• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

2008 College Football Thread

Rate this topic

The slave or the get a life one?

"It's like back before the Civil War when slaves had the right to buy their freedom," said Marv Robon, one of Rodriguez's lawyers. "A penalty of $4 million is almost like a slave from Africa trying to buy his freedom in America. I think it's an outrageous amount. It's just not fair and it's not related to any damages the university is suffering."

"It's amazing some of the things that people would say [on a message board] or yell at you of a personal nature," Rodriguez said Monday. "You almost want to tell them, 'Get a life.' "There's a whole lot bigger problems. Look at the economy."

Awwww...are people being mean to poor widdle Wichie?

I want Sparty in the Rose Bowl, but hopefully Sparty fans will not start think football started this year and that Michigan is 'da werzt teem evarrrrrrr'.

I think Michigan wins for some strange reason, I think Sheridan is more comfortable playing on the road and that someone will seriously be trying to take Pryor out of the game. I would love to see Rich Rod on the sidelines with something other than a 'I s*** my pants' look on his face.

Ohio State 7 Michigan 10

I want Sparty in the Rose Bowl, but hopefully Sparty fans will not start think football started this year and that Michigan is 'da werzt teem evarrrrrrr'.

MSU hasn't had nearly as bad a year as Michigan has had this year. Since 1996, MSU has had some bad years...but they at least won 4 games. Unless a miracle happens, Michigan will finish with 3 wins.

The thing is that for Michigan, a bad year..a rebuilding year is supposed to be 7-5 or 6-6. Beat Utah, Toledo, and Purdue and this team heads to a bowl game.

Here is Michigan State's 2009 football season:

09/05/09 vs. Montana State East Lansing, Mich. TBA

09/12/09 vs. Central Michigan East Lansing, Mich. TBA

09/19/09 at Notre Dame Notre Dame, Ind. TBA

09/26/09 at Wisconsin Madison, Wis. TBA

10/03/09 vs. Michigan East Lansing, Mich. TBA

10/10/09 at Illinois Champaign, Ill. TBA

10/17/09 vs. Northwestern East Lansing, Mich. TBA

10/24/09 vs. Iowa East Lansing, Mich. TBA

10/31/09 at Minnesota Minneapolis, Minn. TBA

11/07/09 vs. Western Michigan Detroit, Mich. TBA

11/14/09 at Purdue West Lafayette, Ind. TBA

11/21/09 vs. Penn State East Lansing, Mich. TBA

Looks like the 11/7 game will be held at Ford Field. Pretty sweet!! Might have to go to that game.

Well, you've bought yourself a Snake Oil Salesman in a wizard hat. Nothing I've seen from Dantonio has given me any indication that he would up and leave, then try to sue his former school to get out of his contract, then have his lawyer compare the situation to being a slave, then when his season is imploding, tell the fanbase to get a life and worry about the economy.

I can think of another coach who gets criticized for being too conservative, who is a mentor to Dantonio, and who is 6-1 against Michigan with a national championship

I can also think of a former Michigan coach who was criticized for being too conservative who has a 122-40 lifetime record and no way in hell would have this team end up at 3-8.

It's just not RR. Les Miles said he was staying at Oklahoma State, and a day later goes to LSU. Petrino, Saban, and many others have said similar things too. Funny how it's okay for Dantonio to take his staff to MSU, and leave Cincy out in the cold for their bowl game. I understand the head coach not coaching in the bowl game, but not other coaches...thats a joke. That get a life comment was also taken so far out of context it's ridiculous.

You are right on the conservative comment. I am not ripping Dantonio for it because it works. I've watched it for years, but you just wait it will cost you, and it's the most frustrating thing ever. It's pretty obvious Lloyd Carr wouldn't be 3-8, but if Carr was still here we would have a lot more key players back because there would have been hardly no attrition. It's not fair to say that.

Looks like the 11/7 game will be held at Ford Field. Pretty sweet!! Might have to go to that game.

Wow, WMU plays MSU, and U-M in one season. What's the deal with WMU playing Big Ten teams at Ford Field now?

Got some friends who are Michigan fans coming down tonight for the weekend. Thinking of giving them 2 touchdowns and if Michigan doesnt cover, they have to spend an hour out on my balcony in their boxers. I still never got payback for the 03 game.

Only 2 TD's...bad friend! :lol:

You better give them a bottle of whiskey while they are out there!

This season has sucked so what the hell....16-13 Michigan!

Alright lets hear the scores.....

Prediction with Maize and Blue glasses: 16-13 Michigan

After I take them off: 38-17 OSU

Put them back on again: 97-2 Penn State

Take them off a final time: 27-21 Penn State

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

It's just not RR. Les Miles said he was staying at Oklahoma State, and a day later goes to LSU. Petrino, Saban, and many others have said similar things too. Funny how it's okay for Dantonio to take his staff to MSU, and leave Cincy out in the cold for their bowl game. I understand the head coach not coaching in the bowl game, but not other coaches...thats a joke. That get a life comment was also taken so far out of context it's ridiculous.

