them having lived there.

No need to apologize. I rarely ever get into rivalry stuff or hating teams or fans of other teams just because they like the other team or school. Just something I usually don't like to get involved in.

If Utah beats my school, I'll be rooting for them to crash the BCS again. Not that I have anything against Boise State, I don't, I'd just like to see my conference crack it, especially this year when the Mountain West Conference has been really, really good all things considering.

I usually keep things on an even keel emotionally when watching sports and don't get too high/low, but this is as excited as I've been in a long while for a football game, I'm starting to act like a giddy schoolgirl (:scared::P). I've been reading rumblings that if my school wins this game and their last one, there's a good chance they might get in the Sugar Bowl where I am from.

I'm giddy, but I am quite confident as well going against Utah. This is as good of defense as I've seen my school play since I went to school there/graduated, and we've usually had some very solid defenses. Speed, they are just extremely fast. Other than our lone loss, in all of their games they have given up no more than 14 points, and the 14 points only happened twice. And in one of the games one of the two touchdowns was off a blocked punt, so technically our defense has only given up more than one touchdown in just one of their wins.

I think it'll come down to our offense. It's nowhere close to an explosive-type offense like Texas Tech, but they've been really good at mixing play calls up w/ run and pass and keeping defenses off balance lately and holding onto the ball for long stretches. If that offense shows up and not the inconsistent/slow offense like I am sometimes accustomed to, I like their chances. Although I won't be surprised if they lose as Utah is obviously legit this year, a big game on their home turf, TV, sold out crowd I am assuming, etc.

I want us to crack the BCS obviously, but even if we don't, a 9/10 win season is something to still be proud of.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

I suddenly just realized an interesting bowl scenario for MSU.

-Lets say that Penn State and Ohio State win the rest of their games.

-Penn State goes to the BCS games as well as Ohio State, that leaves Michigan State heading to the Capital one bowl game.

-Alabama and Florida battle for the SEC but Florida wins the SEC championship, sending Florida to the BCS and Bama to the Capital One Bowl.

-Alabama & Nick Saban plays Michigan State in the Capital One Bowl. :yowza:

I dont even think i made a big stretch either for this prediction.

I suddenly just realized an interesting bowl scenario for MSU.

-Lets say that Penn State and Ohio State win the rest of their games.

-Penn State goes to the BCS games as well as Ohio State, that leaves Michigan State heading to the Capital one bowl game.

-Alabama and Florida battle for the SEC but Florida wins the SEC championship, sending Florida to the BCS and Bama to the Capital One Bowl.

-Alabama & Nick Saban plays Michigan State in the Capital One Bowl. :yowza:

I dont even think i made a big stretch either for this prediction.

That is good stuff right there, and you're right it isn't really a stretch. Interesting.....

Oh lovely! Looks like we get to see Sheridan start Saturday. Mark that one down as a lose!!

We wwill probably be seeing the reason why Feagin wasn't played at all this year.....

It's gonna be a long day tomorrow, hopefully Feagin can come in and play amazing and make Rich Rod look like a dummy for not playing him all year, but I don't think Rich Rod is THAT bad this year.

Ha and on the whole advancement of african americans this week, if Feagin plays tomorrow he will be the first to play at QB (excluding Carlos Brown for a direct snap) since Demitrious Brown and Michael Taylor in the late 80's/early 90's.

BREAKING NEWS: The Ohio State-Michigan game in Columbus is cancelled. Apparently, Michigan can't get past Toledo.

Funny, last I heard Obama made it his first priority to clean unneccessary spending....That's why Ohio State is dropping down to D-III because they can't hide money in their players pockets anymore.

I'm not saying we will beat OSU, but I really think we are going to give them a game. I think we've finally started to turn the corner on all sides of the ball. The offense will still be up and down with the personal they have, but they are starting to show signs of consistency, and you can actually see now they have an idea of what they are doing.

With that said I don't know what to expect against NW. I guess that depends on if Bacher plays.

Just got 2 tickets for the game on last notice!! It's going to be a cold one! (high of 42, 70% of rain, and 20-30 MPH winds). My last three games have been Appy State, Ohio State, and Utah...the streak should end......right?? /:

Can you guys stop a running quarterback? Assuming they play as well as last week, Michigan should win no problem.

Tomorrow at the same time you can see Ohio State get revenge on Illinois for their shenanigans following last year's upset.

That depends which coach the Buckeyes have though. If it's Jim Tressel, expect three yards and a cloud of dust. If it's his evil twin, Reggie Tressel, expect us to go for fake punts up by 21 points in the 4th.

Needless to say, I dont get the backwardsness of the play calling.

HAHA! Would that really have made much of a difference this season though?

Heh, good point.

I've been very quiet on here with any schadenfreude about the Wolverines, but I have to admit. I am loving watching the Callahaning of their program.

As a side note, I hate bye weeks.

You need to buy season tickets.

LOL!!! My family has them. I just got caught a bad run of luck. I'm just thankful I didn't freeze to death today!

Can't believe I'm excited for a true freshmen to start at QB next year. The growing pains continue.....

LOL!!! My family has them. I just got caught a bad run of luck. I'm just thankful I didn't freeze to death today!

Can't believe I'm excited for a true freshmen to start at QB next year. The growing pains continue.....

Next time you go to a Michigan game, take me along. I'm 2-0.

And, the D2 football playoffs start today. GVSU has (of course) spent most of the year as #1 and has a first round bye. They will play the winner of Ashland and Minnesota State.

It's incredible, the way that team keeps dominating. I'm going home Thanksgiving weekend - if Grand Valley has a home playoff game that weekend that doesn't conflict with UVA-VT, I'm going to make my brother procure us some tickets.

Next time you go to a Michigan game, take me along. I'm 2-0.

It's incredible, the way that team keeps dominating. I'm going home Thanksgiving weekend - if Grand Valley has a home playoff game that weekend that doesn't conflict with UVA-VT, I'm going to make my brother procure us some tickets.

I'm not joking if the chance occurred with open tickets I would let you know! I'm down for anything to change it! I was something like 17 or 18-0 before this recent 0-4 slide, and some of those wins included the Washington game, 2004 MSU, and 2005 PSU.

GVSU is the truth. I wonder how long Chuck Martin will stay around? He has to be popping up on D1 radars by now. He's no longer using Brian Kelly's players, and continues to kill everyone.

P.S. - I assume all you MSU fans here are going to join the good side for just this week due to Big Ten implications??

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

GVSU is the truth. I wonder how long Chuck Martin will stay around? He has to be popping up on D1 radars by now. He's no longer using Brian Kelly's players, and continues to kill everyone.

P.S. - I assume all you MSU fans here are going to join the good side for just this week due to Big Ten implications??

GVSU plays Ashland in a rematch from an earlier GLIAC game. The Lakers beat the Eagles 48-42.

I have no rooting interest in the upcoming UM/OSU game. While I would certainly like to see tOSU lose, I will not actively cheer for Michigan. I'm just cheering for the Spartans to get business done against Penn State.

I was feeling pretty apathetic about this upcoming Saturday. However, I just bought a copy of the HBO documentary on the rivalry today and now I can't wait to get into Ohio Stadium, take in the colors and the bands, and watch my Buckeyes beat the livin' hell out of Michigan.

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings

GVSU plays Ashland in a rematch from an earlier GLIAC game. The Lakers beat the Eagles 48-42.

I have no rooting interest in the upcoming UM/OSU game. While I would certainly like to see tOSU lose, I will not actively cheer for Michigan. I'm just cheering for the Spartans to get business done against Penn State.

I really don't understand MSU fans. I hate the piss outta Ohio State but I'd put on a Beanie Wells jersey and pull like hell for the Buckeyes if there were some scenario where a Buckeye win put Michigan in the Rose Bowl instead of the C*****l O** Bowl. Team first, rivalries second.

I really don't understand MSU fans. I hate the piss outta Ohio State but I'd put on a Beanie Wells jersey and pull like hell for the Buckeyes if there were some scenario where a Buckeye win put Michigan in the Rose Bowl instead of the C*****l O** Bowl. Team first, rivalries second.

I agree, but I can see BlackChambers side of it because if MSU doesn't hold up to their end of the bargain it is pointless.

So anyway where is HTRW? It's time to start talking some garbage!!!