I didn't say anything about Rodriguez not coaching his bowl game. I'm not going to get on his case for that. All coaches do it, its unfortunate, but that's how it happens. Saban didn't coach the Citrus Bowl for MSU against Florida when he left. JLS didn't coach Louisville in their bowl game when he came to MSU, etc. I don't remember the details for who stayed at Cincy for the bowl games. I do know that Narduzzi stayed at Cincy and didn't immediately follow to MSU.

Even if Dantonio didn't coach Cincy for their bowl game; he also didn't call potential recruits for his new school from a cell phone issued by his old school during a recruiting dead period or submit his resignation via a grad assistant. Honestly, is this what passes for Michigan Man behavior these days? ;)

I actually agree with what RichRod said, but he probably should have worded it a little better. When you're making millions of bucks in a state with the worst economy and Callahaning the winningest program in football history, I would think you'd want to have a little more tact. Hell, that makes JLS look like a master with the media.

You are right on the conservative comment. I am not ripping Dantonio for it because it works. I've watched it for years, but you just wait it will cost you, and it's the most frustrating thing ever. It's pretty obvious Lloyd Carr wouldn't be 3-8, but if Carr was still here we would have a lot more key players back because there would have been hardly no attrition. It's not fair to say that.

It's cost us already. The Michigan game last year. Dantonio was right, look at their sidelines during the game. Michigan was scared and MSU was in the drivers seat. Then for reasons I will never understand for the rest of my life, MSU took their foot off the gas and started playing prevent defense with way too much time left. It was like the ghost of JLS had returned to Spartan Stadium.

Anyway, for this weekend.

Homer pick:

MSU 31 - PSU 24

Actual pick

PSU 24 - MSU 17

Michigan State 28, Penn State 24

Look at the Iowa game and how Greene ran the ball over the Nittany Lions to show that MSU is gonna have success running against PSU. The big questions is will Hoyer deliver and pass effectively. I am saying he does. But I also think that OSU will kill Michigan by a score of like 38-10 so Spartans won't head to the Rose Bowl. Instead they will play Nick Saban and Alabama in the Capital One Bowl :yowza:

Michigan State 28, Penn State 24

Look at the Iowa game and how Greene ran the ball over the Nittany Lions to show that MSU is gonna have success running against PSU. The big questions is will Hoyer deliver and pass effectively. I am saying he does. But I also think that OSU will kill Michigan by a score of like 38-10 so Spartans won't head to the Rose Bowl. Instead they will play Nick Saban and Alabama in the Capital One Bowl :yowza:

If the Spartans were in East Lansing I would most likely pick them, but Happy Valley will be insane this weekend. I don't buy much into the 12th man thing, but PSU is one of the exceptions.

Here is Michigan State's 2009 football season:

09/05/09 vs. Montana State East Lansing, Mich. TBA

09/12/09 vs. Central Michigan East Lansing, Mich. TBA

09/19/09 at Notre Dame Notre Dame, Ind. TBA

09/26/09 at Wisconsin Madison, Wis. TBA

10/03/09 vs. Michigan East Lansing, Mich. TBA

10/10/09 at Illinois Champaign, Ill. TBA

10/17/09 vs. Northwestern East Lansing, Mich. TBA

10/24/09 vs. Iowa East Lansing, Mich. TBA

10/31/09 at Minnesota Minneapolis, Minn. TBA

11/07/09 vs. Western Michigan Detroit, Mich. TBA

11/14/09 at Purdue West Lafayette, Ind. TBA

11/21/09 vs. Penn State East Lansing, Mich. TBA

At this moment, that appears to be one of the easiest schedules imaginable.

CMU is a very intriguing game. Playing LeFevour is not easy, and CMU should have beaten Purdue both times the last 2 years. Plus MAC teams beating Big Ten teams is starting to become a theme lately.

Toledo over Michigan

WMU over Illinois

CMU over Indiana

I think there are a couple I'm forgetting too if you look at the last 2 seasons.

A Notre Dame fan would know an easy schedule ;) You're right though, its not too tough. CMU will probably be the toughest on the non-conference games. MSU doesn't play OSU or Indiana for the next two years. Not gonna lie, I won't miss playing Pryor has he gets better.

I don't like playing Montana State. Nothing good comes from playing 1AA teams. If you win, no one is impressed because you were supposed to win. If you lose...well...just ask Michigan. If MSU, OSU, and PSU ended up tied this season, MSU would get the better bowl because they haven't played a 1AA team while OSU and PSU have. I don't like it.

The biggest MSU game in the last 20 years and I have to be at a wedding. Thank god for the college football app on my iPhone.

Just got back. I'm frozen solid. Not wearing two layers of socks became a very apparent mistake early in the fourth quarter. But I can't *****, as boring and predictable as our offense was, we still put up 42. Good times and good for Todd Boeckman.

This game isnt what the rivlary is supposed to be about, but I'll take the easy ones while we can get them.